$$$$$$$$$$

by Outaservice 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

I suspect that myself and my sister may have been written or will be written out of our parents will. I left JW land a few years ago and not so long ago my sister did. They used to rarely ever go on holiday or buy anything. Suddenly they are going on holiday every month and abroad twice a year. They did casually mention to me a few months ago that they would be remaking their wills and I thought nothing of it. To be honest, I don't give a monkeys left buttock!!

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

Uhhh, I hope I'm not in their will, they've got toooooo much debt and noooo assets. Truth be known, I passed them up materially years ago. Hmmm, maybe they and my brother wish they were in MY will....naw, that would be too easy. Hee hee, see you guys at the opening bell of the New York Stock Exchange tomorrow morning, I hear Radio Shack (stock symbol RSH) is making great progress in their turnaround efforts. Lots of insiders buying Revlon (REV) too.

On the other hand, I shouldn't be so mean spirited, I'll leave em' ten bucks....each.

• Forscher
    Forscher

wELL,
    When my wife faded, that meant that all of the kids were out of the organization. They have one grandchild who is still in the organization and that one is shamelessly sucking-up to them, one would assume to get whatever inheritance there may be. Recently, we recieved copies of their durable power of attorneys giving one of my wife's non-Jw siblings that power in the event something happens. So go figure!
    Forscher

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I wrote on the German board that I attended some workshop of Dieter Rohmann (similar to Steven Hassen in the US, http://www.kulte.de) for ex-cult-members.

My father read that and send me an eMail stating (swore on God) that he would do anything in his means to assure they I would not inherit a single cent.

Do not know if he has put this in writing.

• sf
    sf

Y E S

sKally

• wonderwoman
    wonderwoman

Daddy dearest died years ago leaving us nothing.
    Mama was so busy pioneering where the need was great and popping out new jw babies that she never got a career and thus has nothing but a couple side jobs and a room in my jw brother's house.
    But I would take a wild guess that my worldy df'd sis and myself would be excluded from any sort of inheritance if there was one in the first place.

• ferret
    ferret

I was omitted from my parents will. Not that they were wealthy, but just the principle.

I now have excluded my daughters who have shunned me for 26 years from my will.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

When my dad died he left instructions that I was going to pay for the final expenses,

When my grandfather (NonJW) passed away, he left behind an estate worth over 350,000 and since my dad was no longer alive, my brothers and sisters and and I got equal parts of my grandfathers estate, well since my grandfather had 10 kids by the time the money trickled down to me, it was enough to pay me back for what I had spent on my dads cremation, and burial. Funny how things work themselves out huhh

• Mrs.Congeniality
    Mrs.Congeniality

hey black pearl maybe you should buy stock in the cigar business and will that to your family!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I don't think my mom would remove any of my non-jw siblings since my dad was the primary breadwinner and he was not a JW. I have a feeling he might have discussed it with her also when they prepared their wills. I am co-executor. I used to be the only one, but she lost some confidence in me, I guess.She has a sense of fairness, but she is showing early signs of Alzheimers and I am not sure what that might do to her decision making processes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit