The Gentiles Times Reconsidered--Again but this Time By Using the Bible

by thirdwitness 1380 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

thirdwitness,

You missed one again.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/118775/2092658/post.ashx#2092658

If you are right about Jesus beginning to exercise dominion in 1914, how can you possibly explain this verse?

Revelation 1:4-5 John to the seven congregations that are in the [district of] Asia: May YOU have undeserved kindness and peace from “The One who is and who was and who is coming,” and from the seven spirits that are before his throne, 5 and from Jesus Christ, “the Faithful Witness,” “The firstborn from the dead,” and “The Ruler of the kings of the earth.”

John identifies Jesus to seven 1st Century congregations in three different ways, one of which is identifying himself as having sovereignty OVER the kings of the earth. According to the angel that brought John this message from Jesus himself, Jesus was under the impression he was ruling over the earth in the 1st Century AD. Was John mistaken or are you and your leaders in Brooklyn mistaken?

I encourage saki2fifty and any other lurkers to note carefully whether the response to this post is candid, or stealthy, or nonexistent. So far, the response is twice nonexistent. Let's see if he'll make it three.

AuldSoul

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

thirdwitness,

your post 275, just proves my point. When Daniel is referring to FUTURE prophecy, he tells us. When Daniel is writing about PAST, FULFILLED prophecy he tells us. When YOU quote Daniel 4, you do so out of context.

Daniel 4 is reminding readers that it doesn't matter how grand you are, humility is required. Nothing more, nothing less. How do I know? Because, this is what Daniel writes.

I keep bringing this up because, it is what Daniel writes. You on the other hand keep emphasizing what the governing body writes.

In fact, I thought it was very honest of you to admit that you only believe what the governing body writes, even if it goes beyond what is written.

steve

• fjtoth
  • AlanF
    AlanF

thirdwitless wrote (# 265 page 21):

: AlanF said: You also failed to type in an important further reference that appeared in the Merriam-Webster reference, namely, to SECOND COMING.

: Here he is attempting to paint me as deceitful that I hid part of the definition of parousia in the Merriam Webster reference from the readers. What he fails to tell you is second coming is not part of the definition of parousia. Here is what it said.

Parousia
    One entry found for Parousia.
    Main Entry: Par·ou·sia
    Pronunciation: "pär-ü-'sE-&, p&-'rü-zE-&
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Greek, literally, presence, from paront-, parOn, present participle of pareinai to be present, from para- + einai to be -- more at IS
    : SECOND COMING

: Notice what I failed to type in is not the definition of parousia, but only a related subject.

You are about as dumb as a rock. It's no wonder you can't understand what's written in references or in the Bible.

First, what you quoted as the definition is actually the etymology. The etymology is not the definition -- it is the derivation.

Second, the convention in all Merriam-Webster Dictionaries is that a colon followed by a capitalized word or phrase is a synonymous cross-reference. Here is how my printed copy of Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary (G. & C. Merriam Company, 1979, pp. 17a, 18a) describes use of the colon:

A boldface colon is used in this dictionary to introduce a definition.

A cross-reference immediately following a boldface colon is a synonymous cross-reference. It may stand alone as the only definitional matter for an entry . . . A synonymous cross-reference indicates that a definition at the entry cross-referred to can be substituted as a definition for the entry or the sense or subsense in which the cross-reference appears.

Because "SECOND COMING" is the ONLY definition given, and is a synonymous cross-reference, it is the ONLY definition given.

For example, here is the entry for "drippy":

drippy
    One entry found for drippy.
    Main Entry: drip·py
    Pronunciation: 'dri-pE
    Function: adjective
    Inflected Form(s): drip·pi·er; -est
    1 : characterized by dripping; especially : RAINY, DRIZZLY
    2 : MAWKISH 2

Given your complete misunderstanding of how dictionary entries work, note how stupid your next comments are:

: Of course Christ's coming at Armageddon is a related subject. But it is not the definition of parousia as expounded by Merrian Webster and is not included in that definition by that dictionary.

Having made a complete fool of yourself, you then cast aspersions on me, out of your ignorance:

: AlanF is an slyly intellectual one all right. He will slyly mislead you away from God's people if he can with his all wise 'intellect' and big sounding words of confusion. But I'm sure that the honest readers are able to examine the information for themselves and see thru the rhetoric of AlanF.

And I'm sure that readers are quite able to see that someone so ignorant as to be unaware of how to read simple dictionary entries has no business trying to explain difficult material such as is found in many Bible passages.

Another thirdwitless post (# 264 page 21):

: AlanF prides himself on being an all wise intellect. Anyone disagreeing with him of course is a lying moron.

As anyone who carefully examines my posts knows, I reserve such terms for those whose own posts demonstrate that they are lying morons.

See above for proof that you are at best a moron. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and not say that you lied about the online definition of parousia.

: He says a lot of intellectual words that really don't say anything at all in disproving JWs.

We hear that from such scholastic bright lights as your compatriot 'scholar'.

: For example, he quoted all the sources about parousia. Here are a few of them that support the definition used by the WT:

Blah blah blah.

All of the definitions you gave are included in the ones I gave. All of the definitions you gave mostly exclude anything having to do with the definitions "arrival", "coming" or "advent". Who is being scholastically honest here?

Furthermore, as usual you've completely ignored the point that I took pains to state clearly: when multiple definitions of a word exist, context determines which definition applies. Here is what I've said:

According to the Watchtower Society, the focus of parousia is ALWAYS on the subsequent presence, not on the arrival.

The references I provided falsify the Society's longstanding claim that parousia exclusively means presence and cannot ever properly be translated as "coming", "arrival" or "advent".

Again, context shows what the writer intended. Even in English, the word "coming" can focus on the arrival, the subsequent presence, or both.

No, the definitions show that parousia can mean presence or the visit of a king. Context decides exactly what the writer had in mind.

(3) Context determines exactly what parousia should be translated as.

(4) Despite the grammatically possible meaning "presence" in Matthew 24:3, no modern scholars agree that it is contextually possible -- and I have yet to post the detailed reasons why.

Expository Dictionary of Bible Words (p. 65) says: . . . The context makes it clear that Jesus’ initial appearing is intended, for the disciples asked how they would recognize the sign of his coming.

Why do you continue to ignore the fact that context must decide what parousia means in a given passage?

: Maybe AlanF does not know what the WT teaches. Maybe he doesn't realize that for one to be present he must also arrive.

Once again you've failed to take note of what I clearly stated:

"Again, context shows what the writer intended. Even in English, the word "coming" can focus on the arrival, the subsequent presence, or both."

You obviously do not want to admit -- just as the Society has taken pains to conceal from its readers -- that parousia has multiple meanings.

: After the arrival of a king he stays and he is present.

That's right, but see the above quotation from Expository Dictionary of Bible Words.

: He thinks that in quoting these sources he has disproven that all modern day scholars disagree with the WT's translation of parousia.

Wrong again. The source references I gave serve to prove that parousia has multiple definitions. I cannot possibly take an exhaustive look at every extant scholarly work, so my statement is based on the fact that in many years of study I have never come across a modern scholar who agrees with the Watchtower Society.

: He thinks that if he tells you that they disprove the WT then since he is the all wise intellect of the DB you will have to believe him. Otherwise you will risk being labeled a moron.

No one needs to take my word for anything. They are free -- and I strongly encourage them -- to look up this material for themselves. What I do -- quite in contrast to you and the Society -- is give a lot of source references that tend to prove my point. And in contrast to you and the Society, I quote them competently and honestly.

: But really, look at the definitions above. Do they disagree with the WT's translation of parousia as presence. Or do they agree.

Again that's not the point. The point is: what does the context indicate, and what do modern scholars state about why the context determines a definition?

: And has he quoted every modern day scholar above and shown us that none agree with the WT's translation. That is what he has claimed

Yet another lie. I've claimed no such thing.

: so surely it must be true since he is the all wise all knowing intellect who far surpasses God's word because of its many failed prophecies.

The usual JW-defender ad hominem. Yawn.

: Now if AlanF said that none of the above sources gave the translation of parousia as presence then I would have something to refute since that would be a lie.

You're quite the expert at inventing straw men.

: Many do give that translation of the word. So what would you have me refute?

The Society misrepresents source references modern and old by quoting only the bits that show the definition "presence" for parousia. Thus they tell lies. You obviously disagree. Try refuting my demonstration that both the Society and you tell lies about this subject.

: I see no reason to refute sources that agree with the WT in translating parousia as presence. To do that would make me a moron.

Since you've completely misrepresented the issue here, this is meaningless.

Yet another thirdwitless post (# 266 page 21):

: Translations for Philippians 2:12 where the word parousia occurs.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. This happens to be one instance where context clearly shows that the focus is on the subsequent presence rather than the arrival. In other passages the focus is on both. And in certain passages the focus is clearly on the arrival. For example, 1 John 2:28 says (NIV):

And now, dear children, continue in him, so that when he appears we may be confident and unashamed before him at his coming.

Note that John is making a parallel between "appears" (Gr. phanerow; appear to someone) and "coming" (Gr. parousia). Clearly, the context shows that the focus is on the first appearance, i.e., the arrival, the coming.

Now note how the New World Translation buggers the meaning:

So now, little children, remain in union with him, that when he is made manifest we may have freeness of speech and not be shamed away from him at his presence.

The phrase "at his presence" is nonsensical. A presence is an extended time period, and this phrase makes no more sense than it does to say, "John went to Paris at his lifetime." A sensible statement would be, "John went to Paris during his lifetime."

So your argument involving Philippians 2:12 serves only to show that in some instances, it is proper to translate parousia as "presence", but not in all instances.

: The NWT consistently translates parousia as presence in every occurence. Just as it consistently translates nephesh and psyke as soul.

Yes, and in so doing it badly buggers the meaning of some passages, because it ignores the context and ends up with nonsensical renderings.

: Just as it consistently translates hades and sheol as hades and sheol.

In those cases there is generally a good reason to use a single word for the translation. But in many other cases, the NWT inconsistently uses a variety of English words for the same Greek word.

: Your attempts at discrediting the WT publications for translating parousia as presence makes evident what your agenda is. . .

The usual "you're an apostate" ad hominem deleted.

AlanF

• AlanF
    AlanF

Fisherman said (# 27 page 22):

: Alan. I need time to think and study what you posted in response to my post about what the wts says, that for 70 years the land lay desolate and no jew ever put his foot on the until the return, a literal 70 year period. I need more info in this, but as I remmember that was a teaching years ago.

It's also the current teaching.

: I have been persuaded to believe though, that the 70 captivity of Babyl is a literal 70 year period of desolation.

Why? Can you list the reasons? If so, can you harmonize them with the scriptural information I gave you?

: I go your link. thanks. Put in in my fav. I have to read the info, see what I think about it.

Ok.

: About the HS: AS and Alan. The view that I have expressed in based solely on 3w's argumentation on the HS AS post. I did not know anything about it before visiting this site and reading COJ.

As I told you, lean on thirdwitness and you're going to get burned.

: 3w raised doubts in my mind about the HS by showing that the HS is not reliable. (I mean the H Stele not the H spirit)

His 'arguments' consisted of nothing but speculation: maybe this and maybe that. By the same sort of speculation one can dismiss anything -- including the Bible. Thirdwitness gave no actual evidence.

: Part of the reason is that there are 2 copies of the work that possibly contradict each other and his other arguments.

You're confusing the Hillah stele with the Addad-guppi stele. The two copies of the latter do not contradict each other. I just received information confirming that the figure "6" that thirdwitness made such a big deal of, which is found in Pritchard's Ancient Near Eastern Texts, is a mistake (I'm working on finding out why the mistake was made). Three older translations of the earlier copy all have "9" there, so thirdwitness' only actual argument is wrong.

: AS: You say that the Society uses the HS to establish certain dates. I do not know if what you are saying is accurate or a fact, but it seems that if it is a fact that the wts uses the hs on one hand, it would not be fair to discard other parts of it. At least that is what it seems.

That's right. I need to clear one thing up, though. The Society does not directly use the Hillah stele to establish those dates, but has to use the information derived from it, which is published in any number of scholarly sources, to do so.

AlanF

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

As the subject has moved across to Matthew 24, I thought it appropriate to add this.

Matt 24 is an interesting chapter in the Bible for believers. All bible quotes are taken from NWT.

vs. 3 While he was sitting upon the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: "Tell us, When will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?"4 And in answer Jesus said to them: "Look out that nobody misleads YOU;

1914, 1915, 1925, 1975, 2000, Generation change, NGO Association, Aluminium, Blood, Transplants, God resides on the star Alcyone, Beth Serim, Child Abuse, Evolution Book, ....

v5 for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many.

v 23 "Then if anyone says to YOU, ‘Look! Here is the Christ,’ or, ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will give great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones. 25 Look! I have forewarned YOU.

Compare this with the Watchtower Jan 15, 2004;p.18: " How wonderfully Jehovah satisfies the spiritual needs of his loyal ones! Before his death, Jesus promised that "the faithful and discreet slave" would provide Jesus’ followers with spiritual "food at the proper time."p.27:"You can recognize this collective slave by observing its industrious teaching and timely warnings of enemy tactics. The evidence points to the spirit-anointed members of the Christian congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses".

v 15 "Therefore, when YOU catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, as spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place, (let the reader use discernment,) .

Compare Watchtower 1999, May 1; p.15: So in 1919 "the disgusting thing" appeared. In time, the League gave way to the United Nations. Jehovah’s Witnesses have long exposed these human peace organizations as disgusting in God’s sight.

From 1992 to 2001 the watchtower society with in association with the United Nations Non-Government Organizations DPI Department. To the extent that Paul Hoeffel, Chief of the NGO section wrote and explained thus;" This organization applied for association with DPI in 1991 and was granted association in 1992. By accepting association with DPI, the organization agreed to meet criteria for association, including support and respect of the principles of the Charter of the United Nations and commitment and means to conduct effective information programmes with its constituents and to a broader audience about UN activities. " : http://www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/pdfs/watchtower.pdf

v34 Truly I say to YOU that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.

Compare Watchtower 1992, May; p.7: Before the 1914 generation passes away, the Kingdom-preaching work will have accomplished its purpose. "Then," foretold Jesus, "there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short

With Watchtower, 1995 Nov 1, p.31: In the second or larger fulfillment, "this generation" would logically also be the contemporaneous people. As the article beginning on page 16 establishes, we need not conclude that Jesus was referring to a set number of years making up a "generation."

Then v 48 "But if ever that evil slave should say in his heart, ‘My master is delaying,’

Compare this with Watchtower Mar 15, 1980;p.17:In modern times such eagerness, commendable in itself, has led to attempts at setting dates for the desired liberation from the suffering and troubles that are the lot of persons throughout the earth. With the appearance of the book Life Everlasting—in Freedom of the Sons of God, and its comments as to how appropriate it would be for the millennial reign of Christ to parallel the seventh millennium of man’s existence, considerable expectation was aroused regarding the year 1975. There were statements made then, and thereafter, stressing that this was only a possibility. Unfortunately, however, along with such cautionary information, there were other statements published that implied that such realization of hopes by that year was more of a probability than a mere possibility. It is to be regretted that these latter statements apparently overshadowed the cautionary ones and contributed to a buildup of the expectation already initiated.

v.49 and should start to beat his fellow slaves and should eat and drink with the confirmed drunkards,

Compare this with KM August 2002,p.4: : Cooperating with the Scriptural arrangement to disfellowship and shun unrepentant wrongdoers is beneficial.

Watchtower Volume 1955, p.607 : [If a Brother continues to associate with a dissfellowshipped person] He should be strongly admonished, being impressed with the fact that by associating with the disfellowshiped one he is a companion of wickedness and that by his course of action he is dividing himself from the congregation to be with the wrongdoer. If after sufficient warning the publisher persists in associating with the disfellowshiped person instead of aligning himself with Jehovah’s organization he also should be disfellowshiped.

50 the master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect and in an hour that he does not know, 51 and will punish him with the greatest severity and will assign him his part with the hypocrites. There is where [his] weeping and the gnashing of [his] teeth will be.

Oh dear thirdwitness!

steve

• AlanF
    AlanF

thirdwitless wrote (# 268 page 22):

: No modern scholar agrees with the WT, right?

You fell head first into another trap. Keep it up, you're doing well in following the hooks in your jaws.

: How about this one.

Taken right from WTS publications, of course.

: W.E. Vine, M.A., was known in his day (1873-1949) as a classical scholar, a skilled expositor, and an acute theologian. Recognized as one of the world's foremost Greek scholars, his Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words, first published in 1939, now available in Vine's Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words, represents the fruit of his lifetime labors and is an unsurpassed classic in its field.

: W.E. Vine says: parousia does not signify merely a coming, it includes or suggests the presence which follows the arrival

: Of course, AlanF will probably say Vine is not a 'modern' scholar. Or simply call him a moron.

Vine was, for the most part, an excellent scholar -- except, as has been pointed out, when his adventist (really, dispensationalist) theology got in the way. But Vine cannot be considered a modern scholar because his views are obsolete. See below for why.

: And then there's Rolf Furuli. Do I need to bring up what he says about parousia. Or is he also not a 'modern' scholar and simply a moron?

Rolf Furuli is a joke. Furuli is much like the handful of Young-Earth Creationists who have gotten advanced degrees in science for one purpose: to get secular credentials so as to pretend that when they advance their religious views, they're really advancing science.

Furuli's book Persian Chronology has been thoroughly debunked by Carl Jonsson both in the 4th edition of The Gentile Times Reconsdered (pp. 353-381) and in several articles on his website ( http://user.tninet.se/~oof408u/fkf/english/epage.htm ). Anyone who reads Furuli's writings, such as Persian Chronology, quickly finds that he is incompetent both as a secular scholar and as a Bible expositor. I can easily provide examples.

If you want to bring up Furuli's writings on parousia, by all means go ahead.

To show why Vine cannot be considered a modern scholar, I'll give a little history of Vine's religious views.

The idea of an invisible return of Christ can be traced back to the "two-stage coming" or "secret rapture" theory originated in the late 1820s by the well-known London banker and Bible expositor Henry Drummond, who was one of the founders of Edward Irving’s Catholic Apostolic Church. Drummond’s theory was soon adopted by other prophetic expositors, including John Nelson Darby, the colorful founder of the Plymouth Brethren and father of Dispensationalism. This school of thought became prominent among British and American millenarians in the 1840s, and eventually "constituted one of the most significant elements in the history of Fundamentalism." (Ernest R. Sandeen, The Roots of Fundamentalism: British and American Millenarianism 1800-1930, University of Chicago Press, 1970, p. 61)

Dispensationalists hold that Christ’s return, or second coming, will begin with a "secret rapture" in which the church, the "the members of the body of Christ, both living and dead, will be caught away to dwell with Christ in heaven." (ibid., p. 62) This first stage of Christ’s return will be invisible to the rest of mankind. The second stage will be a spectacular revelation or public advent as described in Matthew 24:30 and the book of Revelation. Christ will be invisibly present "in the air" between the two stages. Dispensationalists argue that Jesus’ disciples in Matthew 24:3 referred to this "invisible presence" when they asked Jesus for a sign of his parousia. As we know, parousia can mean "presence," "coming," "arrival," "advent," "appearing," "return."

The idea of an invisible return caught on among the followers of the Adventist Nelson Barbour shortly after Barbour’s prediction that Christ would return in 1873 or 1874 failed. To salvage the prediction, they seized on the fact that parousia, used in Matthew 24:3 and usually translated as "coming," could also be translated as "presence." They found such a rendering in Benjamin Wilson’s New Testament translation The Emphatic Diaglott, which renders the part of the verse we are concerned with as "What will be the sign of thy presence, and of the consummation of the age?" They used this idea to explain how Christ could have come in 1874 without anyone noticing. So Barbour adopted the notion that parousia means "presence" to salvage his failed prediction. In 1876 Charles Taze Russell met up with Barbour and adopted his views on this, teaching that Christ’s invisible parousia or presence began in 1874.

Now, the August 15, 1996 Watchtower quotes Vine as follows (page 11):

Vine’s Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words says: "PAROUSIA, . . . lit[erally], a presence, para, with, and ousia, being (from eiemi, to be), denotes both an arrival and a consequent presence with. For instance, in a papyrus letter a lady speaks of the necessity of her parousia in a place in order to attend to matters relating to her property."

Here the Society’s writer partially agrees with the references I've given on parousia in previous posts, except that the definition quoted from Vine’s is incomplete. Parousia sometimes means "presence" only, sometimes "arrival and a subsequent presence," and sometimes "arrival" only. I've explained this at length in previous posts.

Oddly enough, Vine’s definition of parousia does not entirely support the Society’s definition, because the Watchtower article mostly argues for the meaning of "presence" only. This inconsistency seems lost on the Watchtower writer. He seems to have quoted from Vine mainly because Vine doesn’t allow for the meaning of "arrival" only, so he seems to support the Society’s contention that the focus of parousia is always on the aspect of "presence."

Why does Vine’s Dictionary appear to support the Society’s definition? Basically, because W. E. Vine was a dispensationalist, as described above (Vine was a member of the Plymouth Brethren sect known as the Open Brethren) and he adjusted his definition of parousia to match his theology. As explained above, dispensationalists believe in a "secret rapture" or "two-stage coming" doctrine of Christ’s return. Note what Vine’s Dictionary further says about parousia. It is virtually a direct statement of dispensationalist doctrine. Compare the language with the above description of their belief:

When used of the return of Christ, at the rapture of the church, it signifies, not merely His momentary "coming" for His saints, but His presence with them from that moment until His revelation and manifestation to the world. In some passages the word gives prominence to the beginning of that period, the course of the period being implied, 1 Cor. 15:23; 1 Thess. 4:15; 5:23; 2 Thess. 2:1; Jas. 5:7-8; 2 Pet. 3:4. In some, the course is prominent, Matt. 24:3, 37; 1 Thess. 3:13; 1 John 2:28; in others the conclusion of the period, Matt. 24:27; 2 Thess. 2:8.

Vine and a fellow-believer, C. F. Hogg, wrote several books defending the "secret rapture" idea. Concerning one of these, the well-known modern Bible commentator F. F. Bruce gave the following critical comments on their use of parousia in the eschatalogical system they espoused (F. F. Bruce in Percy O. Ruoff, W. E. Vine, His Life and Ministry, London, 1951, pp. 75-6):

Perhaps the most distinctive feature of Touching the Coming was their treatment of the word parousia. They insisted on the primary sense of ‘presence’ and understood the word in its eschatological use to mean the presence of Christ with His raptured Church in the interval preceding His manifestation in glory. . .

It may be questioned whether this interpretation of parousia does adequate justice to the sense which the word has in Hellenistic Greek. The writers did, indeed, appeal in support of their view to Cremer’s lexicon; but Cremer wrote a good while before the study of vernacular papyri revolutionized our knowledge of the common Hellenistic speech.

The Society’s reference to Vine’s definition of parousia, then, carries little weight. Not only is it based on a doctrine the Society views as a product of "Christendom," but it is as obsolete as the rest of its references. And of course, as F. F. Bruce clearly states, Vine's theological interpretation of parousia is based on outmoded ideas about koine Greek that have been revolutionized since the discovery of vernacular Greek papyri in the late 19th century.

So much for the claim that Vine is a modern scholar.

AlanF

• AlanF
    AlanF

A reminder for thirdwitless:

In my post # 4678 I asked you clearly the following crucial question:

Do you believe that the Society's reference to Josephus' use of parousia in the footnote for paragraph 11 on page 11 of the August 15, 1996 Watchtower fairly represents Josephus' actual use of the word? If so, why? If not, why not?

You said that you'd work on it. How is the work coming?

AlanF

• Death to the Pixies
    Death to the Pixies
    Rolf Furuli is a joke. Furuli is much like the handful of Young-Earth Creationists who have gotten advanced degrees in science for one purpose: to get secular credentials so as to pretend that when they advance their religious views, they're really advancing science.

Yes, you are correct-this has been shown with his newly achieved doctorate of arts in which his dissertation was on Classical Hebrew Verb forms. Clearly this was to advance his religious views. You, You, You moron! Said with love and feeling of course :>)

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    dttp: Yes, you are correct-this has been shown with his newly achieved doctorate of arts in which his dissertation was on Classical Hebrew Verb forms.

The point, I believe, is that neither of these qualifies him as an ANE scholar. He is a linguistic expert in one language. That is his field of expertise. He is not an historian, except where history pertains to language development and transition.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit