Questions they ask when I crossed the Canada US border

by JH 27 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I crossed the border and drove into the US yesterday, and here are a few questions he asked me.

The first question he asked me was, what's your nationality.....thats sounds normal

Then he asked, where are you going? Wisconsin I said

Next question: Why are you going there? I said to go to a XJW meetup.

Then he asked, is this your car?

Then his final question was, do you have any explosives in your car..........imagine if i would have said yes just for a joke....

• beautifulisfree
    beautifulisfree

Did they look for bottled water?? Good thing you didn't say yes!!

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

..imagine if i would have said yes just for a joke....

Well, lets just say that you might not ever get into the USA again!
    I remember a few years ago I went to Matamoros, Mexico with some friends. We spent a week there and were on our way back to the Carolinas on a Friday afternoon. We crossed the international bridge back into the US and then drove to the customs booth. I think they asked if we were US residents and asked for ID. They asked if we had anything to declare, and one of my friends said yes. He had that white Mexican cheese that he liked and a bottle of tequila. Then they asked if it was my car and I said yes. Then they said to pull into the inspection bay and remove our luggage from the trunk. Well, they checked out the car and found nothing (of course!) and said we could go. I did get nervous because they were waving through dozens of other cars and trucks while we just stood there. I guess a white guy driving an economy car with a couple Hispanic passengers must have looked suspicious!
    Dave

• james_woods
    james_woods

Years ago, I got stuck in Monterrey, Mexico when they cancelled my flight out. I absolutely have to be back in Texas within the next day. So, we hire the best mexican taxi that american money could find. It is a well-maintained old Plymouth Fury and the driver is a dignified elderly man all dressed up in a black suit and tie! So, we drive through US customs and they listen to my story and check my passport, bags, etc. I walk back out the door, and they have this poor guy's cab up on a garage lift in an inspection bay.

I ask around and find out that they spotted a patch on his gas tank. Somebody fixed a leak by brazing a piece of metal over the rust. These bozos actually remove the poor guys gas tank and slosh it all around to see what is inside. Finally, they relent and tell him he is OK to go - however they do not help him put it back together. They did let us have tools, though, and so we get it strapped back up there and hooked up again.

You talk about one indignant little old cabbie - and one pissed off young american engineer!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Then his final question was, do you have any explosives in your car..........imagine if i would have said yes just for a joke....

lol... reminds me of a South Park episode. Uncle Jimbo and his one-arm buddy were crossing the border coming back from Mexico with some illegal fireworks. The border guard asked him, "Do you have any drugs or alcohol?". Jimbo answered "No.". Then they asked him, "Do you have any fireworks or explosives?". Jimbo answered, "Yes. --- Damnit! I always get that one wrong."

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I remember when I went to Canada the first time....lol

Questions they asked:

Where are you going? I said Canada. *smiled*

What will you being doing here? I don't know, find a Moose never seen one.*bigger smile*

Do you have any weapons? No. (all I could do is giggle and think of saying yes)

Why did they let me in? I swear, I was at a bank to convert some money and I was singing the South Park song "Blame Canada" while standing in line...lol

What is wrong with me?

• morty
    morty

has my husband say's, GOD, answers to the US custom folks......

They dont have a good sense of humor at all....

• morty
    morty

sorry, double post

• Warlock
    Warlock

Don't mess with the border guys. They can get REAL serious, REAL quick........trust me.

Warlock

• frozen one
    frozen one

I rode my Harley across western Canada a couple of years ago. I took the ferry from Victoria, BC to Port Angeles, WA. Passengers for the ferry had to be inside a fenced off area before the gate was closed. After the gate closed US Customs agents came around to each passenger for the screening. I was asked my name and address and the reason I was going to the States. Then the agent asked for my passport which I didn't have so I was asked for my drivers license. The agent was studying my license and then asked, "How many stripes are on the US flag?" I said, "What?" and he repeated the question. I answered 13 and he asked, "What do they stand for?" and I said, "The original colonies" and he said, "Thank you. Enjoy your trip." I watched the agent as he made his rounds. The looks on people faces when he started asking US history questions was pretty funny.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit