Your idea of the 'perfect day'....

by AK - Jeff 9 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

for me it is today. About 80F with blue skies, and a light breeze.

For some reason it takes me back to my days of childhood - I even took a somewhat nostagic drive thru my hometown today. Though most everything is somewhat [or completely] changed, I was transformed into a 10 year old again as I recalled the childhood friends I knew and loved then. I looked at the houses we lived in for a moment and felt memories rush in of the days when I played in the yards there, and felt a little sadness that the people there did not know of my memories of the place. The schoolyard is completely different and not much of the school building I knew is still there - yet I still felt drawn to the times we spent playing hoops or flirting with the neighbor girls there. It was like stepping back in time - all the people I knew and loved in that time [many are dead now] came filling my memories and I just kinda wanted to stop the train and get off in that easier time when life was simple. At times like that I just wish I could pick up the phone and speak to my brother [deceased now for 3 years], and moisture fills my eyes knowing I cannot.

A really Deja Vu moment. Wonder why that happens?

Jeff

• hambeak
    hambeak

Jeff that was beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you, for me it brings back memories of times with no responsibilities, just hanging out with my friends and having a good time on the beach in Santa Cruz, Ca.

Hambeak

• vitty
    vitty

Memories in childhood are huge...................nothing compares with the memories you have when you are a child...........unfortunately

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

My idea of a perfect day. I work midnights. I get home at 7:30 have a glass of red wine for my heart and to relax me, I look at my computer for a bit. I am in bed by 8:30am. I sleep till 2pm get up eat some fruit and coffee play my guitar for a half hour, then I go to the gym and exercise for an hour. Come home look at the computer some more, play my guitar some more, wait for my wife to come home and eat dinner, I do the dishes make my lunch for work. That is pretty much my perfect day. Nothing exciting actually kind of boring. But its familiar.

• juni
    juni

My idea of a perfect day would be 75 degrees, low humidity, gentle breeze and being with my friend holding hands taking a walk in a quiet place. Perhaps a picnic lunch on a blanket under a tree talking and cuddling with soft music playing.

Juni

• serendipity
    serendipity

A perfect day: 65 degrees, partly cloudy skies on the Oregon Coast.

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

My perfect day? Anything non-JDub. Anything after that is ancillary.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    At times like that I just wish I could pick up the phone and speak to my brother [deceased now for 3 years], and moisture fills my eyes knowing I cannot.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

purps

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

My perfect day happened while we were on vacation a couple of weeks ago.....A beautiful warm , breezy day with bright blue skies, on a white sand beach, playing in the ocean all day . We walked along the beach to a Bar and Grill that served lunch outside under a canopy with a live band playing Jimmy Buffet type music . it is probably the best most relaxing day I have ever had on vacation .AHHHHHHHH

• bem
    bem

Awww Jeff I understand all too well the overwhelming feeling we get to want to call and talk with brothers that have passed away.

This summer it has been the days spent in the backyard pool with my 6 year old grandaughter.

The long summer days while my children were growing up were priceless, we used every day we could at the lakes and river. *when not in service <> oh the losses

So far my perfect day involved a day at the beach by the sea, building sand castles and searching for sea shells. Nice warm day very little breeze. Near about perfect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit