God and Protection

by Norm 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ex-perfectdaughter
    ex-perfectdaughter
    The Bible has a simple and clear explanation for why mankind is in such dire straits: man wants to rule himself and ignore the simple fact that creation needs to obey the Creator. Why should he do so? Because the Creator knows man inside and out in perfect completeness. God did indeed bear the wrath of sin Himself in Jesus Christ. He has offered grace and mercy instead of judgement. God did not create puppets or automatons. He created persons that He could have a relationship with. He did so knowing that man could and would choose to rebel. He offers a clear choice for us in this world or the next: life eternal with Him or life eternal without Him. Suffering happens because man has chosen that path. God made that path right and straight. If you could look past your bitterness you might just be able to see the Lord reaching out to you.

Nothing and no one can touch me, nor the love for God and from God. That is why Christians perservere to the final breath

God bore the wrath of sin for us???? If you believe the story of the bible about the suffering of Jesus on the stake or cross whatever you want to call it and you believe that those 48 hours of suffering that Jesus went through "bore the wrath of sin". How does the suffering of little innocent children for years and years, that makes the 48 hours of Jesus' suffering look like a piece of cake, prove anything? God really wants children to suffer to prove a point to his arch enemy?? NONSENSE

If man wanting to rule himself is the root of all evil, weren't we created in God's image? If wanting to live forever is put in our minds because we are created in God's image, if our sense of justice and our sense of humor..etc is because we are created in God's image then maybe wanting a little independance (like what we want for breakfast) is just a chip off the ole block. If we were created in God's image then why does He blame every f@@king bad vice that we, weak fraile humans have, on Satan?

If God didn't create puppets or automatons, why after the first mistake, the very first dietary mistake, he doomed billions of people to a lifetime of suffering? Sounds like a control freak to me.

Christians persevering to the final breath proves nothing. So do suicide bombers.

• Dansk
    Dansk

LOL @ EPD! Rex, I'm afraid you're letting your faith in a book which is proven to be based on fables and downright lies determine your thinking. Have you personally seen God? Has anyone you know? Obviously, then, your beliefs are based on faith alone. Why is it so difficult to accept that what Norm says is right? Are you afraid of God and if so why? If we are made in God's image then we should reflect this image in our dealings. For example, if we see a child in distress we automatically want to help - so why, then, did God allow little children to walk to the gas chambers holding their mothers' hands? Surely, if God is all loving and hates to see distress he would have stepped in. We would! I'm sorry, but I turn to history, archaeology and science now to help me understand life and its complexities. And, as most people know, I am passionate about Buddhism - because Buddhism does not try to be above science! It accepts it and believes. I have no proof that God exists or not but if he does I don't see what influence he has on my spiritual growth. Sincerely, Ian

• Norm
    Norm

Hey all, Good to see I am not alone in having reached the same conclusions as you have.
    It is great that we can finally use our thinking ability to what it was intended for instead
    of running round in an endless loop of superstition and nonsense as our "friend" with
    the presumpeous moniker "Shining One" apparetly does. Thanks to you all for your kind
    comments and encouraging words. I do not comment much these days but somehow when I on rare occations get my hands on a WT magazine I can still feel the urge to write something
    flare up :-)

Take care,

Norm

• Norm
    Norm

Ello "Shining one",

You spewed forth:

Uh Norm,

How do you even get out of bed in the morning? I have never seen you post anything except rants about 'how bad everything is because God is bad and dpesn't do things the way Norm would.'

>We can only give life meaning by behaving as ethical and moral beings, helping each other and cooperate with each other. We don’t need a fantasy, a God to do that, we don’t have to bullshit our self

How do you arrive at what constitutes 'ethical behavior'? Would it hinge on your own idea of 'ethical behavior' or someone elses, say and Imam over in Iran? Or, how about an abortionist or a Hindu who believes in the caste system of human worth? Where does the standard come from and who sets it? If there is no God then there are no viable ethics or morals, everything is relative, and that is the logical delimna that you are in right now.

The Bible has a simple and clear explanation for why mankind is in such dire straits: man wants to rule himself and ignore the simple fact that creation needs to obey the Creator. Why should he do so? Because the Creator knows man inside and out in perfect completeness. God did indeed bear the wrath of sin Himself in Jesus Christ. He has offered grace and mercy instead of judgement. God did not create puppets or automatons. He created persons that He could have a relationship with. He did so knowing that man could and would choose to rebel. He offers a clear choice for us in this world or the next: life eternal with Him or life eternal without Him. Suffering happens because man has chosen that path. God made that path right and straight. If you could look past your bitterness you might just be able to see the Lord reaching out to you.

Nothing and no one can touch me, nor the love for God and from God. That is why Christians perservere to the final breath.

Rex
    Got out fine this morning and after a couple of coffe reading the news I am now here wasting my time responding to your superstious rant. For thinking people it is quite natural to arrive at what constitues ethical behavior. That was done loong before the Bible arrived in it's present form. Ancient Chinese and others had formulated excellent standards for ethical and moral behavior. You seem to be under the usual delution that without, insane superstious religion people would go ape and lose all sense of decency and moral. People like you might do that but sensible decent people don't need the threat of a bad tempered homicidal maniac God hanging over us to make us "behave". We actually do it because we genuinely want to be decent human beings. A simple concept seemingly impossible for a legalistic superstitious person to grasp. The Bible is a complete mess and now I am talking about the real Bible, not those carefully selected few least embarrassing texts that you and mother in Brooklyn has picked out and tried to make some sense of, without much success I might add. I see you are "playing back" the ususal canned regurgitated superstitious drivel that has been "taped" on to you in the KH. Complete nonsense void of anything but a demonstration of how a deeply superstitious mind works. It is inded sad to behold a being so unable to differ sheer fantasy from reality, but alas we know how it works. You don't have to tell us, unfortunately we know that no sense, no amount of truth reasoning and logic can "touch" you. Somehow you have lost that ability at some point in you life, it is indeed tragic and sad. You see "Shiney" everybody "persevere" to their final breath it's not unique to you. Norm
  • lowden
    lowden

Hello Dansk

Your comment above about the gas chambers made me think of an interview that took place with a Jewish survivor of the 'death camps' that was broadcast o Radio 4 a while back. He said of god......'MENE, MENE, TEKEL and PARSIN, god has been weighed in the balance and found wanting'. An apt reversal of scriptural denunciation.

Peace

Lowden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit