Why all the hostility toward WTS?

by hambeak 46 Replies latest jw friends

• LuciousJ
    LuciousJ

Hambeak, I'd like to read about it. Got any websites or links I can go to?

Oprah ROCKS!

LJ

• Gill
    Gill

Because they're lying, cheating, hypocritical, murdering, child molester protecting, money fiddling, tax fiddling, swindling, two faced, egotistical, money grabbing, life ruining bum wipes.

I hope this makes the situation clearer to you. I always could explain things in a succinct manner!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Why all the hostility toward WTS?

The question can work both ways. Why is the WTS openly hostile to everything it cannot control? Why have they been allowed to publish their hatred and hostility for over 100 years? Why should they be able to destroy the lives of innocent people who simply want to be left alone?

It is appropriate that they should "reap what they sow".

W

• hambeak
    hambeak

Thanks Lady Lee I agree totally control is their total way. I remember back in 1961 when my older brother was df'd for marrying a pregnant gal not his kid and CO's daughter at that. also their family and ours had been friends since 1945.

He was reinstated in 1963 as was his wife. To this day their oldest does not know my brother is not his biological father. I remember I was counseled not to talk or associate with him. This hurt as he is 14 years my senior. I admired and respected him.

hambeak

• I quit!
    I quit!

When I left I also never looked back but that hasn't prevented the Watchtower from constantly stepping in front of me. By this I mean that unless you are single with no family attachments to the Watchtower there stupidity manages to keep poping up throughout your life disrupting it in one way or another.

• lowden
    lowden

Hello Hambeak

Some people have suffered more than others, REALLY suffered as i'm sure you're aware. Different people deal with this in differing ways and from one day to the next they might be cool and then something triggers a tirade of anger. The WTS tries to hide behind a veil, a holy curtain but many, many people here know that it's an organisation that's as corrupt as any other religion that they constantly decried.

I'm not all that sure why you've asked the question actually. Surely you can see the answer?!?

Stay around Hambeak!

Peace

Lowden

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Hambeak,

Welcome... first of all !

I am glad with all you went thru, you don't have an "obsession" with anger. That kind of anger can and does sometimes destroy people, even 'Ex' Witnesses. "Suppressing" that anger is sometimes not a healthy either.

I'm not as angry as I used to be..."Ex-JW" sites have given me a place to go (remember the WT mantra, "Where else can you go ?"), a place to vent and for support. I lost my Mom (no blood transfusion), my marriage (after I became a 'spiritual danger', a doubter missing meetings) I was accused by my ex of anything she could throw, poisoning my 3 kids minds...two of which still shun me.

I've remarried to a non-dub wonderful woman and gone on with my life. But, with the heart-breaking shunning still going on especially by my kids...it's really hard to 'put it down' and walk away. One of these days my children will be back, there are good signs on the horizon, things keep happening that wear away the WTS's force field that has been over my kids for so long.

If you do need to vent -- do it here -- most of us have become good listeners and aren't too judgmental anymore.

(there are a few knotheads still around -- not too many, tho' )

Rabbit

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

There are alot of us on the board who are still really affected by the JWs. Our families are affected, our lives our affected, and some peoples futures continue to be affected. Many of us are dealing with situations where we are tying to help family members not view us as 'evil' and 'from satan'.
    I agree that there are people who just want to pick, make fun, and tear down the WTS for no other reason than because they where hurt and want to hurt back. They are on this forum. But that is not everybody. I like to come here for support, discussion, and to talk about the issues that are important to me (and others). Sometimes this seems like we are tearing down the WTS, but in reality we are just doing what most JWs arn't even able to comprehend. Thinking about the WTS in a critical (but not hateful) manner. No religion should fear an open and honest discussion of it's practices, and I think that there is much of that going on here (but for some reason JWs don't like it that much?!).

• done4good
    done4good
    Thinking about the WTS in a critical (but not hateful) manner. No religion should fear an open and honest discussion of it's practices, and I think that there is much of that going on here (but for some reason JWs don't like it that much?!).

That's exactly it. Anything that is critical of the WTS, seems hateful to the average jw. Most of us thought like that at one time or another. Jws are just not used to that sort of open forum, as it is not allowed in the org. Hopefully, if you stick around a bit, you will see that most of the persons here are not hateful, just honest. If there IS any hatred, it is usually only aimed at the entity of the org itself, and not the individual.

j

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Because they have taken my family from me.... I want my parents back. They feel dead to me. That's a scarey feeling! I was so fortunate to have 4 living grandparents and now its like they are dead. Its like having that wish that you could just see that person one more time. If my entire family (36 of them) had been in the world trade center, you wouldnt be asking why I have this hostility towards the men who flew the planes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit