What's your present belief ?

by JH 47 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Without attacking anyone for their beliefs, feel free to state what you believe in right now.

Personally, I still believe in a higher power, a creator, call him Jehovah if you wish, a God that will put things back right eventually.

• grey matters
    grey matters

Concentrate on displaying the fruitages of the spirit (without the Watchtower dogma). See where things go from there.

• Purza
    Purza

Living my life to the fullest every day. Not worrying about whether I am making an unseen creator happy. Not worrying about whether or not there is an afterlife.

Purza

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

My belief is in all things good.

As I stated in a prior thread, my best friend's cat is dying of cancer. He only has maybe a day to two before she has to put him down. It has been very emotional. My friend is catholic, so I went on line to look up the patron saint of animals and found St. Francis of Assisi. I found the prayer for sick animals and sent her a card. But I was thinking I wanted to get her something as well, so I went over to St. Peter's on Madison St. I bought her a pendant and the woman I purchased it from told me to have the priest bless it. So I went up the stairs and felt like a nut roaming the halls looking for the priest. A man who looked like a monk stopped me and asked if he could help me. I explained what was happening my my GF's cat and he said he would be more then happy to bless the pendant. And then he did the most wonderfully merciful thing .... he asked for my GF's name and the cat's name. Then he said a prayer for both the cat and for my GF. All I kept thinking was HOW KIND. As JWs we were taught to not morn over the loss of anything as if it disloyal to God. I may not like every aspect of the Catholic religion, but I loved the fact that this time took the time out to recognize the possible loss of a special creature.

So like I said, I believe in all things good, kind, gentle, loving, understanding, thoughtful, etc ... ALL THINGS GOOD!

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Grey Matters, don't you remember that there is only one fruitage, and many fruits, lol. Perhaps you were never corrected about that over and over again and once from the platform. . .

I won't believe in a god or a jesus, or have a bible in my home for a very long time. I am a god-hater for now.

• sspo
    sspo

I wish I knew.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Live and Let Live.

-Aude.

• earthtone
    earthtone

Just trying to be a good person by following the golden rule. Do unto others as you shall have them do unto you. It's simple but I think it works.

• grey matters
    grey matters

PS - yeah, I don't remember that. I must have dozed off during that one... Oh well.

I understand where you're coming from. But I don't want to "throw the baby out with the bath water" so to speak. I've talked with other people and gotten other views of why Jesus came, what is the nature of God, etc. They are much more reasonable views than the dogma from the WTS. I don't want to close any doors just yet. I don't think I'll ever feel comfortable in an organized religion at this point, though.

• grey matters
    grey matters

Earthtone - I agree with you that sprituality doesn't have to be complicated. My wife said something to me awhile ago when we were out for a walk that made sense . She said "look, you're making it too hard. You're looking for some bolt of lightning to shoot out of the sky and show you which direction to go. It's not gonna happen that way. It's more subtle. It's watching a flock of geese on a beautiful day. Or listening to a robin sing. It's appreciation for the simple things". That gave me a different perspective.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit