Newbies - Now What Do You Think?

by Nellie 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Nellie
    Nellie

Being on this site is a little like having taken the forbidden fruit . . .

Joining the site, is a little like eating of the fruit . . .

Now, what do you see? Has your vision changed any?

• Nellie
    Nellie

No takers?

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Nellie,

:Being on this site is a little like having taken the forbidden fruit . . .

Joining the site, is a little like eating of the fruit . . .

One word comes to my mind YUM!

I can see better than ever. The watchtower fog has cleared.

Dismembered

• Dansk
    Dansk

Well, as an old newbie I'd have to say that this site is a godsend. The posters here have proven that Watchtower is steeped in lies and continues to perpetuate those lies. This site was instrumental in my being completely free of Watchtower's yoke. Five out of six of my family are now OUT. We're hopeful our elder daughter will see sense and join us.

Ian

• Nellie
    Nellie

I agree - this site has been life-altering for me. Just as I was beginning to second guess my doubts and feel guilty about leaving, I found it. I'm grateful everyday that I didn't spend too much energy on those feelings.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Yes, my eyes have been opened and I have become like God, knowing the truth from bullshit.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I'm still amazed at how many people the Watch Tower Society and the Jehovah's Witness people have hurt. And they're still at it. There's a mass of educated and well informed people who are getting a voice. It's just a matter of time until that voice hits a target like an arrow hits a bullseye.
    I'd think the group leaders would try to minimize their bad publicity by stopping their bad behaviors, but they don't, their behavior is getting worse.
    They have to change, they just have to. The old ways just won't work now.
    I thought it was hard to be a Witness in the 60's but it's much worse now. At least then we had a goal. Now they're drifting. They have been for 11 years. No clear message, no visible leader, no purpose. I'd be real proud as a Witness to take the latest Kingdom News to my co-workers and neighbors. They have a knack of pissing everybody off on a third grade level.

• mommomkittycat
    mommomkittycat

It's pretty neat!

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Yes, my eyes have been opened and I have become like God, knowing the truth from bullshit.

Oh, daniel-p, How dare you ! Jerhoover is going to send two she-bears to rip you to pieces for your sassiness !

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    Oh, daniel-p, How dare you ! Jerhoover is going to send two she-bears to rip you to pieces for your sassiness !

I wouldn't mind a death being ripped apart by a bear. Very dramatic and primal. Really, I've thought about these things....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit