"Birth" Announcement

by Abaddon 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Thanks for all the messages thus far, and the PM's too; I'm digging my work E-mail mountain out after a month out of the office so can;t reply as quick/often as I'd like.

Abbadette has to learn Dutch satanus.

I've had Christmas tree's for six years now (never bothered when I lived on my own, been out since 1993), but it'll be her first of many, proper birthdays too. Her mother stopped attending meetings (apart from 'life insurance' of Memorial and Assemblies) but never got her head out of the cult or started living like an ordinary person, thus no Xmas/b'days and intact silly superstitions over anything vaugely 'supernatural' (liked TV series Charmed, LOL).

• juni
    juni

Your fiancee and daughter will have a great time shopping for Christmas. You'll have a most happy time!!

Best to all of you,

Juni PS What language does she speak now? Is Dutch a hard language to learn?

• acsot
    acsot

What great news Abaddon! That's absolutely fantastic - tell Abadette on our behalf that she's one smart 16-year old to make a decision like that (we know you already know that ).

I would guess that one thing to help her ease into the sudden changes in her world would be for her dad to make up for all those missed birthday and Christmas parties and presents .

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

ascot

We've actually just moved house and had the attic converted just so she has her own space; we'd have done it eventually as we wanna have kids and that's no fun in a small aprtment, but it was kinda bought forward. We played a bit of a joke on her and told her she'd be in a bedroom of our old apartment we'd converted to a washroom with washing machine and tumble drier, cupboards and cat litter tray. Then half way there we told her we were joking and we'd converted the study for her. Then when we got near old home and had to go one exit further on to take country road to new house we made-up some bullshit about having missed the exit and taking the long way home before stopping outside new house (about midnight)

My fiance's mum had put up decorations and banners - we went in round the back as the stairs to the attic go up directly from the back door, and watched her climb up the rose bedecked stairs to her room with her mouth falling open. Great fun watching her wander from room to room in our new house, she was totally overwhlemed.

She is English as am I, and having a better ear for language than me should not have huge problems learning Dutch (which is a Germanic language, like English, but closer to German than English but less complocated than German).

• juni
    juni

That is so cool!! Just what a teenager wants - their own room!

Juni

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

So you are getting a teenager in your home. Don't know whether to congratulate you or commiserate with you! I hope you join together to become a little family quickly and find great joy. Bless you all-and good luck! Your fiance is awesome, thats a hard job raising a teenager!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

(((( Abadon)))) That is just soooooo kewl!

• serendipity
    serendipity

Congrats, Abaddon!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit