OK, Let's think this out

by purplesofa 38 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Let's say.......There is no God, the bible is not inspired by God.......

but

what is written is being played out.

Is what is written being played out?

Why don't we change the future?

If we truely believe we are free moral agents .....why don't we write our own future.....change it......rescript ourselves?

purps

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

What future do you speak of?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

the future that is written in the bible.

Armegeddon....

Is the suggestions in the bible about the future .......in peoples minds and programmed as such?

• JimWood
    JimWood

Very interesting concept. You need to read God's Debris by Scott Adams Its free at this link: http://dilbertblog.typepad.com/the_dilbert_blog/2005/11/free_ebook_of_g.html Well worth the read. Yes it is written by the guy that writes Dilbert.

• Carmel
    Carmel

You might consider that the whole notion of "armegeddon" has more interpretations than that itterated by the Watchtower and other fundamentalist Christing groups. That said, I beleive is over and most of the world missed it!

Stuffing for your corncob pipe!

carmel

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

You're saying we should write ourselves new self-fulfilling prophecy?

You go first.

j

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Thanks JimWood

The logical puzzle of a religion is to explain how it is possible for people to be able to do something that God does not want to happen.

from the site......

makes ya think,

purps

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    You're saying we should write ourselves new self-fulfilling prophecy?

Smiling James!

I can't help but think, or wonder.........if we as a society have read this book and accepted it as truth. Then we must all feel we are part of it and play our part to make it all happen in some way.

This has bothered me for a long time. I think the bible eventually gets to where we all want to be, but why all the BS inbetween?

Or........like I just saw on History Channel........Exodus decoded. I think Natural things happened that people use God as an excuse for.......like many have said that New Orleans has been hit by Katrina for the sins that go on there.

Now, if we believe that there is and has always been wars and hunger and disease........then there is nothing different about the past, present or what will happen in the future.

But how we look at this and what we do with this is information can be different.

So maybe we cannot change anything that happens ......lets say in nature......but how we interpret it ......(just an example)

purps

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

OK, I just do not believe in all the hocus pocus anymore

the superstition

its very sobering and exciting at the same time

as you feel your own power within

I can't explain it.

purps

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Who is not affected by Christianity in some way or GOD.

So the mass thinking of the world is to look towards a GOD.

From my perspective, Chrisitianity is the religion most spread about.

So that thinking and mindset is prevelant in most of mankind.

What if there was another script(the bible) written to go by. I think we all agree in the basic

moral ways to live. But how many people are trapped in a religion?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit