Going through a tough time....

by Xandria 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    have worked on the other side of the phone with the same collections position and I know the fair debt and credit laws, when you have a pymt arrangement and call in to make that arrangement, only to find the arrangement broken (Not by us, by the company).

Do you have an attorney friend who you can use to write some letters or act as an agent in negotiating for you?

It is disheartening, as well as a mess. All this has left us short on somethings, worrying, scrambling, stressing.

Everything together can be overwhelming and in some respects be paralyzing - that in itself can create more problems. Take this with a grain of salt, but the following can be very effective in many ways:

List out each problem, therefore isolating them from the overwhelming "group"....

With each item, figure out your options and what you can do to take action to resolve each issue...

Work each issue, but try resolving the easiest first...if not resolving it, moving it forward...that way it becomes "positive" and it will motivate you and "open" you up to do more....

Think positive, knowing that all things can and will be resolved....expect doors to open...

After having said all of the above, I know it's easier to write than to do and I also believe you already know what I just wrote. But sometimes you need to hear or see it again. Eliminate the overwhelmingness by breaking the tasks down. Like the old say: "How does one person ever eat and Elephant?" - one small piece at a time....eventually the big 'ol Elephant will be gone.

my 2 cents (and like I said, take it with a grain of salt)...

Good to see you again..... {{{{{hugs}}}}}

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I have been under money constraints and STRESSSSSSS so many times in the last 20 years (including NOW thank you very much) that its a wonder I havent had a stroke. Its THE worst. Well I suppose cancer would be worse...but when you are in the thick of it it isnt. It robs you of your sleep, your appetite, your joy, your breath...and sometimes your marriage.

Keep peddling...keep your nose above the water...it will pass. It will.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Its only stuff and money. There will always be more and things will calm down. That is not a platitude, it is just plain facts. Most of us have been there to some extent and know how frustrating, angrying, scary and gut twisting it is. But it will pass and things will improve. And if you need to decide to move, try to do it after the worst of the storm has passed, so you can decide if that is what you truly want to do, and then decide and go forward and don't look back-whatever you decide. A re-fi might be in order if you can't trust that mortgage holder. Whatever will make you happier in the long run is the main thing. My husband was out of work for 3 years. I am so sympathetic!!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Its only stuff and money. There will always be more and things will calm down. That is not a platitude, it is just plain facts. Most of us have been there to some extent and know how frustrating, angrying, scary and gut twisting it is. But it will pass and things will improve. And if you need to decide to move, try to do it after the worst of the storm has passed, so you can decide if that is what you truly want to do, and then decide and go forward and don't look back-whatever you decide. A re-fi might be in order if you can't trust that mortgage holder. Whatever will make you happier in the long run is the main thing. My husband was out of work for 3 years. I am so sympathetic!!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Yes, (((((Xandria))))))))! I remember you from when we used to have a chat feature here on JWD.

I'm sorry you're going through such worrisome things. What comes to mind is changing your bank account number and debt consolidation services that can straighten this out in a heartbeat.....well, they're supposed to be able to do that. I hope you get some good help with this.

We miss you, yanno!!!

Major hugs 'n smoochies!

Frannie

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

(((((((Xandria))))))

I just wanted to let you know I care, offer a hug and tell ya to hang in there!

• Quandry
    Quandry

Maybe you could go through a technical school for a job in the medical field. You are almost guaranteed a job upon completion. And you can get assistance with the school fee.

Hang in. Been there. Things are better for my family now. Hope soon it will be for your's too. Keep working hard and try, try to keep your chin up.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Sorry you are having a hard time with whats being dished out to you.........I have just been through a flood of crap myself.

Its wear and tear is whats tough.

hang in there

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit