I was visited again today discussed UN

by hambeak 12 Replies latest jw friends

• hambeak
    hambeak

I brought up the subject of the UN today when the elders came to see me. They knew nothing about it as a matter of fact neither do I. Phil told me that it was all a fabricated lie by the apostates. What proof is there that I can show them that it was initiated by the GB in NY?

Thanks for any help you can send my way

Gary

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Hambeak,

Maybe this will help you. http://www.randytv.com/secret/unitednations.htm

You will find scanned official letters on this site. If for some reason you are unable to get to this site by clicking on the above address, go to google, then type in the search engine, JW Files, it will be the first one listed entitled JW Files- Research on Jehovah's Witnesses/Watchtower. Scroll down to the grey box that says Emblems-Pyramid-Occult-UN. Click on the last box. There you will find plenty of information, and no doubt the "proof" you are looking for.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• vitty
    vitty

I went on the UN official website and printed it out......................When they joined, what they knew about , the awake mag that they produced to support the UNs aims

I think if you are going to talk about a topic eg Un, Pedophiles, 607...........you MUST know your facts............if it was me i would talk about Jesus being my mediator and not the Fand D slave, because its scripurally unproveable.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

hambeak.. read lenny's letter again http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/118868/2090849/post.ashx#2090849

in one paragraph he points to a november 1998 awake where the society speaks favorably of the UN. you can show the elders in their own literature how the society has compromised on its stand towards the un!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Ok, here's a news article written by the Guardian in 2001, which started the whole thing:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,565005,00.html

Here's a page with a lot of information on the UN scandal:

http://www.randytv.com/secret/index.htm

And if they fall back to the lie that NGO status had suddenly changed to make them support the UN charter, or that it was "just a library pass," then I've got pictures of a few documents that prove otherwise! PM me if you want them.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Hambeak,

I went to the UN Official website, and here is what they have posted. http://www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/pdfs/watchtower.pdf

Yes indeed they were members.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Just a side note: In case you are still doubting the validity of these posts, go to google. Type in UN website. The fist site listd is United Nations. Click on it. Click on the Welcome, Click on Search on the bottom of the page, (it is under the word Procurement). Then click on Advanced Search. In the first box under Match all words: type in : Watchtower. Then hit go. Click on the first topic entitled :4 March 2004 To Whom It May Concern, Recently the NGO Section has.... and there you have it! Straight from the official website of the UN!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Hi again Hambeak,

I was just reading another thread this morning, posted from LennyinBluemont he has quite a bit of UN info. in his disassociation letter. I thought I would copy a portion of it that relates to the UN for you in case you miss his thread. Here it is:

I began to learn shocking and very disturbing things about the Society’s activities and policies over the years. Information that I believe I was entitled to as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, which every one of Jehovah’s Witnesses is entitled to, but which the Society has never published, and even gone to some lengths to keep hidden. One of the most disturbing things I came to know about was that the Watchtower Society made application for and was accepted for association as a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) with the United Nations Department of Public Information (DPI) in 1992. This information is well documented on the United Nations own official website. The Society then had to reapply for this status every year, and did so, for ten years. According to the UN website, which addresses this very matter of the Watchtower’s association, they state that with their initial application, the Watchtower was provided a document entitled "Criteria for Association", in which the applicant pledges to support the Charter, purpose and goals of the UN organization (which, by the way, includes use of military force). Each year, as they re-applied, the Criteria were provided as part of the application package.

I couldn’t believe what I was reading. But it gets even worse. The UN further says that the primary purpose of this association is so that the NGO (Watchtower) will publicize the programs and activities of the UN, basically being a publicity agent for the UN, or a cheerleader, if you will. On the UN website, they list publications that were submitted to them by the Watchtower as evidence that they were in compliance with this requirement to be a publicity agent for them. Noteworthy is the November 22, 1998 Awake! magazine, which is almost entirely devoted to this purpose. It reads from cover to cover like a PR piece for the UN. The UN is mentioned 40 times in this one magazine, and never in a negative light. (God’s kingdom is mentioned only three times in the entire issue.)

Now, I don’t need to tell you what we have been taught as witnesses for over 60 years about the UN, do I? The Watchtower has taught us that they are the "scarlet colored wild beast" of Revelation. That they are "a disgusting thing in the sight of God and his people", "the disgusting thing causing desolation", "the product of Satan, and an abomination in the sight of God." "A worldy confederation against God’s kingdom." You know I could fill many pages with similar quotes from the Watchtower. In 1966 at District Assemblies around the world, a resolution was unanimously adopted vowing to remain completely separate from the Devil’s world, its religions and governments, including the United Nations. The Society’s clear policy and teaching has consistently been that to align oneself in any way with such an organization would constitute spiritual adultery, and it has often condemned other religions for even making positive comments regarding the UN. But the Watchtower has not just made positive comments regarding the UN. They have advocated it and publicized it in harmony with a formal agreement to do so.

How can any person of conscience regard such behavior as anything less than shameful, hypocritical, disturbing, and when we consider the relatively lesser errors that so many have been disfellowshipped for over the years, suffering shunning from family and friends, despicable?

How did this come to light? It would have been good if the Watchtower itself, "our mother", had informed us, as well as given us a full explanation. But to date, not a word has been said. The Guardian newspaper in England broke the story in an article on October 9, 2001. That really got the Watchtower’s attention. One day later, October 10 th , the Watchtower asked the UN to terminate their association, obviously not due to conscience, but due to exposure. Still, they have said nothing to us, about this ten year adulterous relationship with the UN.

What has been their response? When I met with David Nordgren and Victor Duran on 11 April 2005 and asked about this, they had no answer, as they both said they were totally unaware of the situation. Victor insisted, though, that I write the Society for an explanation. Despite my protests that the Society had already written a response, which was published also in the Guardian, Victor insisted that if I was sincere I would write the Society. So, to satisfy him that I was indeed, sincere, I wrote the Society. Their response was essentially the same as what they wrote to the Guardian, as I tried to tell Victor it would be. They offer two explanations.

First, they say they entered into the relationship only to gain access to the UN library. To quote from the Society’s letter to the Guardian: "In 1991 one of our legal corporations registered with the United Nations as a NGO (non-governmental organization) for the sole purpose of getting access to the extensive library of the United Nations." Even if this were the reason, is it acceptable to affiliate yourself with a political organization, agreeing to support its principles and charter and to publicize it’s programs — in order to have access to its library? Is it not a fact that if you were to join the YMCA in order to use the swimming pool, you could be disfellowshipped for apostasy? (See The Watchtower, January 1, 1979; pp. 30-31) Even if this was the reason, research has shown that practically all the materials in the UN library are accessible in public libraries around the world, including the New York City Public Library System. To show that this explanation is in fact a lie, the UN itself says that there is no requirement to be an NGO in order to have access to the Dag Hammarskjold (UN) Library. To quote the UN: "The issuance of a library pass is independent of NGO status or any other status. There has been no change in the library pass policy."

The second explanation offered by the Society in their letter to the Guardian: "Years later, unbeknown to the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses, the United Nations published ‘Criteria for Association’, stipulating that affiliated NGO’s are required to support the goals of the United Nations. After learning of the situation, our membership as NGO was withdrawn." What is stated here is that this provision to support the goals of the UN was added by the United Nations "years" after their initial application in 1991, resulting in the Society withdrawing their membership in 2001. This position is also contradicted by the UN itself as being untrue. On the UN website, it clearly shows that this has been a requirement of NGOs associated with the UN DPI since 1968. The UN letter furthers states that, "The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York . . . was granted association in 1992. By accepting association with DPI, the organization agreed to meet criteria for association, including support and respect of the principles of the Charter of the United Nations." Again, this charter provides for the use of military force. The response from the Watchtower in no way addresses what they apparently see as a "coincidence" that they decided to withdraw 24 hours after the fact was exposed by the media. And still, millions of Jehovah’s Witnesses carry on with absolutely no knowledge that their leadership has been involved in such things.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

If the story is an apostate lie, why does the world headquarters admit that it happened and try to excuse it as an attempt to use a library card? Why not just say, "That's a lie. never happened."?

YOU can call Bethel and ask them yourself.

Use a pay phone or any phone not in your name.

Try to sound meek and sincere, and use a fake name with your REAL city (in case they have caller ID).

Tell them you've been talking to your aunt or a friend at work who is a witness, but someone else told you about the UN connection. See what they tell you.

Patterson, NY number: 845-306-1000

phone numbers in Brooklyn: (718) 560-5000; (718) 625-3600

J. R. Brown (WTS public relations): (718) 560-5600

phone calls to the WTS are recorded.

- NN, "cautious as a penguin, innocent as a rhinoceros" class

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Unfortunately, the majority of die-hard JWs will refute whatever the media, GOOGLE, the UN itself, and any documented PROOF has to say about their beloved "Mother". I have seen it way too often. It's like telling a woman that her hubby is cheating on her and showing her pictures----and she will make up all sorts of excuses that supposedly justify him being caught naked and "in the act"! All you can do is hopefully plant some seeds of doubt that will be called to mind whenever this subject comes up.

It's almost funny----but pitiful---that the WTS is so gung-ho about JWs not looking this kind of stuff up on the internet.....and yet the informed householders that they try to preach to....currently know more about their religion than the JWs themselves do!

The Faithful and discreet slave is neither faithful NOR discreet, and the WTS has gone all out to clean their unfaithful and prostituting"Mother" up after her (then) secret affair with the UN.....and are making excuses for her no matter how ludicrous they sound. By shouting "it's all lies" over and over again, does not change the facts.....which are there for the reading!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit