Hi Im new here.

by IP_SEC 57 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

My first post out of the box was "What is a dub?"+ I never introduced myself. So now is your chance to welcome me to the board!!!!!

Matt

(Shamless self promoter class)

Hello, I just found this site after doing some research on the web about Jehovah's name... Im not sure what to think of you apostate folks although you dont seem at all like the Society makes you out to be.

I just have one question... What is a dub?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Why, hi there, IP_SEC. Welcome aboard! I jumped in the deep end, too. I think I was around almost a month before I posted a "Hi, this is me" thread.

• done4good
    done4good

You have been here a lot longer than me, but welcome!

j

btw, I take it by your avatar you work in the IT industry?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Thank you jgnat!!!!

Yes done4good I work in IT. Can I assume you are done with the WTS for good? Hey cool another 33 y/o

• Alpheta
    Alpheta

Welcome Matt.

Hmmm, somehow, that doesn't sound quite right, does it - images of wiping feet come to mind... Er, Greetings, Matt, and welcome to the board. Yeah, that's better.

I'm new too. People here have a sense of humor, a great commodity that is, unfortunately, too much in short supply in the world today. Enjoy!

Alpheta

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I'm still waiting for the answer ....what does dub mean ? ...........waiting ..... .....answer please

• serendipity
    serendipity

Welcome Matt!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Welcome and hello IP ,Upee, We all Pee _Sec

• Arthur
    Arthur

Well, hello there Matt.

I just have one question... What is a dub?

Here is a promotional add that I wrote. Hope this answers your question.

WHAT IS A DUB?

1) They are people who go door-to-door and tell people that they are encouraging them to look into their own Bibles for solutions to problems, yet are taught by their leaders that independent Bible study is not enough to interpret it or gain salvation.

2) They are people who lampoon and ridicule Roman Catholics for puting their hope and trust in the Vatican and the Pope, yet are repeatedly told by their own leaders to put full trust and obedience in their own organization and Governing Body.

3) They are a people who insist on obeying what the scriptures say about "not adding anything to it" and use this to criticize the Book of Mormon, yet have repeatedly claimed that "flashes of spiritual light" come through the pages of the Watchtower.

4) They praise Catholics and Protestants who have had to courage to question their churches and clergy; yet are told to never question the "faithful slave class" or the Governing Body.

5) They are a people who celebrate the ransom and death of Jesus Christ by passing around emblems that 99.9% of the folks don't partake of. The emblems are like a married woman. You can enjoy looking at them, but don't touch!

6) They say they are the happiest people on earth, yet insist that if one in the faith is not "struggling", then there is something wrong with them.

7) They are the only ones who have the true religion because they don't do yoga, don't sing "Jingle Bells", don't cling their martini glasses, don't vote, and don't say bless you when someone sneezes.

WISH TO JOIN?

ACT NOW, SEATS ARE LIMITED, AND THEIR GOD PLANS TO WIPE YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN OUT IF YOU DON'T SIGN UP

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Hi Matt -

Welcome to JWD!!

It's a great place to be. You will find lots of good information here and will even make some new friends... I PROMISE

Seems like you are a little shy. Post a little more about yourself when you feel comfortable.

Spending some time could change your life. It will be time well-spent.

Enjoy!

-Aude Sapere. (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding.)

PS: Were we supposed to bring presents, too??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit