Whole congregation members disfellowshiped?

by Sacchiel 17 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I know of a congregation where most of the members signed a petition and sent it to headquarters. The congregation was dissolved and each person who signed was investigated and most were DF'd. The ones who did not sign were sent to other congregations. It was a young congregation in that few people had been baptized more than 5 years. I guess they didn't understand that you did not question the organization.

Only individuals are DF'd, but congregations can be dissolved and the "loyal" ones reassigned to other congregations.

Even if the WTS is wrong, the WTS says it is wrong to point it out to them....remember the phrase "wait on Jehovah"? The WTS points to the example of Uzzah who reached out to steady the ark and died on the spot.

w73 6/15 p. 370 pars. 25-28 Are You Ready for Life in God’s New Order? ***

God’s law specifically prohibited any but the authorized priestly representatives from touching the sacred ark, on pain of death. The law was publicly known, and as Uzzah was undoubtedly a Levite (but not a priest), he should have known better than others God’s express command. He chose to violate that command, perhaps assuming that circumstances warranted it. He may have felt that if he did not act to steady the ark it was sure to fall. If so, he lacked faith in God’s power to care for matters in such a way that none of his servants need disobey his express commands. On the other hand, he may have thought he had an opportunity to make a ‘hero’ of himself, gaining lasting fame as ‘Uzzah, the man who kept the sacred ark from falling.’ Either way he showed disrespect.

Unscriptural actions and methods, presumptuousness and usurpation are never justified. With so many causes for rejoicing in God’s new order, any initial conditions then reflecting human imperfection should not cause us to become heated up nor to speak or act rashly. We need to ‘keep our senses in all things,’ realizing that the principle, "better is the end afterward of a matter than its beginning," will hold true even in the thousand-year reign of God’s Son, and "better is one who is patient than one who is haughty in spirit . . . for the taking of offense is what rests in the bosom of the stupid ones."—2 Tim. 4:5; Eccl. 7:8, 9.

If we are not authorized to act in a certain matter, we can inform those who are. Rather than thereafter impatiently try to ‘steady the ark’ ourselves, we can then show trust in God’s direction of matters, confident that in time he will cause only good to result. As Psalm 4:4 counsels: "Be agitated, but do not sin. Have your say in your heart, upon your bed, and keep silent."—Compare Psalm 63:6-8.

We can, therefore, prepare for God’s new order now by showing respect for the arrangements his Son puts into effect in the Christian congregation, having the certainty that Jehovah God and Christ Jesus are never uninformed or unaware of things needing adjustment or correction.
  • sspo
    sspo

I've heard of the whole body of elders being removed for allowing certain things to go on in the cong.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I've never heard of such mass df'ing in the UK. The nearest thing to it was about 12 years ago when, after a party in the upstairs room of a oub got out of hand, 11 jws from the area were df'd at the same time, from the various congregations. There are 8 congs in this are, and only 2 of them weren't affected.

Three elders were removed at the same time in our kh about 5 years ago, and two of them are no longer jws.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I knew of a mass disfellowshipping in the Westchester (Miami) congregation in the early 1970's. I don't know the details.

• Sacchiel
    Sacchiel

I wasn't expecting to receive many responses since I found the circumstances very extreme. I am aware that years ago, in a congregation near here, there was a late night party which resulted in new generations within a nine month period.

That was in Bonham, Texas. Only, the Society did not hand over the Kingdom Hall, they lost it in a court case with the Elders!

They all left the deception of the WT? Any details or links?

Mass DFs, I would think congregations would never recover, but of course, 1975 is a good testimony.

• jason bourne
    jason bourne

More details on the texas incident would be dearly appreciated...does anyone have a link or the story?

• blondie
  • badboy
    badboy

WASN'T THERE A CASE IN SOUTH AFRICA where possibly 3 congregation collapsed when someone found out about something(possibly photocopies of past statements),one person got DF,then several other people found out what was going on,so were df and so on, about 3 congregations collapsed and a lot from congregation also left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit