Did you ever hear this? J Dubs go out on a boat because end of the world?

by jrjr4189 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Highlander
    Highlander
    James,

I know now how really entrenched in JW thoughtspeak I was in 1975, but these things are like another bolt of shock for me! People really got guns to defend their stuff? I always thought that Jehovah would protect the ones he wanted to live and that it showed a lack of faith to stockpile anything at all. Did the elders know that these people were doing this? The Society wrote about survivalists and they were always associated with worldly people who were faithless.

I can't get used to hearing more, more and yet more disturbing things!! Where was I all these years! AAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!

Actually, the elders were some of the worst offenders regarding the survivalist mentality, stockpiling foods, gasoline, weapons, etc. in my example of my grandpa and the additional witness that I spoke with,, they were both elders at the time.

• willy_think
    willy_think

I remember this one elder ending the Sunday meeting with “I don’t know if the next time I see you will be in this system or the next” I was just a kid in 75 but I’ll remember this always because I was the only one to laugh and when I said “I do” the looks I got made me feel like I was shit. I wasn’t even sure why I was so bad till later on, I mean I know it was going to be this one, how could all the grownups not know. The hole 75 “get ready for the end” came from the top down like everything else within the org, in a back handed, carefully crafted way. Anyone suggesting Armageddon was not upon us was corrected. “The few over zealous brothers” story came later.

• Gill
    Gill

My parents keep a wardrobe and loft stocked with dried and canned food supplys and the best thing.....a garden shed packed with home made wine....all ready for the Great Tribulation.

My father's boot of his car is organized and packed with emergency rations ready to 'tun to the hills' when the Tribulation begins, just incase his neighbours come after then because they've been 'right all along!'

God! It wasn't until this thread, that I realised how insane they are! Now, I can't stop laughing!

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

It seems that the consensus of opinion is that having a storage room with canned goods and supplies is insane. I wish everyone would do this. My husband always said it would take three days to empty the grocery shelves even if there was a nation-wide trucker's strike. What about natural disasters? It doesn't have to be a Great Tribulation. This is one area where I agree with the Mormon's who believe in having one-year's supply of food. I feel it's better to be prepared and not need it than to not be prepared and need the supplies. Besides the supplies can be rotated and used in a timely manner if they are dated.

• Gill
    Gill

Boonie - Good point. However, in the UK it is illegal to hoard food supplies. Also, the difference is the 'reason' for the hoarding of supplies. Always being in fear of the 'end of the world' is really not healthy. Being prepared for a truckers strike is sensible but still another kettle of fish altogether.

• Gill
    Gill

Sorry Bonnie! Typo!

• KW13
    KW13

omg the dubs are nutters!

i remember i used to stare at the pics in magazines, wondering how long now before i saw these things and wondering where i'd hide so i didn't have to keep watching e.t.c

the idea that God would protect these nutters is just lunacy, IF you believe in God you believe he loves everyone the same. what differs the dubs from any other religion? nothing!

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    However, in the UK it is illegal to hoard food supplies. Also, the difference is the 'reason' for the hoarding of supplies. Always being in fear of the 'end of the world' is really not healthy. Being prepared for a truckers strike is sensible but still another kettle of fish altogether.

I'm sorry the Uk doesn't care for it people more than that. Perhaps the word "hoarding" is a bad word. "Hoarding" may imply taking supplies away from other people. How about the word "preparedness"?

I don't feel the reason for keeping supplies should enter into it. How does one know if when he/she is setting food aside, whether there will be a trucker's strike, an ice storm, power outage, hurricane or a "great tribulation." A "great tribulation" does not have to mean Armageddon. It could mean civil unrest, war, pestilence, unemployment, a host of other things. I believe that preparedness does not mean to hoard or to take away from others. It means that in a time of plenty such as "seven fat years" to prepare for "seven lean years" there should be provisions for the family and to share with our neighbors. (Geneses 41:44-57). After all, Christ himself fed his neighbors.

Clyde can speak about this from personal experience. He has lived through times of "plenty" and times of "need."

• Mistah MOJO
    Mistah MOJO

Yes, this story is true, and I am reproducing herein the transcript of the interviews conducted with these JWs:

"Good evening folks, this is Jake Spitzer with WALK in Pacific Palisades. Tonight we're interviewing a group of Jehovah's Witnesses who are about to embark on an Ark. Forgive the pun, but these folks literally believe that Armageddon is about to happen, and for some reason they feel safer on a boat. Mister Franz, are you a seasoned sailor?"

"Why sure, I be! I'm a salty dog I be, arrrr. Buggery on the High Seas, that be for me!"

"Buggery? I thought you were a bunch of religious weird..."

"Shut up or I'll run ya thru! I'll give ya a free Kryptonite Bible for a some hea.."

"Are you nuts?"

"Ha! That be what the evil spiritis wantcha to believe, arrr. Crafty they be, arr, and a wee bit barmy."

"Ummm, ahhh. I'm not sure I understand this at all."

"Would ya likes a free home Bible study?"

"What?"

"A FREE HOME BIBLE STUDY! Ya comes with us and I'll show you the Mysteries O' the Universe. Didja know that I'm Jehovah's Mouthpiece?"

"Look, no, I didn't and I don't think..."

"Arr, thinkin be fer fools, it be! Just trust Capn Franz and I'll open you up! I'll always be right behind you! Wouldja likes to see Jehovah's Mouthpiece?"

"Hey pal, are you insinuating..."

"IN SIN? By the Beard of Jehovah Gyrascope, why I be beyond sin! I'm the Faithful and Discreet slave! You can tie me up aboard this ol' tub and have yer way with me. I'm discreet and a slave!"

"How did we get off on this tangent? Look, does you voyage really have anything to do with..."

"The end o' the world? Nar, it be about havin sum fun in international waters, and revealin' God's Willie to the Jonadabs."

"Jonadabs?"

"Arrr, you an Pecker the Parrott be Jonadabs ye be. Live forever on a pradise earth! Just come aboard and sail the seven seas with Good Capn Franz!"

"Is this a candid camera stunt? Stud, what the fuc..."

"SHUT UP ya wee litttl.."

BAM!

"This is Jake Spitzer of WALK signing off."

• KennyC
    KennyC

They must have turned down the two helicopters and weren't about to miss the boat, eh ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit