Requesting Experiences...

by LtCmd.Lore 9 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

I just thought it would be nice to have a documented case of someone OTHER than a JW having been 'protected' from rape, carjacking, murder or mugging in an unusual way (IE. Praying, preaching or screaming 'O MY GOD' and the guy stops and apologizes.)

The idea is that I can the relate the experience to a witness,

Me:"Hey did you hear the experience about _____ being protected from _________You know that had to be holy spirit huh?"

JW:"Oh my yeah... praise Jehovah..."

Me:"Well guess what! It was a Catholic! (Or whatever.)"

The thing is, I'm sick of all these experiences where something good happens to a witness and it simply must be Jehovah.

So if you know of any, prefferably ones that can be proven to a relative extent, I'd like to hear them.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

they would just say it was demons trying to trick you

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine
    they would just say it was demons trying to trick you

I know I would get talked to about this at the hall but, same thought.

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

after my exodus from the BORG collective, I discovered that seemingly miraculous events have followed me about, sometimes very very miraculous like events... and all without prayer to anyone nor asking for anything....they just happen, sometimes with amazing timing... so it occurs to me that atheist and believers have the same sort of experiences, but believers just think someone arranged them while atheists just accept that they dont understand how the universe works enough to explain things that happen like that...

one of my favorite lines---- GOD, well, you know when you close your eyes really tight and wish for something?, he's the one ignoring you (^_^)

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I don't know if this qualifies.....but some things have happened to us a here, one just a few weeks ago. This is from the account of an OLD apostate !

Our electricity went out one morning and we waited for hours for the problem to be fixed. We noticed that the house kitty-corner from us had lights on when it got dark, so hubby called the power company t send someone out.

It seems that the original powers wires from the pole to our house were bent and had broken, thus cutting the power off that morning. There was severely charred wood all around the broken wires, which the guy said was VERY lucky that it didn't "catch" fire, which he was surprised that it hadn't with all he had seen in cases like this.

It had been like that all day and we could have lost the whole house, or even our lives, as I tend to take a lot of naps and wouldn't have known a thing! The old meter they removed was black and the dials were melted.

That was the good news, that we and our home was spared. Even the workmen said "someone" had been watching out for us today!

The bad news was that from the pole out on the road....anything ON the house or property...we are responsible for paying for. The power company is resonsible for the rest. It cost $1,000 to repair and have it all inspected properly, blah-blah-blah....that needed to be paid before the work was started, of course.

Another incident (BEFORE I became one of Jehovah's chosen) was when we were having a bout of summer thunder and lightening storms and I went to fix the kids some grilled cheese sandwiches on my gas stove. Lightening hit the propane tank outside the kitchen, and followed the line in the cellar, and traveled up to the top of the stove where I had JUST removed the griddle.....and BOOM! It made a big bright flash, and ended up melting and bubbling the porcelain on the stove top! Needless to say I never went NEAR any appliance during a storm ever again!

Are only JWs protected and loved by God??????

Nahhhhhhh.....of course not!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I had thought of another incident (rather personal) that I decided not to share.....but changed my mind now . Before I had eve heard of JWs, I was on a (first) date and this one guy who ended up turning down this deserted road (supposedly going to get something from a friend's house); stopped the car and proceeded to attack me.

As hard as I was struggling (and I WAS) against him, he was most definetly winning and I didn't know what to do! Just then, another car pulled in and the headlights were directly on us there in the front seat.....I guess his "mood" was broken and he floored it and drove me home and dumped me in my yard!

The other driver never knew what he interrupted and the horror I was spared.

• Confession
    Confession

Even while an elder I avoided such stories, knowing that these supposed "protections from Jehovah" were happening to other people in other religions. Some people are intrigued by the mystical and, perhaps, need these experiences to help them believe. I tried to challenge my fellow brothers and sisters on this...

"Is this why you believe we have The Truth? Then what do you say to all the Catholics and Protestants who share the same sorts of experiences? If it's Jehovah's intervention when they happen to us, what's the explanation when it happens to them?"

Most tried to avoid this reasoning, actually pretending I hadn't said what I did. Others would suggest, basically, that when JWs told such stories they were true, but when people from other religions told them they were false or misunderstood.

I favored more "logical" explanations as to why it was The Truth. When the logic left, so eventually did I.

• Arthur
    Arthur

There are countless stories of "worldly" people who did not make it to their jobs in the WTC on 9/11. I remember hearing how certain people got sick that morning, or they missed their train, or their child got hurt and had to be taken to the hospital. Many of these stories on the surface did sound somewhat miraculous. However, why didn't God cause the hijackers to get sick or miss their flights?

As I recall, there were several Witnesses who did die in the towers that morning. Hmmmmm.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Thanks Sunspot that's a great experience (Not great... It's acctualy quite a terrible thing but I'm sure you know what I mean.) Thanks for sharing.

I'm sure I could find thousands of experiences if I look hard enough. But now I'm not so sure it's a good idea... I'll save this argument for untill right before I leave.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover
    As I recall, there were several Witnesses who did die in the towers that morning. Hmmmmm.

Exactly. Can you imagine how their families felt when they read the letters that went round after 9/11 about the JWs who were supposedly saved?

My daughter and I were planning to take the subway to the WTC that morning and go to the Statue of Liberty from there. Instead I slept late. Did God make me sleep late? Doubt it - I'm a lazy ass all on my own.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit