The Dub is dead. Surprise!

by target 20 Replies latest jw friends

• target
    target

Several times I saw John Edward asked about people who died who did not believe in an after life. His answer:"Have you ever been to a surprise party?........"

I know some here believe in an after life, some don't. I do not want to debate that. I just find it interesting when a Dub I know dies, and IF there is an after life, what a surprise!

Many years ago when I had a scare with breast cancer, a dub said to me that I should not be concerned because after all, we have the resurrection hope. Well, Sunday he had a fatal heart attack. I immediately pictured him on the other side, eyes blinking, saying WTH??

I remember when I first moved to the congregation he was in. It was mid 1974 and the enthusiasm was high for the big A, what with 1975 right around the corner. Here we are, 32 years later. No big A and he is dead. Bummer.

Target

• earthtone
    earthtone

Well, his family probably just thinks they will see him in the "new system". Now wouldn't it be funny if he was in Heaven looking down at his family waving his arms and yelling "Don't believe the hype". hehe

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Sometimes I wonder what a Jdub would think if sent to Hell.

"There must be some mistake, this place does not exist."

Head Demon: "Don't it?"

"NO - that is what the WT told us."

"Jump into that vat of molten lead. NOW"

"But I did what I was told was right!"

"YEAH? How many times did Jesus send an Apostate to try and persuade you? How many times did you block yours ears and curse them? You never once in your life did what you wanted or ought to have done."

Imagine an elderly virgin spinster of the annointed being gang raped by fiends. Horrible. Yet they have no more pity for the children who are going to die with their eyes and tongues rotting in their heads as they scream for their Mom.

HB

• mama1119
    mama1119

Ive thought about this. I beththey wish they could warn their fellow dubs. Maybe they try to but the stubborn little dubs won't listen.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    Now wouldn't it be funny if he was in Heaven looking down at his family waving his arms and yelling "Don't believe the hype". hehe

If that is happening wouldn't that prove that it doesn't matter what you believe because you will end up with the same reward?

• chuckie77
    chuckie77

I quite often wonder what happens when you die, now that I dont believe the forever and ever thing anymore. To tell the truth, I probably would have just wanted the 1000 years of life. After that I imagine I would have had enough of living on an earth with only dubs on it!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

You know, my mom died in jan of 04 and if anyone could find a way to contact us after death it would be her. Since she hasn't, it confirms for me that show's over at death.

W.Once

• target
    target

W.Once

Just because your Mom has not contacted you, doesn't mean she won't. It was five years after my Mom's death that she made unmistakable contact. She had named me Merry at birth and then a few days later my father insisted on changing it. When I was wondering about life after death, I said to myself, if my mother ever contacted me, the only way I would believe it was if she called me Merry. Well, there was this little psychic shop opening and they were running half price readings so I thought, what the heck. Before I was even seated, the medium asked "Who is Merry?" My mother went on to explain some things that took place during her life that now had a profound affect on me. No way could that medium have known the things she told me.

John Edward was very close to his Mom and he said it was ten years before she made contact.

Since then I have been contacted by some that I would not expect to hear from and not others that I would expect to hear from have not come arround. Yet.

Since leaving the Borg, I have learned to be open minded about a lot of things, including this. I judge by my own experiences, not by what others say is or isn't.

You might try asking her to give you a particular sign.

Target

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    I have learned to be open minded about a lot of things, including this. I judge by my own experiences, not by what others say is or isn't.

I couldn't have said it better..... my experiences have been similar to yours... enough said (at least for me)

• earthtone
    earthtone

Wow, target. I would be so freaked out if that happened to me. I would be scared demons would try to contact me also.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit