WERE VIRUSES TAKEN ONBOARD NOAH'S ARK?

by badboy 13 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

DOES WT HAVE ANY IDEAS?

• james_woods
    james_woods

No, the laptop computer, Romanian hackers, and McAfee antiviral software had not yet been invented.

Man also had only one language, Cobol. This was later corrupted into C++,Java,Smalltalk,APL, etc..just to confuse mankind. These gave rise to virus for the first time as the primitave Cobol could not achieve sufficient self-references.

• Finally-Free
  • badboy
    badboy

WHAT A WIT YOU ARE!

• VM44
    VM44

Viruses were unknown back when the story was written and so are outside the bounds of the story of Noah and the ark.

All sorts of things would have had to be brought into the ark for survival, for instance, fresh water fish would have had to be taken aboard in order for them to survive.

One wonders why the earth had be be covered with water, but I have a thought that it is similiar to the concept of "water baptism", the word was evil, then it was completely immersed in water, cleansing it of the evil people who resided on it, and then emerging from the waters new and fresh.

The Flood was the World being water baptised!

--VM44

• james_woods
    james_woods

So... The Flood was the World being water baptised!

I guess it missed a spot or two, kind of like an "Achilles heel"? We don't seem to be all that much better off now, what with needing a baptism of fire and brimstone. Yes, I know you were kidding...but,

On the off chance that badboy wanted some serious content here, there was another recent thread on "Why did Adam and Eve have an immune system" that takes up this type of question, too. The JW position of absolute veganism and passivity amoung creatures before the flood is far more ridiculous even than literal 7 24hour creative days. It just cannot explain such things as virus, poisonous species, etc. without resorting to miraculous absurdities.

What this kind of reasoning does is to expose the ridiculous fallacy of taking these kind of myths (including Adam and Eve) in a preset and absolute literal sense. The WT actually goes far beyond the simple statements of Genesis in their tortured explanations

• lost_light06
    lost_light06

I just checked the illustration in My Book of Bible Stories and you can definately tell Noah has a runny nose.

• jstalin
    jstalin

Of course! If the ark had room for all 1,200,000 species of invertebrates and all 58,000 species of vertebrates, obivously there was room for a couple viruses, in addition to all 5 million species of bacteria, 1.5 million species of fungi, and all 287,000 species of plants. No biggie! It's all 100% feasible!

• Arthur
    Arthur
    All sorts of things would have had to be brought into the ark for survival, for instance, fresh water fish would have had to be taken aboard in order for them to survive.

Yes, as well as salt water life. The flood as described in Genesis would have caused a massive desalinization of the earth's oceans; thereby killing off most of the salt water life (especially plankton, microbes, coral, sponges, and jellyfish).

Maybe Noah had a giant aquarium on board the ark like they have at Sea World.

• Warlock
    Warlock

No. They all died in the flood. Ha,ha.

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit