Artificial Insemination

by noontide 22 Replies latest jw friends

• barry
    barry

I had a sperm count to see if I am fertile. The count was 110,000,000 per ml. The average is only 20,000,000 per ml.

Actually after that reading Im a little bit carefull when I sit next to a women [besides my wife]. They might jump.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I don't think this quote has been put up yet:

”A case of human artificial insemination was recorded as long ago as 1799. But in recent years this has come to be more widely practiced. According to The New York Times, a woman who is artificially inseminated and bears a child for another woman, as a substitute for her, is called a surrogate mother. The infertile wife and her husband agree to this arrangement, and when the surrogate mother gives birth the baby is adopted by the couple. The sperm in this case could be from the husband of the couple or from another donor. Although such an arrangement may be approved by many in the world, the Christian rightfully asks whether it is in harmony with God’s laws. The Bible, at Leviticus 18:20, is clear on this point when it says: “You must not give your emission as semen to the wife of your associate to become unclean by it.” Artificial insemination of a woman by a donor other than her legal husband, makes her guilty of adultery, a sin against God. (Deuteronomy 5:18) The sperm donor and the surrogate woman have not been yoked together by God in matrimony.—Matthew 19:4-6.” (Watchtower 1984 8/15 p 26)
  • anewme
    anewme

My SIL is currently involved in a surrogacy project. She cannot carry her own children due to severe injuries sustained in childhood. (Scar tissue etc)
    So she and her husband have contracted with a very nice married woman (who already has 3 of her own) to carry two babies for them.
    The surrogate woman is very smart, witty and full of heart. She has created a blog for all of us to look at daily and keep up with the progress.
    If all goes well the result will be two babies born and delivered into the arms of my SIL who has been longing for a child for years.

I understand the scriptural limitations for witnesses, but for others surrogacy is a wonderful thing.

Anewme

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit