607 website - part 1

by Jeffro 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

In any event, whether its 586 or 607 is neither here nor there because the 'tree' that was chopped down is obviously the Babylonish world empire, not Jerusalem. The 'tree' vision and the 'image' vision (head of gold was Nebuchadnezzar) were parallel visions, both starting with the Babylonian world empire. The 'holy watcher' that chopped the tree down was the angel that wrote 'mene mene tekel parsin' on the wall in Belshazzar's royal court in 539 on the very night of Babylon's overthrow by the Medes & Persians. The 7 times therefore started in 539BC. They are not 7 x 360 years; the words 'seven' and 'times' are just figurative and simply mean some divine period of time being perfectly completed. The '7 times' is thus nothing more than a symbol of the limited period of time that God has set for human world rulership over the earth until Christ finally takes power as the one who has the 'legal right'.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Moommanchu said,

If 1914 can be calculated using the bible as jws say,

they then make Jesus a liar. He should have known about 1914!!

How did Barbour and Russell figure it out but lil ole Jesus and the angels couldn't.

Am I missing something???

no one knows about that day hour, not even the angels in heaven,nor the son

you do not know on what day your lord will come

Good simple logic! Hadn't thought of it that way before. Also, why did the apostles (or whomever wrote the New Testament books) write it as if Jesus would return any minute when they could have done the math Russell did and saw for theirselves that Jesus wouldn't be back until 1914? (Invisably no less.)

• Jeffro
  • plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Have you visited this site yet while researching 607? It makes some interesting points.

http://bibleprobe.com/daniel1.htm

About 607 B.C. Daniel said 70 Weeks (before the Window closes for the Jews)

As we know, the "Lost Sheep of Israel" was their Messiah's (Mashiach ben David) main focus/ministry.

After 490 years exactly to the day, the Gentiles became the main focus because the Jews had missed the time of their own visitation.

If only the First Century Jerusalem Jews had studied their own Scripture, and recognized the "day of their visitation" of their own Messiah, history may have been very different.

Writing in about 607 BC, the Prophet Daniel prophesized the exact date the Messiah (Jesus) would ride into Jerusalem on a colt.

Who else claiming to be the Messiah, and doing many wondrous miracles rode into Jerusalem on the foal of a donkey on Palm Sunday, April 6, 32 A.D.?

The 70th weeks of Daniel Delusion We at Bible Probe believe that the 70 weeks of the Daniel Prophecy have nothing to do with tribulation and the antichrist. There is no text in the Bible that teaches a 7-year tribulation. Daniel 9:27 speaks of nothing to do with an antichrist, a rebuilt Jewish Temple, or even tribulation. Nothing! That's because it is all about Jesus Christ, the Messiah AND the Jewish people.

The link below gives the breakdown of the timeline.

http://bibleprobe.com/daniel1.htm

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Have you visited this site yet while researching 607? It makes some interesting points.

The 70 weeks is outside of the scope of consideration of the 70 years.

If I get time in the future, I might look into it. However, t here is too much myth and allegory associated with various interpretations associated with the 70 weeks, and such interpretations are largely speculative at best.

• yesidid
    yesidid

You are doing a great job exposing that pathetic little website. Saved for future reference.

Thank you.

yesidid

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I'm bookmarking so I can find later. Jeffro, thanks for your work. I've brought up this topic with my wife and told her I am researching. I need to calmly be able to present facts, especially using the WTs own work. I know there are numerous misquotes on this subject which I also want to show her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit