Can you be DF'd for apostasy without promoting apostate views?

by gymbob 23 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Did you note the rec ' that you brother's should not be going on 'witch hunts' ' ? What a flap! That is what they do all the time.

The Salem witch trials were nothing compared to the torture chambers of the 'Truth' upholders. Scary how little power it takes to corrupt the human spirit.

Jeff

• gumby
    gumby

I didn't have time to read this whole thread but here is a quote from a thread I did on this. It's taken from the "flock" book and describes their viewpoint of apostacy.

For those unfamiliar with the societys veiws on what apostasy is, this is from the Elder Manuel under

..."Elders Ruling for Justice itself".

Apostasy.

Apostasy is a standing away from, a falling away, defec-

tion, rebellion, abandonment; it involves teaching false

doctrines, supporting or promoting false religion and its

holidays or interfaith activities. (Deut. 13:13, 15; Josh.

22:22, ftn.; Acts 21:21, ftn.; 2 Cor. 6:14, 15, 17, 18;

2. John 7, 9, 10; Rev. 18:4)

Those with sincere doubts should be helped, dealt with

mercifully. (Jude 22, 23; w82 9/1 pp. 20-1;w80 8/1

pp. 21-2)

Apostasy includes action taken against true worship of

Jehovah or his established order among his dedicated

people. (Jer. 17:13; 23:15; 28:15, 16; 2 Thess. 2:9, 10)

Persons who deliberately spread (stubbornly hold to and

speak about) teachings contrary to Bible truth as taught

by Jehovah's Witnesses are apostates.

If it is learned that a person has taken up association with

another religious organization, the matter should be inves-

tigated, and if verified, a committee should be formed.

If it is clearly established that the person has joined

another religion and intends to remain with it, the

"Pay Attention to Yourselves and to All the Flock"

elders would make a brief announcement to the congre-

gation that such- one has disassociated himself. (w86

10/15 p. 31 )

Working secularly for a false religious organization could

put one in a position similar to that of one preaching false

doctrine. (2 Cor. 6:14-16)

Celebrating a false religious holiday would be similar to

performing any other act of false worship. (Jer. 7:16-19)

The Bible condemns the following:

Causing divisions and promoting sects.

This would be deliberate action disrupting the unity

of the congregation or undermining the confidence

of the brothers in Jehovah's arrangement.

It may involve or lead to apostasy. (Rom. 16:

17, 18; Titus 3:10, 11 )

Gumby

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Here ya go VM44...I'll repost my letter here and hopefully someone from my congregation, who is being naughty, will see it and inform the elders of my diversive activities.

LET OTHERS MAKE THEIR OWN DECISIONS (Stevens Point Journal, 6/20/06)

Oh my! Oh my! Such a hoopla over a book and a movie. Of course I’m speaking of the “Da Vinci Code” by Dan Brown. I don’t know about the majority of readers of this fine newspaper, but I prefer to be able to make decisions on my own, using my own personal conscience and moral parameters, without being ordered by a church to “boycott” any type of book, movie or other various types of entertainment.

I was a member of a cult for over forty years, which had the authority over its members to tell them what they could watch, wear, what organizations they could or could not belong to and who they could be friends with. They made decisions for you on how much education you could get, what kind of work you could do, what types of celebrations you could participate in, what medical choices you could make and even where you should sit in their “Kingdom Halls”.

Though they claimed to leave such matters up to your conscience, if you did other than what they told you to do, you were either severely disciplined and reproved, or totally banished from the organization. Then the shunning would begin, because you didn’t agree with a teaching or “law” of the “church”. Human rights went out the back door, the same one I walked out of five years ago.

As I read some open letters pertaining to this movie and book, I have flashbacks of what life was like being told how to live your life and not being able to use your own conscience to decide right from wrong. I say: “Get a grip”! The “Da Vinci Code” is pure fiction mixed with a few facts here and there, and if anyone wants to believe parts of it that seems farfetched, then let them. Let them decide what to believe or not believe. Don’t demean people by taking away their freedom of life, liberty and the pursuit of entertainment.

I will never again let another person or religion make my decisions for me. I will continue to live my life responsibly and with integrity and love for my fellow travelers in this world.

Cathy L.

I

• gymbob
    gymbob

Hadenuf~

Great letter! I liked the movie too! :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit