Everyone has a song

by Wordly Andre 41 Replies latest jw friends

• grey matters
    grey matters

Hey Saki, welcome back!

Songs that come to mind for me are R.E.M. - Losing My Religion

Also Natilie Imbruglia - Torn (about the end of a relationship, but still some of the lyrics seemed appropriate - "I'm all out of faith, this is how I feel / Illusion never turned into something real")

Let It Be is a good one though Andre. Sometimes I feel the need to take a deep breath, listen to that song, and let it all go for awhile.

• JH
    JH

Losing my religion

• earthtone
    earthtone

Oooh I love torn!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I hope you dance by Lee Ann Womack.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Worldy Andrey, that reminded me of when I was playing 'I am the Walrus' and my mother burst into my room and confiscated my LP saying 'that music is demon influenced'.

Which has just reminded me of when I was learning the piano as a kid, my father hit me for playing a practice song. That song was 'jingle bells'.

Happy times!

steve

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I ran away from home when I was 11 and Happy Together was on the radio coming out of the houses I walked past. There was another kid's bike in front of his house, I almost stole it but thought better than to make that poor kid feel bad about losing his bike.

"How Can I Tell You?" by Cat Stevens, from head to foot a shock shoots through me and makes my hair stand on end. First love gone forever and unreclaimable youth.

If you want to hear it for yourself, I uploaded an mp3 on Putfile: http://media.putfile.com/How-Can-I-Tell-You-76

Finally, "Long Time Gone" by Crosby Stills and Nash just makes me feel alive like few other sensations.

W.Once

• earthtone
    earthtone

Good song W.A.E.!

• snarf
    snarf

I'm moving on by Rascall Flatts

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

"I'm back in the saddle again" - Aerosmith

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I have a few...

The last day of my first job, I bumped The Ohio Players' "Time Slips Away." I can just remember watching the place as I drove away...

To this day, I can't listen to Stevie Wonder's "For Once in My Life" while driving. During the high point in his harmonica solo (around 2:02), I was clipped by a truck. Brings back too many emotions.

Other times when I'm just sitting at my computer, I'll connect certain songs with certain times in my life. I can remember driving and listening to particular albums, because they were on heavy repeat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit