OK, Let's think this out

by purplesofa 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Interesting theory of group think writ large, or life imitating literature. A book is written and men spend the next couple thousand years acting it out, sounds like an excellent premise for a novel.

Now, all we need is for someone to write a new book with a much happier ending.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Now, if we believe that there is and has always been wars and hunger and disease........then there is nothing different about the past, present or what will happen in the future.

But how we look at this and what we do with this is information can be different.

Interesting thoughts. And all true.

"The best way to predict the future is to create it" - The Well Manicured Man, The X Files

Of course, if you believe that something else is running things, well that changes everything,.....:-)

• Morocco
    Morocco

Maybe armageddon has already happened countless times in the past. Maybe armageddon is just the term when the Gods war each other and humans get destroyed, which is then followed by a time of peace between the Gods, maybe the Bible is just an old war flyer floating through time...

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

"

The best way to predict the future is to create it" - The Well Manicured Man, The X Files

One thing........lets predict........

no one will go hungry.........no one will be without food.

The bible says there will be famine........famine is usually caused by drought, flooding, some act of nature.

Maybe I am wrong, .........but if the bible says, there will be droughts, flooding, causing widespread famine, but you will not go hungry.........the planet will grow food......plenty enough to feed its people despite these circumstances.

And the message is told over and over...........Do you think we would still have hungry people?

I am crazy I know.......

but I just don't care right now

purps

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

interesting old post of mine!!!!!!!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I thought this was a current post till looking at the dates. Interesting. I shall return later and read what was stated here. Thanx for bttt'ing it.

Jeff

• *summer*
    *summer*

After watching movies like "An Inconvenient Truth" and "The 11th Hour", I see mankind creating its own Armageddon.

At the end of "The 11th Hour" an old Indian says that basically, mankind is slowly but surely heading toward extinction. But planet earth will never be destroyed....it is very strong and resilient. With time, it will heal itself. With time, life will re-appear. It will be an entire new cycle.

His words gave me goose bumps! He was not quoting from the Bible or anything! But his words made me think that yes, in a way we are living Armageddon right now...

*summer*

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Reason we cant do that is there are too many psychological languages to cooperate effectively as well as one giant heap of historical agendas to settle by people whose psychological language has all the letters of revenge in its alphabet.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

glad this thread got resurrected...i was only lurking last year when you posted this leslie...this is the kind of mental gymnastics and discussion I like to see here...

purps...what is your current feeling on what you wrote over a year ago? Same, different, evolving?

I will comment more later, marking this for reference....gotta go to work...

Snakes ()

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

So purps - do you think any differently now? Have your views refined/modified?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit