Let's assume 607 correct.... How can they prove that lead to 1914?

by AK - Jeff 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• moshe
    moshe

Yawn-

• Flash
    Flash

First, Happy Birthday!

I mean I understand the arguments they make - the calculations they lay out. I did it for 40 years myself as a witness.

1. 1914 has proven to be false anyway. What king would wait for nearly a hundred years after his silent enthronement to act?
    2. Isn't the whole thing just a foolish notion to begin with? Why did Jesus say no one would know the day and hour...
    3. I'm tired and headed to bed in a bit- but doesn't the entire matter seem just stupid and unworthy almost of real consideration?
    4. I just really wonder if there is any point to it anyway. Even if 607 is right - we know that JW's were never right about anything else anyway - so they certainly did not make a proper conversion of the Gentile times and end it correctly, did they.?
    5. History has essensially proven that by now hasn't it?
    6. Sorry for the rant - just seems like we are repeatedly trying to disprove something that has no basis to begin with. May we be tossing pearls into the swinepit?

I can forgive the errors in calculating dates, the problem I have always had is with their arrogantly presenting their conclusions about times and meanings as ABSOLUTE! The complete lack of humility in being open to the possibility that they might be incorrect is intolorable.

1. I don't think so, the evidence of WW1 and all the new weaponry that was developed so quickly is proof enough for me that a major change took place on earth. Prior to the 20th century weapons for thousands of years were very primitive. I consider the very rapid change in that area proof that Satan was cast down then. I believe he is no fool and saw his expulsion coming and prepared for it. So right after he was kicked out of heaven he was all set to wreck havok on the earth.
    2. The day and the hour ~ no. But the time in general yes, hence the Signs.
    3. Only if you no longer believe the promise of God's Kingdom on earth to be real. I hope thats not the case. None of us should let the errors and abuses of the WTS/GB stumble us away from that.
    4. JW's are not the only ones who aknowledge the promise of God to end wickedness. Lets say your right. The JW's are wrong and nothing will happen in our lifetime. Should we lose faith in the promise of God and His Son as a result??
    5. No.
    6. At one time, the basic teachings of the Witnesses all made sense to us. But the abuses we all suffered from the WTS drove us away from them. That doesn't mean they were or are wrong about everything. They will have to answer for their sins,as will we. Ultimately we are all going to stand before God's Son. We have to be able to say more than, "The organization you gave us made us leave you."
  • AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

First of all Flash, thanx for the well wishes.

I am sorry, but I can't buy the 'rapid advances in warfare' theory as significant in proving that 1914 has any biblical significance. This is another case of the Watchtower extrapolation of 'facts' that are not there to prove a point, isn't it?

As AS said, what about all the other tremendous advances in weaponry in past times - I cite the development of firearms as example. Certainly that changed the face of the world as it was known previous didn't it?

What I am saying is that, simply stated, 607 means nothing. It takes massive twisting and bending and a shotgun approach to scripture citation to get 607 converted to anything significant to begin with. Many threads here have proven that 607 is in error. My point is that error or not, it is a moot point.

Futhermore - the WTS does not attempt to point to a season. THey point directly to 1914 and specifically to Oct 4/5, of that year.

I futher predict that at some point - prob closer than we think, they have got to 'pull a rabbit out of the hat' and discard 1914. Just as the '1914 Generation' met a point where it was impossible to float that doctrinal view, so will the 1914 doctrine in time.

Can't you see the eighth generation of witnesses from now preaching in the year 2140 that Jesus clearly took kingdom power in 1914? They wouldn't have the nerve to keep it that long, so some time it has to go. They will make up what sounds to the robotic mind, a reason the date has changed or been dropped, and go on like nothing happened. Trouble is with this one - they will loose 50% IMO before the ink dries on the Watchtower.

My simple point is this; 607 is wrong. 1914 is wrong by default. So it has no significance biblically at all. And the formula that gets us to believe all that is just ludricrous isn't it?

Having lost faith in organized religion myself, the Theological questions you pose are on my mind, but of course I know Jw's are wrong, not becuase I was hurt, but because I have proved it to myself.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit