A coming out story to my mother.

by JennyBoo 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• never a jw
    never a jw

Welcome JB

I am glad that you found happiness and you are true to yourself.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

You have unconditional support from us here to choose your own paths!

See, that is beauty of people who respect one another...UNCONDITIONAL Support and recognition that YOUR choices are YOURS to make....you DO NOT NEED others approval.

In the end, we all choose things that may or may not be the same as one another...that isn't the point...ACCEPTING one another's right to choose is the point.

Live your life. Enjoy your choices. Be honest with yourself!

• Garrett
    Garrett

Congrats, girl! I wish you and your partner the best of luck in life. There will be times like these where the going gets tough, but stick together and you can make it through anything :)

Don't worry to much about your mom and worry more about yourself and your life.

• cofty
    cofty
    Hi JennyBoo, welcome.
  • DJS
    DJS

JennyBoo,

Welcome. Live your life to the full and let no one judge you. I hope you stick around and participate in our lovely forum.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Welcome, and may you always be happy with your life.

The ignorant responses that gay people get from JW's and many like them is quite irritating in the 21st Century, but we can do little to drag them here into the modern world.

They live in a bubble of ignorance that is based upon Iron Age myths and thinking.

My advice, for what it is worth, is to be patient and kind with your mother, but make sure she and her ilk do not spoil your life in any way, by restricting the way you choose to live it. After all, who you fall in love with, and spend your life with is just a set of natural occurences.

All the best for a wonderful future. !

• KateWild
    KateWild

Welcome Jennyboo,

I am glad you have come out as gay and a non witness. Well done for being true to yourself. Keep in touch with your mum, she may become more accepting over time, these revelations sometimes wake up family members.

Take care

Kate xx

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

No Consequence - "...she just basically told me she would not be supportive of me if I bring home someone other than a male."

Just imagine how conflicted she'd feel if you suddenly did bring a hot guy home...

...and told her you were moving in with him.

• TheListener
    TheListener
    Good for you JennyBoo. I'm happy for you. Telling your mom because it was something you needed to do for yourself is really mature. I hope you have a happy and fulfilling life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit