Just realized I don't know my mother's birthday!

by Jankyn 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

I was reading another topic (in the Private Forum, so I won't disclose), and I realized that I couldn't send my mother birthday greetings if I wanted to--or if she'd accept them. I don't know when her birthday is! I know it's some time in late August and I know the year.

But we never celebrated birthdays, so I don't know the date. It's weird.

I know my brothers' b-days (b/c we had a sick family tradition of "spanking"--don't get me started!), but this just really struck me weird.

Jankyn, still amazed at the strange stuff that comes up after all these years out of "da Troof."

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I have 4 brothers and sisters, I don't know theirs or my moms birthday.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

it would appear on your birth certificate.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

In the UK parental birthdates don't appear on our birth certs - at least not on mine - only my birthday is on there...

I dont know how old my parents are either - I know roughly to about 5 years but not the dates. I can remember my sisters though.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Hi Crumpet. I started marking in a dayplanner the dates of Birthdays of friends and some relatives who were never Hohos. It's been really delicious, celebrating with people their lives and special days for the first time!

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Same here. I know my mom was born in July 1945 and My dad is 12 years older and was born in September.

I know my sister's birthday as she is only 2 and half years younger. But I don't know when my brothers birthdays are. They are younger than my children.

lisa

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I never know anyones birthday except my daughters, and thats because I distinctly remember squeezing her out of me.

I dont take any responsibility for this, because when you have spent a lifetime not being allowed to take any notice of them how are you supposed to just start remembering them all.

I had to give my partners birthday the other day for some official document, and I just couldnt remember it. I took a wild guess.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Strangely I've always known my parents' birthdays even if they weren't celebrated.

• nelly136
    nelly136

i found out my dads birthdate and age when i went to identify his body, no idea what my mothers is

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I dont know my mothers birthday either. If I did I would not mention it. She is no longer a witness. But was for the first 40 years of my life. I dont celebrate any of the holidays with her. I cant bring myself to. I do celebrate hollidays with my wife and son. This is a sore spot with me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit