What have you "fixed" recently?

by JH 32 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I think I fixed my computer....

It was always turning off for no reason. I opened it up and cleaned the fan, and the computer goes well now....lets hope it will last.

Other than that, I don't fix many things.

• kls
    kls

My push mower that i use for small areas that my lawn tractor doesn't fit in to. Ya know the grass shoot a push mower has , well it kept falling off when i was useing it to cut the grass. The other day it fell off when i was useing it and i ran it over with the mower and now its in little pieces . So i guess you could say i fixed it real goodIt ain't gunna fall off no more

• lostlantern
    lostlantern

I put extra shelves in my kitchen cabinets. Ran the table saw, measured and power drilled all by myself.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I fixed my toilets recently, and it's time to fix them again. The stupid chain keeps breaking, and then I have to open the tank to flush it. I must have gone through a dozen new plugs and chains in the last 2 years. The guy who came up with the stupid design must be a billionaire by now.

W

• Gregor
    Gregor

Funny how we put up with various little things around the house that needed fixing for weeks or months then when we put the house up for sale I run around and fix everything! a little paint, a little plumbing, a little electrical, a little carpentry and a lot of yard work.

• mandivided
    mandivided

I just fixed the clutch slave cylinder on my car. Shifts great now...no more grinding gears!

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

My driveway.

Up by the house the drive is concrete. It was pitted and stained and looked yucky. I bought concrete resurfacer to spruce it up. Prepped the area, mixed, squeeged and trowled. It looks much better now.

Tonite I'm learning how to change the sparkplugs on my suv and do an oil change.

BB

• james_woods
    james_woods

My proudest moment as a do-it-yourself guy was when the Sears repairman told my GF that the gas clothes dryer was "unfixable" and therefore we had to buy a new one (and probably a new washing machine so they would match). I was a starving newly divorced man in the mid-eighties and really did not want to do this - so -

I took it all apart in my garage, checked it over with a digital VOM, and found a faulty ground line to the drum motor. It came around with nothing but a new wire crunch splice.

I used the money I saved to buy a new set of BFGoordrich Radial TA's for the RatDog.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Just this morning, our dryer was working, but the heater wasn't heating. I took the back off the dryer, found where the wire burnt in two. Re ran the wire, put a couple of new StayCons in, it works fine now.

Before that, I freefloated a set of AR15s the other day, replaced my roomate alternator, changed a coworker's tire...

I'm pretty handy.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I want to fix something now

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit