by plmkrzy 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I read somewhere that the numbers 7, 10, and 11 were supposed to be GOOD numbers. I'm the 7th daughter, born in the 11th month, and the 10th child. I should be a millionaire, or sh*tting gold bricks, or be invincible. Notta darn thing! If anything, I'm sickly. So much for numbers!

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Dubs lap it up, yet mention 'Numerology' and that's just "Demonic''. Another thing that confused me!

Exactly! I just don't get it. Never did.

Jehovah is the great mathematician. So when jws obsess over numbers as they dooo, it can be excused I guess as just being more concerned with “math” and how things add up rather then numerology.

5 was the number they told us in real estate school to go for on the state exam if we didn't know the answer. The odds would be in favor of 5 being the correct answer.

plm

• parakeet
    parakeet

I love all numbers, except for 4,813. Every time I see 4,813, I go berserk. Hey, it makes just as much sense as anything the WTS dreams up.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I like 9..It`s the last single diget number..9 is one of a kind..There will never be another 9..There is only one 9..Be kind to your 9..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

7 appears to have been sacred in many cultures because of its astronomical significance. From very early times they recognized 7 astral bodies. The sun, moon and the 5 visible planets.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

obsessive? Maybe just a bit. I scanned seven just to see what would come up.

The number 7

Genesis 2:3And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy

Genesis 8:4and on the seventeenth day of the seventh month the ark came to rest on the mountains of Ararat.

Genesis 41:53The seven years of abundance in Egypt came to an end,

Genesis 41:54and the seven years of famine began, just as Joseph had said. There was famine in all the other lands, but in the whole land of Egypt there was food.

Genesis 46:25These were the sons born to Jacob by Bilhah, whom Laban had given to his daughter Rachel—seven in all.

Exodus 1:5The descendants of Jacob numbered seventy in all; Joseph was already in Egypt.

Genesis 47:28Jacob lived in Egypt seventeen years, and the years of his life were a hundred and forty-seven.

Exodus 2:16Now a priest of Midian had seven daughters, and they came to draw water and fill the troughs to water their father's flock.

Exodus 7:25[ The Plague of Frogs ] Seven days passed after the LORD struck the Nile.

Exodus 15:27Then they came to Elim, where there were twelve springs and seventy palm trees, and they camped there near the water.

Exodus 22:30Do the same with your cattle and your sheep. Let them stay with their mothers for seven days, but give them to me on the eighth day.

Exodus 24:9Moses and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and the seventy elders of Israel went up

Exodus 25:37"Then make its seven lamps and set them up on it so that they light the space in front of it.

Exodus 29:30The son who succeeds him as priest and comes to the Tent of Meeting to minister in the Holy Place is to wear them seven days.

Exodus 29:35"Do for Aaron and his sons everything I have commanded you, taking seven days to ordain them.

Leviticus 12:2"Say to the Israelites: 'A woman who becomes pregnant and gives birth to a son will be ceremonially unclean for seven days, just as she is unclean during her monthly period.

Leviticus 15:19" 'When a woman has her regular flow of blood, the impurity of her monthly period will last seven days, and anyone who touches her will be unclean till evening.

Leviticus 15:13" 'When a man is cleansed from his discharge, he is to count off seven days for his ceremonial cleansing; he must wash his clothes and bathe himself with fresh water, and he will be clean.

Leviticus 15:24" 'If a man lies with her and her monthly flow touches him, he will be unclean for seven days; any bed he lies on will be unclean.

Numbers 19:11"Whoever touches the dead body of anyone will be unclean for seven days.

Leviticus 16:29"This is to be a lasting ordinance for you: On the tenth day of the seventh month you must deny yourselves and not do any work—whether native-born or an alien living among you-

Leviticus 22:27"When a calf, a lamb or a goat is born, it is to remain with its mother for seven days. From the eighth day on, it will be acceptable as an offering made to the LORD by fire.

Leviticus 23:8For seven days present an offering made to the LORD by fire. And on the seventh day hold a sacred assembly and do no regular work.' "

Leviticus 23:18Present with this bread seven male lambs, each a year old and without defect, one young bull and two rams. They will be a burnt offering to the LORD, together with their grain offerings and drink offerings—an offering made by fire, an aroma pleasing to the LORD.

Leviticus 23:24"Say to the Israelites: 'On the first day of the seventh month you are to have a day of rest, a sacred assembly commemorated with trumpet blasts.

Leviticus 23:41Celebrate this as a festival to the LORD for seven days each year. This is to be a lasting ordinance for the generations to come; celebrate it in the seventh month.

Leviticus 23:42Live in booths for seven days: All native-born Israelites are to live in booths

Exodus 12:15For seven days you are to eat bread made without yeast. On the first day remove the yeast from your houses, for whoever eats anything with yeast in it from the first day through the seventh must be cut off from Israel.

Exodus 12:16On the first day hold a sacred assembly, and another one on the seventh day. Do no work at all on these days, except to prepare food for everyone to eat—that is all you may do.

Exodus 13:6For seven days eat bread made without yeast and on the seventh day hold a festival to the LORD

Exodus 16:26Six days you are to gather it, but on the seventh day, the Sabbath, there will not be any."

Exodus 16:27Nevertheless, some of the people went out on the seventh day to gather it, but they found none.

To rest every seventh year for the benefit of the poor people ( Exodus 23:11 ) SABBATIC YEAR

1. TABERNACLES, FEAST OF » The law read in connection with, every seventh year ( Deuteronomy 31:10-12; Nehemiah 8:18 )
    2. SEVEN » MISCELLANY OF SEVENS » The Israelites surrounded Jericho seven times, and on the seventh day sounding seven trumpets ( Joshua 6:4 )
    3. SEVEN » MONTHS » Holy convocations in the seventh month ( Leviticus 23:24-44; Numbers 29; Ezekiel 45:25 )
    4. VISION » Of John on the island of Patmos » The seventh seal and the seven angels ( Revelations 8:11 )

Exodus 21:2[ Hebrew Servants ] "If you buy a Hebrew servant, he is to serve you for six years. But in the seventh year, he shall go free, without paying anything.

Genesis 4:15But the LORD said to him, "Not so ; if anyone kills Cain, he will suffer vengeance seven times over." Then the LORD put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him.

Genesis 4:24If Cain is avenged seven times, then Lamech seventy-seven times."

Leviticus 4:6He is to dip his finger into the blood and sprinkle some of it seven times before the LORD, in front of the curtain of the sanctuary.

Leviticus 14:51Then he is to take the cedar wood, the hyssop, the scarlet yarn and the live bird, dip them into the blood of the dead bird and the fresh water, and sprinkle the house seven times.

Leviticus 25:8[ The Year of Jubilee ] " 'Count off seven sabbaths of years—seven times seven years—so that the seven sabbaths of years amount to a period of forty-nine years.

Leviticus 26:24I myself will be hostile toward you and will afflict you for your sins seven times over.

Joshua 6:4Have seven priests carry trumpets of rams' horns in front of the ark. On the seventh day, march around the city seven times, with the priests blowing the trumpets.

1 Kings 18:43"Go and look toward the sea," he told his servant. And he went up and looked. "There is nothing there," he said. Seven times Elijah said, "Go back."

2 Kings 4:35Elisha turned away and walked back and forth in the room and then got on the bed and stretched out upon him once more. The boy sneezed seven times and opened his eyes.

2 Kings 5:10Elisha sent a messenger to say to him, "Go, wash yourself seven times in the Jordan, and your flesh will be restored and you will be cleansed."

Psalm 12:6And the words of the LORD are flawless, like silver refined in a furnace of clay, purified seven times.

Psalm 79:12Pay back into the laps of our neighbors seven times the reproach they have hurled at you, O Lord.

Psalm 119:164Seven times a day I praise you for your righteous laws.

Proverbs 24:16for though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again, but the wicked are brought down by calamity.

Isaiah 30:26The moon will shine like the sun, and the sunlight will be seven times brighter, like the light of seven full days, when the LORD binds up the bruises of his people and heals the wounds he inflicted.

Daniel 4:16Let his mind be changed from that of a man and let him be given the mind of an animal, till seven times pass by for him.

Daniel 9:25"Know and understand this: From the issuing of the decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One, the ruler, comes, there will be seven 'sevens,' and sixty-two 'sevens.' It will be rebuilt with streets and a trench, but in times of trouble.

Matthew 18:21[ The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant ] Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?"

Matthew 18:22Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.

Luke 17:4If he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times comes back to you and says, 'I repent,' forgive him."

Numbers 23:1[ Balaam's First Oracle ] Balaam said, "Build me seven altars here, and prepare seven bulls and seven rams for me."

Joshua 18:2but there were still seven Israelite tribes who had not yet received their inheritance.

Joshua 18:5You are to divide the land into seven parts. Judah is to remain in its territory on the south and the house of Joseph in its territory on the north.

Joshua 19:40[ Allotment for Dan ] The seventh lot came out for the tribe of Dan, clan by clan.

Judges 1:7Then Adoni-Bezek said, "Seventy kings with their thumbs and big toes cut off have picked up scraps under my table. Now God has paid me back for what I did to them." They brought him to Jerusalem, and he died there.

Judges 6:25That same night the LORD said to him, "Take the second bull from your father's herd, the one seven years old. Tear down your father's altar to Baal and cut down the Asherah pole beside it.

Judges 8:30He had seventy sons of his own, for he had many wives.

Judges 9:5He went to his father's home in Ophrah and on one stone murdered his seventy brothers, the sons of Jerub-Baal. But Jotham, the youngest son of Jerub-Baal, escaped by hiding.

Judges 12:14He had forty sons and thirty grandsons, who rode on seventy donkeys.

Judges 16:7Samson answered her, "If anyone ties me with seven fresh thongs that have not been dried, I'll become as weak as any other man."

Judges 16:13 "If you weave the seven braids of my head into the fabric on the loom and tighten it with the pin, I'll become as weak as any other man."

Judges 20:15At once the Benjamites mobilized twenty-six thousand swordsmen from their towns, in addition to seven hundred chosen men from those living in Gibeah.

1 Samuel 6:1[ The Ark Returned to Israel ] When the ark of the LORD had been in Philistine territory seven months,

1 Samuel 6:19But God struck down some of the men of Beth Shemesh, putting seventy of them to death because they had looked into the ark of the LORD.

2 Samuel 12:18On the seventh day the child died.

2 Samuel 24:15So the LORD sent a plague on Israel from that morning until the end of the time designated, and seventy thousand of the people from Dan to Beersheba died.

1 Kings 6:38In the eleventh year in the month of Bul, the eighth month, the temple was finished in all its details according to its specifications. He had spent seven years building it.

1 Kings 7:17A network of interwoven chains festooned the capitals on top of the pillars, seven for each capital.

1 Kings 11:3He had seven hundred wives of royal birth and three hundred concubines, and his wives led him astray.

2 Kings 11:21Joash was seven years old when he began to reign.

2 Kings 12:1[ Joash Repairs the Temple ] In the seventh year of Jehu, Joash became king,

2 Kings 13:1[ Jehoahaz King of Israel ] In the twenty-third year of Joash son of Ahaziah king of Judah, Jehoahaz son of Jehu became king of Israel in Samaria, and he reigned seventeen years.

2 Kings 13:10[ Jehoash King of Israel ] In the thirty-seventh year of Joash king of Judah, Jehoash son of Jehoahaz became king of Israel in Samaria

2 Kings 15:1[ Azariah King of Judah ] In the twenty-seventh year of Jeroboam king of Israel, Azariah son of Amaziah king of Judah began to reign.

2 Kings 16:1[ Ahaz King of Judah ] In the seventeenth year of Pekah son of Remaliah, Ahaz son of Jotham king of Judah began to reign.

2 Kings 18:9In King Hezekiah's fourth year, which was the seventh year of Hoshea son of Elah king of Israel, Shalmaneser king of Assyria marched against Samaria and laid siege to it.

2 Kings 24:16The king of Babylon also deported to Babylon the entire force of seven thousand fighting men, strong and fit for war,

2 Kings 25:17Each pillar was twenty-seven feet high.

2 Kings 25:25In the seventh month, however, Ishmael son of Nethaniah,

2 Kings 25:27[ Jehoiachin Released ] In the thirty-seventh year of the exile of Jehoiachin king of Judah, in the year Evil-Merodach became king of Babylon, he released Jehoiachin from prison on the twenty-seventh day of the twelfth month.

1 Chronicles 2:15the sixth Ozem and the seventh David.

1 Chronicles 3:4These six were born to David in Hebron, where he reigned seven years and six months.

1 Chronicles 3:24The sons of Elioenai: Hodaviah, Eliashib, Pelaiah, Akkub, Johanan, Delaiah and Anani—seven in all.

1 Chronicles 5:13Their relatives, by families, were: Michael, Meshullam, Sheba, Jorai, Jacan, Zia and Eber—seven in all.

1 Chronicles 9:25Their brothers in their villages had to come from time to time and share their duties for seven-day periods.

1 Chronicles 11:23And he struck down an Egyptian who was seven and a half feet tall.

1 Chronicles 12:11Attai the sixth, Eliel the seventh, (Gadite warrior, 7 th of 11 army commanders who came to David at Hebron to turn Saul's kingdom over to him, as the LORD had said:)

1 Chronicles 15:26Because God had helped the Levites who were carrying the ark of the covenant of the LORD, seven bulls and seven rams were sacrificed.

1 Chronicles 21:14So the LORD sent a plague on Israel, and seventy thousand men of Israel fell dead.

1 Chronicles 26:30From the Hebronites: Hashabiah and his relatives—seventeen hundred able men—were responsible in Israel west of the Jordan for all the work of the LORD and for the king's service.

1 Chronicles 26:32Jeriah had twenty-seven hundred relatives,

2 Chronicles 15:11At that time they sacrificed to the LORD seven hundred head of cattle and seven thousand sheep and goats from the plunder they had brought back.

2 Chronicles 23:1In the seventh year Jehoiada showed his strength.

2 Chronicles 29:21They brought seven bulls, seven rams, seven male lambs and seven male goats as a sin offering for the kingdom,

2 Chronicles 36:21The land enjoyed its sabbath rests; all the time of its desolation it rested, until the seventy years were completed in fulfillment of the word of the LORD spoken by Jeremiah.

Ezra 7:14You are sent by the king and his seven advisers to inquire about Judah and Jerusalem with regard to the Law of your God, which is in your hand.

Esther 1:10On the seventh day, when King Xerxes was in high spirits from wine, he commanded the seven eunuchs who served him

Esther 1:14and were closest to the king—Carshena, Shethar, Admatha, Tarshish, Meres, Marsena and Memucan, the seven nobles of Persia and Media who had special access to the king and were highest in the kingdom.

Esther 2:9The girl pleased him and won his favor. Immediately he provided her with her beauty treatments and special food. He assigned to her seven maids

Esther 2:16She was taken to King Xerxes in the royal residence in the tenth month, the month of Tebeth, in the seventh year of his reign.

Job 1:2He had seven sons and three daughters,

Job 42:13And he also had seven sons and three daughters.

Job 1:3and he owned seven thousand sheep,

Job 2:13Then they sat on the ground with him for seven days and seven nights.

Job 5:19From six calamities he will rescue you; in seven no harm will befall you.

Job 42:8So now take seven bulls and seven rams and go to my servant Job and sacrifice a burnt offering for yourselves.

Proverbs 6:16There are six things the LORD hates, seven that are detestable to him:

Proverbs 9:1[ Invitations of Wisdom and of Folly ] Wisdom has built her house; she has hewn out its seven pillars.

Proverbs 26:25Though his speech is charming, do not believe him, for seven abominations fill his heart.

Isaiah 4:1In that day seven women will take hold of one man and say,

Isaiah 11:15The LORD will dry up the gulf of the Egyptian sea; with a scorching wind he will sweep his hand over the Euphrates River. He will break it up into seven streams so that men can cross over in sandals.

Isaiah 23:15At that time Tyre will be forgotten for seventy years, the span of a king's life.

Jeremiah 15:9The mother of seven will grow faint and breathe her last.

Jeremiah 25:1[ Seventy Years of Captivity ]

Jeremiah 34:14'Every seventh year each of you must free any fellow Hebrew who has sold himself to you.

Jeremiah 52:28This is the number of the people Nebuchadnezzar carried into exile: in the seventh year, 3,023 Jews;

Ezekiel 3:15 I sat among them for seven days-overwhelmed.

Ezekiel 8:11In front of them stood seventy elders of the house of Israel,

Ezekiel 39:9For seven years they will use them for fuel.

Ezekiel 39:12" 'For seven months the house of Israel will be burying them in order to cleanse the land.

Ezekiel 40:22Its openings, its portico and its palm tree decorations had the same measurements as those of the gate facing east. Seven steps led up to it, with its portico opposite them.

Daniel 3:19 He ordered the furnace heated seven times hotter than usual

Daniel 9:24"Seventy 'sevens' are decreed for your people and your holy city to finish transgression,

Daniel 9:27He will confirm a covenant with many for one 'seven.' In the middle of the 'seven' he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. (3 and a half years)

Micah 5:5And he will be their peace. [ Deliverance and Destruction ] When the Assyrian invades our land and marches through our fortresses, we will raise against him seven shepherds,

Zechariah 3:9See, the stone I have set in front of Joshua! There are seven eyes on that one stone, and I will engrave an inscription on it,'

Zechariah 4:10"(These seven are the eyes of the LORD, which range throughout the earth.)"

Matthew 12:45Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there.

Matthew 15:34"How many loaves do you have?" Jesus asked. "Seven," they replied,

Matthew 15:37They all ate and were satisfied. Afterward the disciples picked up seven basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over.

Matthew 22:26The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh.

Matthew 22:28Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?"

Mark 16:9[ ((The most reliable early manuscripts and other ancient witnesses do not have Mark 16:9-20.)) ] When Jesus rose early on the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had driven seven demons.

Luke 2:36There was also a prophetess, Anna, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was very old; she had lived with her husband seven years after her marriage,

Luke 10:17The seventy-two returned with joy and said, "Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name."

Luke 11:26Then it goes and takes seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that man is worse than the first."

Luke 24:13[ On the Road to Emmaus ] Now that same day two of them were going to a village called Emmaus, about seven miles from Jerusalem.

John 4:52When he inquired as to the time when his son got better, they said to him, "The fever left him yesterday at the seventh hour."

Acts 6:1[ The Choosing of the Seven ]

Acts 6:3Brothers, choose seven men from among you who are known to be full of the Spirit and wisdom.

Acts 7:14After this, Joseph sent for his father Jacob and his whole family, seventy-five in all.

Acts 13:19he overthrew seven nations in Canaan and gave their land to his people as their inheritance.

Acts 19:14Seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, were doing this.

Acts 21:4Finding the disciples there, we stayed with them seven days.

Romans 11:4And what was God's answer to him? "I have reserved for myself seven thousand who have not bowed the knee to Baal."

Hebrews 11:30By faith the walls of Jericho fell, after the people had marched around them for seven days.

Jude 1 (New International Version)

14 Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men: (the end times)

"See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones 15 to judge everyone, and to convict all the ungodly of all the ungodly acts they have done in the ungodly way, and of all the harsh words ungodly sinners have spoken against him." 16 These men are grumblers and faultfinders; they follow their own evil desires; they boast about themselves and flatter others for their own advantage.

Revelation 1:4[ Greetings and doxology ] John, To the seven churches in the province of Asia:

Revelation 1:5Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits before his throne, and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth.

Revelation 1:12I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands,

Revelation 1:16In his right hand he held seven stars,

Revelation 1:20The mystery of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand and of the seven golden lampstands is this: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands are the seven churches.

Revelation 3:1[ To the Church in Sardis ] "To the angel of the church in Sardis write:These are the words of him who holds the seven spirits of God and the seven stars. I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead.

Revelation 5:1[ The Scroll and the Lamb ] Then I saw in the right hand of him who sat on the throne a scroll with writing on both sides and sealed with seven seals.

Revelation 5:6 He had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

Revelation 8:1[ The Seventh Seal and the Golden Censer ] When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.

Revelation 10:4And when the seven thunders spoke, I was about to write; but I heard a voice from heaven say, "Seal up what the seven thunders have said and do not write it down."

Revelation 10:7But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished,

Revelation 11:13At that very hour there was a severe earthquake and a tenth of the city collapsed. Seven thousand people were killed in the earthquake,

Revelation 12:3Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on his heads.

Revelation 17:11The beast who once was, and now is not, is an eighth king. He belongs to the seven and is going to his destruction.

Seven wasn't always blessed but it sure does mean something in the bible.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Whew plmkrzy.....and then there's The Magnificent 7, The 7 Dwarves and The Seven Deadly Sins.

We haven't had a thread on the "Golden Ratio" for a long time
    Oh - could you start one? Phi is my personal favourite
  • lawrence
    lawrence

7 or 11, baby needs a new pair of shoes! Russell shot craps in Crooklyn.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

281apple

my vote is 4 #69

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Oohh 69 is a lovely number. It got rotational symmetry baby!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit