I'm Scared

by FriendlyFellaAL 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Teirce
    Teirce

<= ex-JW

What we saw could be the beginnings of WWIII, but it's not the Armageddon, which is an idea. The word post-apocalyptic has real meaning now, that is for sure.

• jurs
    jurs

Hi brian,

Welcome... I know what your talking about. On New years eve (i had been missing alot of meetings) I thought maybe Armagedon would come because of the Y2k thing. I went right back to the kingdom hall and became regular again. Being destroyed was ever present in my mind.... Hmmmmmm i wonder why.

Jurs

• Sozo
    Sozo

Welcome to this board!

I felt your anxities during the Gulf War and was in a similar situation. I figured that the end was coming then and me and my kids were gonna die. I was preparing to go back to the Kingdom Hall but God has other plans instead he got ahold of my attention by sending a cult researcher across my path where this man showed me many false JW teachings.

Needless to say, I never went back but instead I heard truth just how much God loved me and what I needed to do to be saved.

The events that occurred this week is a wake up Call, not just for Amierca but for the world - the call is is that Jesus is coming back and we need to be ready. He loves each and every one of us and desires no one to perish. If we receive Him, we will not fear of the things happening in the world.

Read the New Testiment (not NWT) and ask Him to reveal himself to you - He will do that.....he may use someone to speak to you, or he may use His Word or use circumstances to speak to you.

Through all of this ugliness God will prevail and use it to His glory. The feelings you are encountering are normal so allow yourself to process and in the same moment seek Him.

• individual
    individual

Freindly Fella

I understand how you feel , the fear of Armageddon was also deeply instilled in me after 25 years in the org.
    What has helped me recently is the book Searching for Christian Freedom , also written by Franz. I have found this book to be more relevant to my spiritual feelings of confusion than Crisis of Conscience (which concentrated on the failings of the JW organisation). We have been trained by the society to watch world events and automatically link any troubles in the world to the teachings of the society. For a while I feared what was happening but upon reflection I know that this cannot be the end the JWs are talking about because of the fact that there are still a lot of good people in all societies that are sincere and wish to serve God and Christ.

When Sodom was going to be destroyed Abraham asked God if he would destroy the city even if there was just one righteous man in it, and he said no. Even I, as a human, can see the good in people. The society trained you to look only at the bad, so instead of seeing the white piece of paper you see the black spot on it. The world of humanity is not generally as bad as they make out, most of the people are not evil. One or two are but in general people are not evil and therefore deserving of destruction.

The events that are happening at the moment are fearful but so were the events that led up to the Gulf War, there was a call then for a holy war. For me now I view the society, the organisation, as being the disgusting thing standing in a holy place since they claim to speak for God but treat their own so cruelly. I view the people who leave the org. are a reflection of the societys own failings. If this really was going to lead to Armageddon the society would have enormous blood guilt on their hands since they have failed the majority of humanity. Look at my post 'The Scales of Justice' (use the search facility) and you may find it interesting, it looks at the failings by the society in how it preaches, it shows that people are victims of circumstance and proves that the culture that they are born into leads to their lack of response to the JW message and it is proved absolutely using the year book. I think you would find this interesting.

For me I leave my fate up to Jehovah and Christ Jesus, and the fate of my children also. I trust in him whereas the org. has not only lost my trust but also my respect. To any lurkers on this board still in the society - don't stay in because of fear, since fear is a very negative emotion to control your life with. Remember that Christ is love, not fear.

• Julie
    Julie

Welcome Friendly Fella--

I would like to point something out that seems to have been overlooked. As I have been watching events unfold throughout the week one bright spot has been becoming brighter and brighter. This act of terrorism has affected the whole world. How many countries have offered their sympathies and support? Many. All over the world they are apprehending people suspected of terrorist ties and it seems everyone is will to pitch in now and give terrorism the highest spot on the priority list.

If anything this horrid even seems to have had a galvanizing affect on all civilized nations. Banding us together to extinguish this evil. I mean if we can have unanimous votes in the house AND the senate, have democrats and republicans working in unison, well that should tell you anything is possible!!!

Be brave and together we can put an end to this evil that plagues the world.

Julie

• FriendlyFellaAL
    FriendlyFellaAL

Hello all,

Thank you so very much for all of the responses. At present I'm at work and don't have the time to respond individually, but my heart goes out to all who've given me a bit of perspective on this whole incident. Thanks to each of you who took the time to make a response...it means a lot to me.

Strangely enough, the entire 20+ years I attended the Kingdom Hall I never ONCE received the kind of feedback and support you guys have given me.

I know I've said it a few times already, but again...Thank you.

Brian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit