Do JWS have a relationship with God................?

by vitty 17 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

How many JWs have a REAL relationship with Jehovah ? I thought I did but looking back it was a relationship with the organization that I had.

I did pray, it always went something like "Oh please Jehovah make me more appreciative, and stop me being so negative, bored at the meetings and help me to enjoy the FS "

I always felt the "third voice " you hear while reading the WT, was Jehovah, I know it sounds nuts but I think this is why even though I had doubts, I always pushed them to the back of my mind

Questioning stuff in the literature is like questioning God himself

As for Jesus, well I think we all know the answer to that one.

So what was your relatiomship with Jehovah like ??????????

• zeroday
    zeroday

Non existent. I am no longer enslaved by a deity .

• Arthur
    Arthur

Wow, vitty, you totally summed it up.

My relationship with God was merely nominal. Like it or not, I now realize that I really worshipped the Watchtower Society. Why do I say this? Because I subjugated myself to the organization as a tangible representation of Jehovah God. There is a word for this. It's called idolatry. I was doing the very same thing that JWs love to criticize the Catholics for doing: showing divine reverence toward an earthly church and it's authority structure. JWs blast Catholics for showing such reverence for the Vatican and the Pope. But, they show just as much reverence toward the Watchtower Society and the Governing Body who euphemistically calls itself the "Faithful Slave".

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

When I became a jw, I really thought I did have a relationship with God, and leaving the wts would end that relationship.

Looking back, I realise that my leaving didn't end my relationship with God at all, I never had one to begin with. All I had was a relationship with a man - made religion run by a few old men in Brooklyn. Not much of a loss at all.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    All I had was a relationship with a man - made religion run by a few old men in Brooklyn. Not much of a loss at all.

Yeah, so very true.

My, oh, my, what would we have done without those pictures in the Watchtower showing us how to dress and comb our hair? What would we have done without those demonstrations at the assemblies showing us how to ask our boss for time off of work to attend the very assembly that we were sitting at.

I'm surprised that they didn't print an article in the KM explaining the theocratic method for going to the bathroom. I could just see it now:

"Yes brothers, and when you are done urinating, shake it softly, but don't shake it too hard, as this may arouse unclean thoughts in our minds. We would not want to do anything that would jeopordize our priviledged relationship with our Grand Creator now would we? Let us therefore, put on the new personality and do all things for God's glory; including how we shake it after urinating. By showing such obedience, we are showing that we are making our advancement manifest, and that we are presenting ourselves as a clean vessel in Jehovah's spirit-directed organization".

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    My, oh, my, what would we have done without those pictures in the Watchtower showing us how to dress and comb our hair? What would we have done without those demonstrations at the assemblies showing us how to ask our boss for time off of work to attend the very assembly that we were sitting at.

Yes Arthur, those are such essential skills lol. I somehow think I would have struggled through life without them though.

• KW13
    KW13

the whole thing is concentrated on books, study e.t.c and thats how you measure spirituality, going to church couldn't be more different.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I did some fervent praying. But, i can't say that it felt like there was another person there to have had a relationship w. Now, i see why. Jehovah is imaginary.

S

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Nonexistant!

That was and is the hardest thing for me after leaving. I had no relationship wiht God, and although I've really tried, I still don't. I've been to churches and seen people really worshiping, but I stand there and can't get into it.

Being a JW the focus is not on "worship", it's on preaching. That is the sole purpose of the JW religion. Everything else takes second stage.

BB

• vitty
    vitty

Arthur where you by any chance on the WT writing team

Bumble bee. ......... Ive tried and tried to have a relationship with him................I even thought id pray to Jesus, but nothing............So am I damned because I dont feel anything...............I dont think so..............I watched a programm about the brain and apparently religious feelings come from a certain part of the brain. I really think the need to worship is a chemical imbalance..hah ha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit