Comments You Will Not Hear at the 8-20-06 WT Study (MURMURINGS) Post 8/20

by blondie 50 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

I will not be able to post this until the evening of 8-20. I worked on 8-27 by mistake and will be out of town until Sunday evening.

KEEP FREE FROM MURMURINGS

"Keep doing all things free from murmurings."--Philippians 2:14

An Evil Assembly Murmurs Against Jehovah

Murmuring in the First Century

Beware of the Corrosive Influence of Murmuring

Look at Things from Jehovah's Point of View

Forgiveness Promotes Unity

Love, Blondie

• heathen
    heathen

OBEY OBEY OBEY ......................... blah blah .

• Gill
    Gill

Yes, this is a rather unpleasant article. There will be a lot of 'mumurings' from those booted out of Bethel and a lot of 'murmurings' from those who have half a thinking brain and notice something odd about a four page pull out for changes in the REVELATION book.

Ze 'mumurings must be STOPPED!

Everything from the FDS must be accepted WITHOUT question. I wonder if any will wake from their slumber after this!?

• Gill
    Gill

I believe that their is a subtle suggestion of 'marking' or 'shunning' of anyone who complains about anything in paragraph 21 of this article:

Whatever the grievance may be, murmuring will not resolve matters. The hebrew term meaning to 'mumur' can also mean 'to growl'. Very likely, we feel uncomfortable around a constant mumurer and try to distance ourselves from him. If we were to mumur or growl those listening might feel the same way. Why, they may be so uncomfortable that they want to distance themselves from us! Growling might capture someone's attention but it will certainly not win anyone's heart!'

However the appetite is wetted for next weeks study article in which they promise that :

'The next artaicle will show how godly qualities will preventu s from engaging in an even more dangerous form of murmuring- that is, mumuring against the earthly part of Jehovah's organization'!'

Heaven forbid!!!!

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

It is patently obvious that to the writers of WT material, words are their stock-in-trade,not to enlighten those of an enquiring nature, but to invoke adulation among the R&F for the elitist and secretive leadership. By a constant and almost mesmerizing stream of repetition, words are marshalled in the service of this leadership for the sole purpose of intimidation and a perceived need to quell any potential insurgency.Through a veil of ambiguities and verbal nuances, the R&F are constantly being reminded of the supposed dangers of independence and insubordination.

These writers appear as a body of coarse men, coarse not in their manners but in their sensitivities. Their theological fluidity masks a cynicism that is not a product of disappointed idealism, but is at once a blatant display of avarice and a pragmatic entrenchment of power.Such men have no real business in the work of theological rectitude. Indeed they reduce its moral credibility by their very words. The pathetic skill they bring to their writing craft is offset by a failure to grasp the overwhelming reality of the truth of the Gospel message.

They see as their paramount need, not an advancement of the Love of Christ, indeed no WT has yet been crafted in the 127 years of WT history, that describes love for neighbour other than in terms of the door to door expansion of the WT message, but a required submission to WT authority. There is by necessity, an unintended irony here. The more the WT writers attempt to repress "murmurings" the more "murmurings" will be created.

This again by necessity, will require more words to be expended in the repressive work of the WT. I suppose in an ingenious sort of way, it keeps them in the writing business.

Nice little earner, lads.

Cheers

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

I just had to say how much I appreciated the fine uplifting story of the German bus driver (pp. 17 - 18).

What a load of crap!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Does anyone have a scanned copy?

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

I have a copy of the magazine and a scanner - but don't know how to upload it here.

• Flash
    Flash
    KEEP FREE FROM MURMURINGS

"Keep doing all things free from murmurings critisizing us."--Philippians 2:14

An Evil Assembly Murmurs Against Jehovah the Governing Body

Murmuring Thinking in the First Century

Beware of the Corrosive Influence of Murmuring Thinking Honestly

Look at Things from Jehovah's Our Point of View...or "Be Reasonable ~ Do It OUR Way"

Forgiveness Ignoring Our Gross Errors, Abuse of Authority and Hypocrisy Promotes Unity

LOL...I am VERY HAPPY to see their need to suppress the uprising in the congregation. Oppress people long enough and you will create a rebellion!

...The Master is coming.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Moggy Lover has got a way with words

Through a veil of ambiguities and verbal nuances, the R&F are constantly being reminded of the supposed dangers of independence and insubordination.

The dangers of grumbling (murmuring} are spelt out. Dangers for who? the elders and the WTS - No appreciation for the fact that human beings under stress often feel better after venting and letting off steam. BTW, Many "Sisters" that I know would need a lot more that this article to make them stop complaining.

The moral blackmail is here though "Murmuring was thus an expression of a lack of proper appreciation for Jehovah's provisions" So grumble about anything in the KH. and you are complaning against God!

I see this article as a prelim to next weeks , on the application of all this to the congo today. I think Blondie will have prepared the more important study.

As the article ends "The next article will show how godly qualities will prevent us from engaging in an even more dangerous form of murmuring - that is murmuring against the earthly part of Jehovah's organization"

BTW JGNAT's thread on "Confrontation " has a bearing on this since it quotes Acts 6.1 . It says (in summary) that these murmurers did not act as troublemakers but raised their concern in a proper way and the apostles acted on it. "Spiritual shepherds do not stop up their ears from the complaining cry of the lowly one" .Prov 21 .13.

Ok in principle - hard to find in practice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit