DID YOU HEAR UNBELIEVEABLE STORIES WHILE IN JWS?

by badboy 21 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I heard when I was a teenager, 1960's that the world was going to end in 1975, and school and education was not important.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Oral sex is bad.

Two door vehicles are unChristian

Studies lasting more than six months are sent by satan to keep you from the REAL sheep

Bethelites live closer to Jehovah than anyone else in Brooklyn.

Kids will be resurrected fully clothed with their hair combed from the grave. So dont scatter your relative's ashes because it makes it really hard for Jehovah to reconstruct them and find proper fitting shoes.

Jehovah wants all Japanese people to be witnesses so he provided a rare set of printing characters to the Society to be used to produce a rare Japanese dialect Watch Tower they could read...and then millions upon millions of Japanese will drop their pagan ways and fill the halls there. But then there were no JWs who could speak their language when they got there, so they all got bored and went back to being pagans.

• badboy
    badboy

2 DOOR VEHICLES ARE UNCHRISTIAN,HOW COME?

• KW13
    KW13

Two folks went to study with an old man (who was into satanic stuff) and candles started floating, and the particular scripture needed at the time was in Psalms but when the sister looked, Psalms was missing from the bible.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    2 DOOR VEHICLES ARE UNCHRISTIAN,HOW COME?

Only Baptists have 2 door vehicles because they aren't concerned about anyone else's salvation. Jehovah's Witnesses have 4 door vehicles so they can take others with them to salvation. Well, that's the story I heard for 15 years. It must be true because it came from a pioneer.

• badboy
    badboy

YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS,MAN!

• KW13
    KW13
    Only Baptists have 2 door vehicles because they aren't concerned about anyone else's salvation. Jehovah's Witnesses have 4 door vehicles so they can take others with them to salvation. Well, that's the story I heard for 15 years. It must be true because it came from a pioneer.

a friend of mine was worried (very recently actually) about what folks would think if he got a two car door, i used to think this was a really good point - now i see how nieve folks are lol.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I heard the story about a god who lives in a specific place in the universe, somewhere. The wt society used to think that he lived in the pleides. Now, they are not sure of his exact location. This god is really converned about the minutia (sp) of the lives of people on this planet, which he suposedly created. This god used to to miracles and all kinds of great stuff, but he stopped. Another god, satan, lives on the earth, since the other god, the mighty god jesus, placed him here. Jesus, apparenlty lived here too, but not right on the surface like satan does. Jesus lives in the atmosphere at some level or other. Unbelievable.

S

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

JWs are always SERVICE MINDED and so buying a two door vehicle means that you arent thinking about service groups and the friends getting in and out of your car (with bags, donuts, McDonalds and baby gear in tow). People in my congregation used to literally look at you like you were selfish if your car had only two doors.

and yes...Im serious badboy

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

The 2-door car thing is great. I have one . That means I rarely have to drive in magazine-selling time. And when I do drive with more than one other person, their expressions of annoyance just make my day.

Seriously though, the only reasons why I got it were because the paint was good and there was a decent little sound system in the back.

On the subject of unbelievable stories...I really had a hard time believing all those "miraculous checks" stories, i.e.: "My rent was $600, and my utility bill came to $98.06, and I owed my friend $55.75. So I prayed to Jehovah and then went out every day of the month, and answered at every meeting. Then when my bills were due I got this letter from a sister who had extra money, so she gave me a check for $753.81!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit