Leaving the meeting early

by beautifulisfree 29 Replies latest jw friends

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

You left EARLY? You have NO APPRECIATION FOR JEHOVAHS LOVING ARRANGEMENT!!! (echo echo echo)

Why do you think they TIME those damn talks??? Because they want to keep a military sphincter TIGHT hold on you so they can CONTROL you so they dont look BAD to anybody visiting or walking by the hall who sees people not RAPT sitting in their CHAIRS to the very last painful AMEN doncha know.

I absolutely ADMIRED the ones who were disfellowshipped who got to sit in the back of the hall, didnt have to make bullshit small talk after and before meetings and who got to LEAVE before the final amen was said...they were OUTTA there. And I wanted to go too!! But nooooooooooooooooooooo my husband who made us LATE for every damn meeting, liked to hang out and glad hand and bs after every damn meeting and made us all wait, me and three tired babies on a school night.

God...deeeeeep seated hatred still lurking here of that lifestyle we led.

• KW13
    KW13

rarely got to, unless i faked being ill/was ill/something came up - but i use to wish it happened more

• serendipity
    serendipity

I sit in the back, and it's no problem to leave. I'm not the only one.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

When we use to leave early (half time) and someone would ask why, I would just look at them and ignore them from that point on, if they persisted I would tell them its really none of their business, some would ask are you sick, and I would smile and say yes because I was sick and tired of hearing that b.s. from inside the hall.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

We NEVER left early,and always arrived a half an hour early...man'oman it was some hard getting up for school on friday mornings after a long thursday nite school and the other one.and then 45 minutes of 'fellowship.and then 45 minute drive home..man'oman,is my life good now...sigh..sure dont miss that crap..or all of the 'did you see what sister so and so was wearing?" stuff...whew...

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Towards the end, I used my kids a lot as an excuse. It was easy because they both have asthma and allergies. Anytime they sneezed a little, I bolted for the door. Sorry to say I used the kids but the kids LOVED leaving early! We used to drive to the park, go out to lunch or icecream while poor dad who was a MS was stuck there. (we had two cars and I always drove mine, just in case.........) LOL

• blondie
    blondie

Unless I had an appointment, if I dragged myself there, I would usually stay. I'm a firm believer in not going at all.

I loved coming just as the meeting started and leaving by the back door just as the "amen" sounded. That way no one could waylay me for a little "encouragement."

I had many productive tune out methods so I could stay.

I was at one congregation where 30% of the congregation showed up 15 minutes after the meeting started, and that was the elders.

Blondie

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

I hear you, sometimes it was midnight before we got to bed. And...my daughter is only ten years old,...on a school night? It was crazy, too hard to keep up with that.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

When the meetings went till 9, on tuesdays-the service meeting, a lot of times my mom took us home at half time and we only lived 3 minutes from the hall and sometimes we could watch Happy Days. . .I kind of enjoyed the SM though, that is when we got the 'announcements' and our hall was pretty active in disfellowshipments, reproofs, disassociations and generally scandalous things. ALSO that is when you get the best 'encouragment about the end times, the crude(YES CRUDE!) FS stories and some goofy little demonstrations. I was a geek about it till I was 14 or 15. After that article in the early 80's, the little discussion a honest elder had with us pretty much ended the romance though.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Leaving at funny times during a regular church service just means you are leaving early for a reason(no guilt) or working in childrens church, awana, nursery, helping with refreshments or teaching sunday school. Something other than listening to the kool aid talk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit