plmkrzy

hahahahahahaha

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Here you go plmkrzy, it's available on DVD:

http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/therealeve.php

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Sorry, plmcrzy, you're way off on that timeline. 10,000 years ago there were people living all over this planet, not just a couple somewhere having kids. The "Eve" of our common ancestry goes back nearly 100,000 years.

This idea of "the real Eve" is very misleading. It's not talking about anything at all like the biblical Eve, which is, of course, a myth. I'd suggest everyone who is seriously wondering about this might benefit from some real research on the subject.

A lot of folks seem a bit misinformed about the subject. I'm sure we've discussed this idea in more accurate detail on this board in the past. Perhaps someone can link to that thread.

S4

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Hi seeker4, 100,000 years ago sounds more believable but I'm certain the narrator on this particular episode said 10,000 years and he was speaking of the first humans. They also said in this episode that they believed dinosaurs were living at the same time. No kidding…really.

plm

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Thanks sad emo for the link. That story/2002 is the same story as what was shown on TV a few months ago but they said in the this episode that their timeline, who’s timeline I don’t know, may have been over estimated and leaning toward 1000,s of years later then they thought. What was shown a few months ago was basically the same stuff but...not. I’m not sure if the same person narrated it but it looks very similar.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Not too far outside the little town in which I live, there is a piece of land that has been a source of lots of american indian studies. A lot of pieces of pottery and arrow heads etc. was dug up.

The final decisions were that this place was in use about 10000 years ago quite often by the indians.

There is a sign at this site with the information about the indian occupation in this area. There are other sites in Idaho and Oregon where they go way farther back in time.

So I must agree that the ten thousand date is very wrong.

Outoftheorg

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

The final decisions were that this place was in use about 10000 years ago quite often by the indians.

That was on another discovery episode I saw it to.

Regardless of how many thousands of years ago the first humans existed the original Q was did we or did we not descend from two original humans that were created. The program I watched was ‘their’ scientific look at the possibility of Adam and Eve being for real and the possibility that the timelines, all timelines, have been greatly overestimated.

Probably in the same league as “myth busters”.

I don't know what the new light is these days on jw thinking and how long ago creation of man took place but years ago they believed it was approx 6,000 years. I thought it was funny that this program seemed to be leaning in the same direction but with no apparent connection to any particular religion.

plm

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

According to the WTS, it was 6,031 years ago that God created Adam. Eve was after that.

Not sure what show you watched (but evidently NOT the one that was linked to this topic by sad emo), but it certainly wasn't a show that had any kind of scientific credibility, and highly unlikely that it would have been on the Discovery Channel, unless you are remembering it incorrectly.

A common ancestor 10,000 years ago? Dinosaurs and humans co-existing at the time? Impossible for any serious documentary to have taken that stand.

Sorry. And, no. We did not descend from two original humans who were created. Especially not within the last 10,000 years. Like I said earlier - research this.

S4

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    but it certainly wasn't a show that had any kind of scientific credibility

Lol! I was sure they somehow crossed their scientists with the society's scientists when they did their research. I was hoping someone else saw the same episode. It was probably on A&E or a similar channel. Next time it comes on TV I'm going to tape it.

They are saying 6031 years from now?!

plm

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

The Discovery channel plays all kinds of junk. They are chasing ratings like everyone else. Here's brief defintion of the so-called mitochondrial Eve:Krishna Kunchithapadam, "What if anything is a Mitochondrial Eve?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit