Would you die for your brother......

by loosie 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• loosie
    loosie

A thought popped into my head today.

Remember how inside the congregation we were taught that we should our love our brothers so much that we would die for them?

Now why were taught to trust and love our brothers and sisters so much mush that we would do that for them?

That is unhealthy to think that way. Why would we want to die for someone who for all we know go home and abuses their family or what not.

It's just not logical to be willing to die for someone who do don't know inside and out.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, the real question is would you live for your brother/sister?

If you never call a person, invite them over for dinner, say more than hi and goodbye at the KH, not know where they live, the names of the spouse and/or children, would you make good on a statement that you would die for them?

Blondie

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

No but I'd like to kill a couple.

I would even for my own brothers, haven't seen them in a couple years

• lesterd
    lesterd

The command is not about who, but about why. Its not the "brother" but the brotherhood. Ones death will not save another if they are unworthy of Gods forgiveness. But obedience to the principle is what brings reward.

• lesterd
    lesterd

u r so right on about living for someone

• loosie
    loosie

How is was presented to me was would you be willing to die for your brother during times of persecution.

Sorry but unless you are my spouse or my child, I'm not doing it.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I got no problem dying to try and save another human whether I know them er not. Do you have a problem with a fireman risking his neck to try and save your life loosie? Or do I misunderstand you?

• Flash
    Flash

I never liked the question, it's too broad for me. There are self righteous Witnesses who I have no interest in dying for, then there are others who I think are worthy persons, so I would consider it.

LOL, I don't know if thats what Jesus would do...but thats where I'm at now.

• Auchmull
    Auchmull

I would like to think that I would give my life to save others. I would not want to be the kind of person who would stand by and do nothing, even for a stranger.

• loosie
    loosie

I would pull someone from a burning car or jump ina lake to save a drowning person even if I didn't know them.

And I have much respect for fireman and police who do things like that on a regular basis.

But I guess what sticks in my craw is how it was presented to me that if during persecution would you choose to go before the firing squad so the pompus elder you know in your congregation wouldn't have to.

I mean we were suppossed to trust these people just because they were JW's even if we didn't know them and let them stay in our homes just because they were brothers or sisters.

Trust is something that should be earned. not given freely. The last few meetings I attended, I didn't feel comfortable letting my child run around the hall. I had to had her in sight all the time. These men in positions of authority have such a nice facade but who knows what they really are like behind the scenes. They could be child molesters. I wouldn't give my life up for a child molester.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit