W.E.Vine and ThirdWitness - Brothers Beneath The Skin?

by hillary_step 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Death to the Pixies
    Death to the Pixies
    This thread was addressing thirdwitness. ;

If thirdwitness observes hypocrisy, or disingenuousness on the part of hillary_step's argument, he will address it himself. ; He is a big boy. ; He can speak for himself. ; He doesn't need you to speak for him or be his advocate.

Please, let thirdwitness speak for himself, and stop trolling the thread. ; It is juvenile, and it is getting quite

Seems Hilary Step is comletely out of ammo and realizes how correct I am...soo.... I only decided to take on this thread to make a point, which is to stop derailing arguments and expecting 3rd to waste his time with all these irrelevent threads, (which if he does not answer this idiocy, he gets taunted). It is already 1 against 20, and the twenty are using bullying tactics at that. Apparently grossly out-numbering him is not enough. You may have to-- NOT-- be part of the JWD clique to understand how bad it is for the opposing view to get heard fairly here.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Death,

Seems Hilary Step is comletely out of ammo and realizes how correct I am...soo.... I only decided to take on this thread to make a point, which is to stop derailing arguments and expecting 3rd to waste his time with all these irrelevent threads, (which if he does not answer this idiocy, he gets taunted). It is already 1 against 20, and the twenty are using bullying tactics at that. Apparently grossly out-numbering him is not enough. You may have to-- NOT-- be part of the JWD clique to understand how bad it is for the opposing view to get heard fairly here.

The problem is that the point you attempted to make was pap owing to the fact that you completely and repeatedly missed the point of my thread and are still doing so.

If I have read your grammatically inept gibberings above correctly, you seem to have painted yourself as the defender of the underdog. If this is so, I am sure that ThirdWitness will not be thanking you as you have made a compete idiot of yourself in your inability to understand even the basics of the kind of logic needed to follow one thought to the other without getting tied in a knot. I am not sure where you were educated, but wherever it was they failed you dismally.

Seems Hilary Step is comletely out of ammo and realizes how correct I am

I present this inane and jeuvenile comment as evidence of all that I note above. I will waste no further time on you.

HS.

PS - Hillary, not Hilary. Hilary is a girls name...but of course....you knew that and this was just another clever comic plan hatched in your brilliant brain....lol

• AlanF
    AlanF

It has become quite evident, Death to the Pixies, that you are not much above thirdwitless and scholar pretendus brainus deadus in thinking ability.

I challenged thirdwitless to produce any modern scholars who agree with the Watchtower's claims about the meaning of parousia. So far he has produced four Bible translations from 1864, 1898, 1902 and 1903. He produced a quotation from one Israel Warren in support of the Society's claims (which he got from Watchtower literature, just like the references to the old Bible translations), but Warren wrote in 1879. These dates speak for themselves. He claimed that W. E. Vine was such a modern scholar, and quoted Vine to prove the meaning of parousia. I then pointed out that Vine was not advancing modern views on the meaning of parousia, but outmoded ones. Those views became outmoded when scholars such as Adolph Deissman, writing from about 1907 onward, put together the great many late-19th century discoveries of Koine Greek papyrii, which truly revolutionized Greek scholarship. Indeed, a good deal of old scholarship was shown to be wrong by these papyrii from the 1st century. I quoted the modern scholar F. F. Bruce, who explained why Vine's view of parousia was outmoded. Thirdwitless completely ignored all of that.

You are obviously too dumb to have comprehended what you read. And if you failed to read the material in the "Gentile times" thread, you have no business commenting on it.

In addition to demonstrating Vine's outmoded views on parousia, I commented with Hillary_Step that Vine's religious prejudices as a Dispensationalist and member of the Open Brethren also strongly influenced his views on the meaning of parousia in Matthew 24:3 and elsewhere.

The simple fact is that no modern scholars -- modern in the sense of accepting the whole of modern Greek scholarship -- agree with Vine or with the Watchtower Society on this issue.

AlanF

• Death to the Pixies
    Death to the Pixies

Hi AlanF, you too are way off base here, at least when it comes to this thread, I was not defending whether Vines was a "Modern Scholar" but that he was quoted to answer the challenge, not to buttress a theolgy .I believe I used the word "alleged" (snickering at AlanF). Remember I said:

DTTP:If you are merely trying to show 3rd the difference in opinion amongst scholars, then why exactly are you pointing to Vine's take on ecclesiastical authority? Does this somehow show that a Vine, an alleged modern scholar (the original context of the introduction of Vine mind you)

This and the previous posts in t his thread show that this was an attempt at derailment. But, hey you threw in some insults (shocker!), so at least you got to exercise some of them inner demons. Good for you :>)

Just as a side, and indulge me here, why do you feel the need to belittle 3rdWitness? If he truly is a moron, won't that be self-evident? Let me guess, you are calling him a moron for the benefit of the other morons to moronic to decipher the moronic nature of 3rd?

• AlanF
    AlanF

Death to the Pixies said:

: Hi AlanF, you too are way off base here, at least when it comes to this thread, I was not defending whether Vines was a "Modern Scholar" but that he was quoted to answer the challenge, not to buttress a theolgy .

Well duh! Of course thirdwitless quoted Vine to answer my challenge. That's hardly an issue. If that's all you meant to say, then you might as well have not posted anything.

: I believe I used the word "alleged" (snickering at AlanF). Remember I said:

: DTTP:If you are merely trying to show 3rd the difference in opinion amongst scholars, then why exactly are you pointing to Vine's take on ecclesiastical authority? Does this somehow show that a Vine, an alleged modern scholar (the original context of the introduction of Vine mind you)

Yes, and in a context like this thread, your use of "alleged" can be taken as serious or as sarcastic. Your other comments in this thread and others show me where your opinons lie, namely, that you agree with thirdwitness, and so your use of "alleged" would have to be serious. Unless, of course, you're just a troll. If you're not a mere troll, then try stating what you mean in clear terms. You're not nearly as clever as you think.

: This and the previous posts in t his thread show that this was an attempt at derailment.

Derailment of what? The only attempts at derailment you've made have been with respect to Hillary_Step's comments. As for those comments, in view of my own in the above post, it should be clear to you that Vine is not a modern scholar with respect to his views on parousia, because these views are based on outmoded scholarship, and they are not objective, because they are based on his pre-existing theology as a Dispensationalist and member of the Open Brethren.

: But, hey you threw in some insults (shocker!), so at least you got to exercise some of them inner demons. Good for you :>)

Actually my insults toward demonstrated liars and people who make extremely stupid comments is a fairly objective attempt to slap them upside the head with a dose of reality. It has worked on many a JW, who, when he gets over being insulted, and exercises a bit of common sense, realizes that the insults were dead on.

: Just as a side, and indulge me here, why do you feel the need to belittle 3rdWitness?

He is a demonstrated liar and almost stereotypical JW defender who, as has been said by several other posters, is interested only in preaching the destructive cultic message of the Watchtower Society. There is nothing wrong with calling a liar a liar, wouldn't you say? And experience shows that calling a braindead cultist by appropriate terms often wakes him up. It certainly makes lurkers sit up and take notice a lot more than dry exposition does.

: If he truly is a moron, won't that be self-evident?

Generally, yes. But several posters commenting on thirdwitless' threads obviously have not yet come to that conclusion. Why? Because they're still greatly steeped in the JW mindset and show lack of critical thinking.

: Let me guess, you are calling him a moron for the benefit of the other morons to moronic to decipher the moronic nature of 3rd?

Partly, yes.

AlanF

• Death to the Pixies
    Death to the Pixies
    Yes, and in a context like this thread, your use of "alleged" can be taken as serious or as sarcastic. Your other comments in this thread and others show me where your opinons lie, namely, that you agree with thirdwitness, and so your use of "alleged" would have to be serious. Unless, of course, you're just a troll. If you're not a mere troll, then try stating what you mean in clear terms. You're not nearly as clever as you think.

This may be a megalomaniacs way of admitting he had no clue what was going on in this thread... I have stated my point here clearly, so who knows what you are referring to... It seems just to be a lame attempt at saving face.... I must say I find your justifications for your abrasive style saddening. Some friendly advice, leave JWD and go back to being legit... maybe go back to BGreek?

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Alan,

Some friendly advice, leave JWD and go back to being legit... maybe go back to BGreek?

lol....Advise from the dumb zone, just what AlanF needs. Your wasting your time here Alan, this poster is on the hamster-wheel of mental life and seems determined to stay there. If he is trolling, he is not even making a decent job of that. I think he needs to go back on the microphones for a while.

HS

• AlanF
    AlanF

I completely agree with you, HS. I'll leave this moron alone from now on.

AlanF

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Isn't this thirdwitness the same that posts at e-jehovahs-witness.com? He's here to be nothing but a butt! Thinks his shit don't stink. I have a feeling you will have to go over there to find him.

shelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit