How to Get Free Books, CDs and Movies from Focus on the Family(anti-gay)...

by Princess 20 Replies latest jw friends

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR
    The problem is, Princess, is that regardless of how repugnant I think an idea or group is, there is something called the First Amendment that protects their right to make that sort of speech. I know that this concept is foreign to most Americans with a a diploma from American public schools, but it is the fact, and it is what makes America unique among the world.

uhhhhhhhhh

ummmmmmm

isn't the writer of the article expressing their freedom of speech? I'm embarrassed to have to point out something so obvious.

Well, then you I'm sure you'll really be embarrassed when I point out that freedom of speech ends where fraud begins. This "article" is advocating the defrauding of an organization simply because the organization doesn't toe the line when it comes to gay marriage.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    This "article" is advocating the defrauding

if somebody offers something for free, then how are they being defrauded when people take advantage of their offer? And who knows, maybe some of those bad ol' homos will come to Jebus as a result of their inability to resist taking a peek at the propaganda

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Focus is a huge presence in Colorado Springs. People either love them or hate them. A popular bumper sticker locally says "Focus on your OWN damn family!" Presently, they are engaged in a pissing contest with local gay groups over whether people are born gay, or "choose perversion." There are banners downtown on Tejon Street with a puppy who says "Moo" and was born different. Focus countered by running their own newspaper ads with Norman, a puppy who is born "normal." The city is really burned out on Focus and the whole thing is really back firing. Letters to the newspaper pretty much say, who cares, leave people alone to live their lives if they're not bothering anybody.

I think their harping is turning people off, and they come off looking really mean. Maybe they'll be broke soon, they're always in a financial crisis and did some major cutbacks recently for cash crunch reasons.

Believe it or not, tourists actually come to Colorado to visit the Focus headquarters.....hmmm, compare to BethHell?

• okie46
    okie46

Hey Virgochik, I used to live in the Springs and loved Tejon street. And yes Focus on the family is big business there.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Believe it or not, tourists actually come to Colorado to visit the Focus headquarters.....hmmm, compare to BethHell?

Isn't it really similar to Bethel? They have a dress code for visitors. I looked at their website a few years ago and was struck by how similar they are to JW's.

I used to really like James Dobson, even when I was a JW. I thought his child rearing philosophies were right on.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude
    Yes Mega, I'm anti-anti-gay.

Is that all? I was all set to hear tawdry tales of a hot lesbian athlete.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

XJW4EVR:

there is something called the First Amendment that protects their right to make that sort of speech

And if the government was restricting or interfering with that speech, it would be relevant. Don't you understand what the Bill of Rights is about?

Personally, I have no problem with sabotaging a hate campaign, especially when it's just a matter of legally taking advantage of a poorly thought out system. I'll see if they deliver to Ireland, otherwise I'll just make up a fake US address or ten.

• Princess
    Princess
    Is that all? I was all set to hear tawdry tales of a hot lesbian athlete.

tsk tsk tsk. Overactive imagination.

Actually, I saw many hot (well, sweaty anyway) lesbian athletes at the Danskin Triathlon last Sunday. ~sigh~ no tawdry tales though.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

To heck with anybody who doesn't like it, I'm anti-religious and against gay bashing. My 19 CD set of Narnia is on the way!

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Princess ! Good fer you ! I will most certainly cost this Fundy Focus group some $$$. Thanks for the idea & instructions.

Here are some ideas I've been participating in for a while. They are not earth shattering, world-changing events...they simply make 'me' feel a little better ! (It's all about -- me, right ?)

OK, ya' know all those Business Reply Prepaid postage envelopes you get with the junk mail ? Let them know just how much you appreciate getting their junk mail ! I send it back to them for 'free', along with as much other crap mail I can possibly stuff in their envelopes. Some of these get pretty heavy and they pay a premium price already. Sometimes, I will include a nice note like: Could you toss this in the trash for me ? Or, I just can't use this, please give it to someone else ?

It only takes a second.

You can sign up for "Free Samples" of cigarettes, too ! These guys have LOADS of money for advertising now that they can't use TV. I put the tobacco in water and make a tea...which I spray on bad insects...there are highly poisonous nerve toxins in that juice that kill 'em quickly !

And, "toll free #'s ? They are free to you, but, not to the people receiving them. Each call is a charge to them. They DO get your phone # from the Telephone co., but, the most they can do is block you. So, have fun with the "Re-dial" button !

Fraud ? Geez, XJW4EVR, read a dictionary once in a while. It's just a funny way to pass the time and cost bigots a few bucks...a laugh a minute.

Why da' ya' think the WT doesn't have a 'toll-free' # ? Or, do they...?

Rabbit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit