Getting reinstated....

by oneskinnyk24 11 Replies latest jw friends

• oneskinnyk24
    oneskinnyk24

I am currently disfellowshipped and I'm wanting to get reinstated. I have a question for all who might know the answer.... Am I allowed to have someone study with me while I'm getting reinsated... I have been out of the truth for 6 years and I would like to study with someone. If you know the answer to that... feel free to email me at [email protected]...

Thanks,

Kendra

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    I am currently disfellowshipped and I'm wanting to get reinstated.

WHY!!!!!!!! You are out of an evil cult. Why on earth would you want to go back?

• sspo
    sspo

They will only study with you only after you get reinstated and not in df's state.

• earthtone
    earthtone

I went through the process once... You don't have to have anyone study with you while your dis'd, you just need to attend the meeting regulary and after about 6 months of that, you write a letter of repentance to the congergational elders. Once reinstated you can ask for someone to study with you if you like but............ Why go back to living your life for an Organization? Once Dis'd you'll carry a stigma and your actions will be watched very carefully.

But that is just how I was treated you might experience something different. This site is for x-JW's. So I personally don't want to see you caught back up in their Web of deceit and lies. But Good luck in your endeavors, whatever you chose.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I was out for nine years and got reinstated.

Why do you want to get reinstated after all this time?

I am curious. It must still all be real to you and that whatever you were disfellowshipped for you felt deserving of it and being shunned. Things will never be the same as before.....you know too much now. You have been allowed to think and feel...freely...even to the point that you are making a decision to be reinstated.

How long were you baptised before being DF........?

nosey me

purps

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Sorry love, but you won't get any support at all until you're reinstated. You just have to keep going to meetings and getting through the cruel shunning until they feel like you've been judged and punished enough. I was told it would take two years, and I decided not to put myself through that.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Just ask the elders when the following took place and you can expect to be instantly re-instated because they will be worried that you might be having doubts that the JW's are God's Only True Religion:

"The

Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah"—How?

Chapter 12 page 216 paragraph 9

"Until He Comes Who Has the Legal Right"

Shortly, within our twentieth century, the "battle in the day of Jehovah" will begin against the modern antitype of Jerusalem, Christendom

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

After you show up to the meetings, act humble and embarrassed for your wrong doing, the elders will approach you and let you know that they have noticed you coming to the hall. Depending on your transgression, they will meet w/ you again months later. But you have to go to all mtgs at the hall. Ultimately, the elders will meet w/ you again and reinstate you and then depending on your transgression and the length of time you are out, they may put limits on what you can and cannot do. For example, a GF was counseled and left for a long time, she was never DF'd or DA'd. When she did return, the elders met w/ her and told her that in order for her to be able to answer at meetings and go out in service, she would need to study w/ elder so-and-so's wife. Each congo is different because it is based on the BOE and what they chose to do.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    and go out in service, she would need to study w/ elder so-and-so's wife. Each congo is different because it is based on the BOE and what they chose to do.

this was done when i was reinstated......It did not last long and most of the time it was just a visit/gossip session!

purps

• mama1119
    mama1119

DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!! You are free, don't run back to the prison.

And, no, you cannot have a study while DF.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit