Sex before marriege? forbidden, nah :)

by pallemar 14 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

A couple of scriptures. Compare the gravity of the perceived wrongdoing :

(Deuteronomy 22:28-29) 28

"In case a man finds a girl, a virgin who has not been engaged, and he actually seizes her and lies down with her, and they have been found out, 29 the man who lay down with her must also give the girl’s father fifty silver shekels, and she will become his wife due to the fact that he humiliated her. He will not be allowed to divorce her all his days.

1 Corinthians 5:9-13) . . .In my letter I wrote YOU to quit mixing in company with fornicators, 10

not [meaning] entirely with the fornicators of this world or the greedy persons and extortioners or idolaters. Otherwise, YOU would actually have to get out of the world. 11 But now I am writing YOU to quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man. 12 For what do I have to do with judging those outside? Do YOU not judge those inside, 13 while God judges those outside? "Remove the wicked [man] from among yourselve. . .

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

You should never try on clothing or a pair of shoes before buying them. Always sign a lease on a rental property before you inspect it. Never take a test drive before buying a car.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

I like what was said, about intercourse started the marriage.. The point being, did 'fornication' mean the same thing then as now? It came from harlotry..which could mean illicit sex. In those days, when the couple got engaged, they were the same as married. So, again, would the couple be in the wrong if they had intercourse before marriage, if they were engaged? What about petting?

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

Mary conceived after her betrothal but prior to her marriage to Joseph.

I'd say that was premartial.

• kimoko
    kimoko

Any sex before marriage = big no no :)

But on the whole gift thing Freewill is a gift God gave us if we saw it in that light surely any time we were controlled by someone (and i think we all have atleast once in our lives) surely that is compromising freewill which means maybe you are like throwin that gift in his face too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit