Overrun with Watchtowers

by Swamboozled 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Swamboozled
    Swamboozled

So today I took a little time to go through the house and throw away all of my JW literature and old magazines. You would not believe the number of watchtowers and awakes in this house!!! They are freakin everywhere and seem to be reproducing! Where is the strangest place you've found an old watchtower or awake? The strangest place I found one was in the dog's kennel. She was probably using it to wipe her a$$.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

That's why I always let out a chuckle when I see the number of WT's and Awakes being published go up. They are printing over 27 million copies of the WT each issue and I bet about 600,000 of them are stuck around my house in every nook and cranny, collecting dust and waiting to be disposed of.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I had them everywhere too. I found some in the kid's toy box, it was probably a copy I made them "study" during the meeting. When I got rid of mine - I opened the second floor window of my bedroom and tossed them outside! I had to pick them up after that but the act of throwing them out the window was very liberating and I felt great afterwards. I hope the many JW nieghbors I have on my street saw me!

I now have a strong diversion to any religious group that has books or tracts to interpret the bible. I just open the bible and ask them to show me it in there and make them read the scripture in its entire context. Doing this in the past three years has kept so far the Dawn Bible Students and Mormons away.....LOL Lilly

fool me once, shame on you - fool me twice, shame on me.

• earthtone
    earthtone

Reminds me of the watchtower/Awake my mom left in the bathroom when she visited me this weekend. My husband asked if I put them in there, I said no my mom did, but I just left it in there of emergency purposes .

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Every publisher has a "stack of mags."

Once in one of my old congregations there was a request for publishers to bring in any old mags so that some poineers could work an unassigned territory. They finialy had to tell everyone to stop bring the mags back to the hall because they were overwhelmed with boxes and boxes of mags.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Oh I love to draw on them, and with a bit of White out and re-work some of the words to make them really tell the truth

ha ha ha

• james_woods
    james_woods

I would take a piece of any bet that says at least 25% of what they print ends up mostly in the trunk of somebodys car, later to be deep-sixed into the dumpster box. Probably many of them never get out of the shipping wrappers or boxes.

It does not matter to the Society, so long as they can get the pubs to pay the suggested contributions.

It mattered even less back in the old days when you had to sign up for a certain number and pay for them at a specified rate.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I hated all the paper clutter from the magazines. Even after we reduced the amount we got for the month they still accumalated into piles . It felt so good to finally throw them all away ! Then I boxed all the bound volumes up 1978-2005, and they are still sitting in the garage . We have fall clean up in Sept. I am hoping hubby will let me toss them then . No matter what they are not coming back in the house ..

• beautifulisfree
    beautifulisfree

Hey hey be careful when disposing of the mags...everybody knows the garbage men become witnesses!

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

that was hilarious! dog wipping his arse. lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit