Is it possible to go to university and still come out a dub?

by Crumpet 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

One of the things I learned in college was how to argue, how to make a case for something you don't believe in, how to debate on a subject exactly opposite to your convictions. Its like switching between the progressive(liberal) and conservative radio stations. After a while, it is all a bunch of meaningless twaddle. If you wish to ignore something you learn, its easy enough to do so. We do it all the time when listening to people arguing different subjects. You can see some of the other guys point, and like some of what that guy says but when it comes down to it, it is pretty monumental when you really change your opinion about something you believe strongly in, for whatever reason.

I have always been kind of conservative politically, even before I met my husband(at college). However, he is such a right wing, over the top conservative that he makes Rush L. look kind of liberal. His very ridiculousness is what is sending me leftwards, because its making me look again at things. I have been married 15 years now-but after a while, stuff gets to you! The university thing may not work instantly, but I imagine it has some long range consequences to those who attend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit