Did Leaving the Organization Make you Feel *Alive*?

by Mysterious 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Did you have moments after you left the organization when you felt alive for the first time? When you realized that you had just been drudging around with your head down, enduring rather than living. When that huge burden was lifted from your shoulders and you saw the world not for the place of darkness and pain that the witnesses made it out to be but for all the wonder in it? Did you walk out on the grass in the sunlight and marvel at just how beautiful it was. Or did you pass well tailored yards and see the work and little bit of "paradise" that went into it without thinking of it as a shameful waste of time. Did you draw what you felt was your first unburded breath of air.

I did.

• delilah
    delilah

Yes, I did!!! I was finally free. To be me, to think for myself, free from ever- watchful eyes, free to be with my family, and not feel guilt for not being at the meetings, in service or studying.

Yes, I felt alive for the first time.....and it's a wonderful feeling, isn't it?

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

It is. I'm glad I'm not the only one to experience it.

• rowan
    rowan

I felt guilt and the fear of Armagedon looming by disappear. I felt I could almost literally breathe better.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ten yrs after, i'm still resurecting bits and pieces of me. It's a long process. Not only was the religion a tool i used to repress, but my family's style was very repressive.

S

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

yes but actually not until years later, (wish I had this website back then) anyway my day was in London at the Imperial War Museum, out in front of the museum they have a piece of the Berlin wall there with the words "Change your Life" spray painted on it. I think that is when I finally felt free and alive

• earthtone
    earthtone

I still feel sad, I believed so much and feel like there's a hole inside of me sometimes. This site helps out alot.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Yes! Like I woke up from a coma. Friends, food, vacations, all are tastier now!

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

My mom's elder husband told us that those who leave the organization happy are drunk with rebellion and will one day sober up and will have no choice but to see the error of their ways. My brother told him to stop talking out of his ass and then held up his glass of milk and said cheers.

• Kaput
    Kaput
    My mom's elder husband told us that those who leave the organization happy are drunk with rebellion and will one day sober up and will have no choice but to see the error of their ways.

Yeah, I sobered up after leaving the borg and saw the error of my ways....I shoulda left sooner.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit