by purplesofa 16 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    or in a positive way.

meant to say negative way......

purps

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I'm happy for you purplesofa... keep on moving in the 'healing' direction.
    "meant to say negative way......"
    Perhaps... but the way that you originally typed it fits, too. *grin*
    Regards,

Jim TX

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    "meant to say negative way......"

Perhaps... but the way that you originally typed it fits, too. *grin*

HA

I reread that several times to see if I worded that right........I am sleep deprived.

Think Long Think Wrong

purps

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Sorry to keep posting to my own thread, but I have got to think this out right now.

One of the reasons why I got reinstated was I really hated that 6 million people in the world were being told not to speak to me, they could not have anything to do with me.

It bothered me as I did not feel I was a bad person, I worked towards peace, was conscience of others, and worked hard to make a living.

When reinstated and going to the meetings for a couple of years, I sat in the hall one day and thought to myself, If I must be in paradise with these people then I don't want to be there.

But that did not mean I would shun them ......judge them, discontinue to recognize that they exist.

So, here I am.......In reality I will only miss a few people on a daily basis, but in the bigger picture of my life, I have known so many for 20 plus years. A compliation of my lifes expericances, good times, bad times are intertwined with people that are Jehovah Witnesses.

Ok, I am rambling.......but I can look at this tonight when I get home from work with a different perspective.

But I just have to get this sorted out in my heart and mind to truely move on.

purps

• KW13
    KW13

you need to stop being sorry :)

• juni
    juni
    When reinstated and going to the meetings for a couple of years, I sat in the hall one day and thought to myself, If I must be in paradise with these people then I don't want to be there.

You know Purps - I had the same experience! When I went back for a very short time, I sat there looking around and thinking also about the very same thing. The speaker was blah blahing in the background and I wasn't listening to him, but was there to find out how I felt. I came to the same conclusion.

I had to get out and seek my own identity apart from this controlling organization.

Hugs,

Juni

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Hi Purps! I think that you should entitle the topic "Time to Redecorate". You're getting ready to throw out the old furniture and put in something new. You should be happy that you were one of the people that were able to see the organization for what it really is, and that you are no longer going to let it hold you back from doing your thing!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit