What do you remember better – baptism or ‘un-baptism’

by JimWood 4 Replies latest jw friends

• JimWood
    JimWood

I don’t remember the exact date of my baptism, it was in the spring – the first assembly held at the Henrietta Assembly Hall (Rochester, NY). I don’t remember much about that weekend. I do, however, remember the exact day and time that my wife and I left. Thursday March 24th 2005, 6:48 p.m. My wife had just dropped the kids (3) off at her mom’s Hall to spend the night. She sped home to intercept me before I could leave for our Hall. See met me on our road, windows rolled down, “I’m losing my religion.” Is all she said. Needless to say I turned around, changed and we went to Barns and Noble to riffle through their religious section. Of course the start was a few months before when we found the Guardian article about the UN. This day and time was the mental changing point, our 'un-baptism', the start of our new life with out the mental over shadowing of an intrusive organization. Our ‘official’ end will be soon. I will post our letters as well as details as things proceed.

• serendipity
    serendipity

My 'unbaptism' has been so gradual, so I have to say I remember my baptism better. Earlier this year though, I found myself humming "Losing my religion" for a week. Maybe that was a turning point for me too?

• earthtone
    earthtone

I remember my baptism, it was May18, 1996. I started to doubt in 2003, but keep going thinking it was because I was inactive that I was questioning my belief. That I had lost my relationship with Jehovah. But July 23. 06, after attending the district Convention and hearing them talk about independant thinking (alarms ringing) and How Jehovah loves the elderly (still waiting on D-day), I was kinda disguisted. I didn't feel it anymore, so I got on the internet and here I am. HOME, SWEET HOME!

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I don't remember the exact day that was my last, but at the end of this month it will be 6 years since I've been to a Kingdom Hall meeting. A fact that I am proud of.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I remember the date I handed in my da letter - it was only last year, on November 1st.

I'd rather forget my baptism date.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit