Big announcement from the WT in September

by homme perdu 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I really don't see how they can ever again release anything to prove the end is near. They lost too many members when their specifics in 1914, 1925 and 1975 all proved wrong.

When they got rid of the generation teaching in 1995 it showed the GB really have little trust that the end will be here before 2014.

They can not do anything too specific because when it fails the fall away will speed up even more. This really feels like a big marketing campaign that will be based on fluff.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

prove by Merriam Webster's Dictionary

1 archaic : to learn or find out by experience
    2 a : to test the truth, validity, or genuineness of <the exception proves the rule> <prove a will at probate> b : to test the worth or quality of; specifically : to compare against a standard -- sometimes used with up or out c : to check the correctness of (as an arithmetic result)
    3 a : to establish the existence, truth, or validity of (as by evidence or logic) <prove a theorem> <the charges were never proved in court> b : to demonstrate as having a particular quality or worth <the vaccine has been proven effective after years of tests> <proved herself a great actress>
    4 : to show (oneself) to be worthy or capable <eager to prove myself in the new job>
    intransitive verb : to turn out especially after trial or test <the new drug proved effective>

So I say, let them prove it. They have no proof that the end is nigh, because as we all know NO ONE KNOWS THE DAY NOR THE HOUR

They have been making that claim since the religion was formed! Anyways the latest things up for "excitement" for the JWs is their new campaign w/ the tract/brochure (whatever the thing is) and the third revisit of the Revelation book.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Yes, I know. The Watchtower will announce the discontinuation of all field service, the sale of all properties belonging to the incorporated "Society", the liquidation of all their funds and the disbanding of the WTB&TS. Those who've been active members are expected to go into their houses and wait for Armageddon......and wait...and wait....and wait..........while those who've absconded with the WTB&TS liquidated funds ride off into the sunset.

• BookOfJude
    BookOfJude

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this here... Forgive me, I've been lurking a while, but I'm still not sure of the rules... This is from the September Kingdom Ministry (got it via a chain of emails from friends):

Special Campaign October 16-November 12!

1. “The End of False Religion Is Near!” That is the titles of the Kingdom News No. 37, which will be distributed around the world beginning next month. During the first half of October, we will offer the Watchtower and Awake! magazines. Starting Monday, October 16th, through Sunday, November 12, we will engage in an intensive distribution of Kingdom News No. 37. On weekends during the campaign, we will offer it along with the current magazines.
    2. Who Can Share: All who are actively publishing the good news will want to have a full share. Some will be able to auxiliary pioneer. Do you have children or Bible students who are making spiritual progress? Help them to approach the elders to see if they qualify as unbaptized publishers. Elders should take the initiative to speak with inactive publishers in order to encourage them to participate, perhaps, by working along with experienced publishers.
    3. A supply of Kingdom News No.7 is being sent to all congregations so that publisher and pioneers can obtain at least 50 copies. Interested ones who are not yet publishers may receive five copies to distribute to family members and friends. All should keep track of the number they place and note this on the back of their field service reports at the end of October and November. The secretary will tabulate the totals for the congregation and report it to the branch office at the end of each month. Any copies of the Kingdom News that are remaining after the campaign concludes may be used in any feature of the ministry.
    4. What to Say: Keep you presentation brief, as this will allow for a wider distribution of the message. You could say: “As a public service, I am sharing in an earth-wide distribution of this important message. This is your free copy. Please read it.” It may be advantageous not to carry a witnessing case to the doors. Be sure to keep a record of the interest found.
    5. How to Cover Your Territory: Rather then distribution the Kingdom News in the street work, focus on covering as much of your house-to-house and business territory as much as possible. Keep track of not-at-homes, and try to return at a different time or day of the week. Beginning Monday November 6, a copy may be left at not-at-homes. However, if the congregation has more territory than can be covered during the allotted time, the elders may determine that the Kingdom News should be left at not-at-homes during the entire campaign.
    6. The destruction of “Babylon the Great” is fast approaching. People need to get out of her before she is completely destroyed. (Rev. 14:8; 18:8) Make plans now to have a full share in this worldwide campaign to let all know that the end of false religion is near!

Maybe that last bit was what this person meant by "the end"?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Hi Jude, it is great to have you posting.

Here is the key

Do you have children or Bible students who are making spiritual progress? Help them to approach the elders to see if they qualify as unbaptized publishers. Elders should take the initiative to speak with inactive publishers in order to encourage them to participate

Once more it is about trying to increase statistics. Last year they tried to keep the figures looking good by allowing some people to report as little as 15 min per month. This year they are pushing to have as many new publishers as possible. They can only keep propping up the statistics with such methods for so long before it becomes obvious how quickly people are falling away.

And here is the proof, a statement with no scriptural support, expected to be believed because the F&D slave said so.

The destruction of “Babylon the Great” is fast approaching.
  • carla
    carla

It may be advantageous not to carry a witnessing case to the doors.---hmm, and why would that be? People would figure out they were jw's and know it was whacky?

Do they say just how the end of false religion will happen? What is the canned answer for a householder who asks which religions are the false ones? They can hardly be blunt and say all of them but ours!

They are going to possibly (probably) leave them in people's doors? That really annoys me when someone leaves crap in my door. I have acouple signs about no tresspassing, no religious, no soliciting, etc... clear to see. A company just left something in my door I sent it back with a note that I did not find it a brilliant marketing plan to ask for my trust but disrespect my wishes about no tresspassing and no soliciting. How could I trust a company like that?

I think this new hand-out will make them look even nuttier than usual.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass
    Do you have children or Bible students who are making spiritual progress? Help them to approach the elders to see if they qualify as unbaptized publishers. Elders should take the initiative to speak with inactive publishers in order to encourage them to participate, perhaps, by working along with experienced publishers.

Sorry but this frightens me. Between this campaign and the whole "when a loved one leaves jah" article, to me it is just an opportunity for our family members to get all worked up again over the fact that we are not JWs.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas
    prove. . .

BWA-HA-HA -HA-HA-HA-HA- HA-HA-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha -Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Yes: it's INVISIBLE, like everything else in their spiritual paradise! You need "eyes of understanding," carefully trained at the Kingdom Hall to see what is invisible.

• acadian
    acadian
    according to a very reliable source it will prove that we are very close to the end

There using the Mayan calendar, so the end will be Dec 21 2012, there will be an announcement that will tie everything together. Please don't tell them I told you guys it was s'pose to be a surprise announcement.... LOL The announcement will be made the first sunday Jan 2013. Acadian

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Oh! I know, I know!!! The emperor has no clothes on!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit