TITHING approaches!

by hamsterbait 23 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

In the Sep 1 Witchtower, p25

There is an illustration (I assume of an anonymous Israelite) vowing "I shall without fail give the tenth of 'it' to you" , at the point in the study where we are told that ornary folks gathered outside the temple when incense was being offered up. (He has already given the tenth of something - "it's" running down the end of that phallic looking thingie.) - No don't even suggest it came out of that subliminal imagey looking weasle's skull at the left. And look at that tassle hanging down from his coat. It looks like a hand (thumb to the right of whatever it is pushing down in the guys crotch)

I think this is planting a seed for the idea that as the FDS class offers prayers up in Crooklyn Brothel, the R&F should be promising 10th of their income "to you" [implies OT God, actually WTBTS]

There is no reference to the person in the picture in the paragraphs. Visual implantation is very effective for mind control. (Look at Derren Brown!!) The article will be studied just after the predicted announcement.

Conductor: "so happy smiling brothers, what does the illustration on page 25 of our happy new study tell us?" (up go all hands) "yes little sweet child in the front row sitting on Brother Dodgy's lap?"

Bro Little sweet Child: "I have to give 5 cents of my Sat'day dollar to Jeh - Jeh -Jeh (whispered prompt from Bro Dodgy) JEHOVAH!!!"

[Everbody laughs. How endearing that even a little child knows what God wants us all to do.]

In the US where I think this may be tried first, the R&F have already been coerced into giving $8 each for the Woik.

Is this to be the "shocking" announcement - that after 130 years of merely begging for funds, for the first time a contribution of 10th of your income will be DEMANDED - Like the Mormons. And let's face it the WTBTS cannot have failed to notice that the Latter Day Saints are still making converts - else why do THEY still do the door to bore misery?

HB

• earthtone
    earthtone

lmao... hilarious illustrations.. I can't wait to read the sept mag. I'm sure my mom will leave on with me

• KW13
    KW13

very interesting...

• earthtone
    earthtone

I have never heard about this 8 dollars a week for the work. Who can tell me more about it. I can't believe they would ask for money after so many years of donations.

I remember my mother being proud that unlike churchs they (WTS) did not ask for money. Her favorite thing to tell people was that," if we relied on donations for the worldly people we would not be able to publish anything". Meaning they didn't give enough. But why should they, we ( JW) gave more than enough, sometime more the the tenth churches ask for.

• sir82
    sir82
    I have never heard about this 8 dollars a week for the work.

It's $8 per year, to cover the cost of health insurance for COs and DOs.

I don't think they will come out with anything so blatant as "you must give us 10%!!!" but I expect that sometime fairly soon there will be some sort of article broadly hinting that "mature Christians" would "do well" to "imitate the faith" of the Israelites who paid their tithe, implying that anyone who didn't would be an unfaithful, immature, and un-Christian.

The problem of course is enforcement. Contributions are still anonymous.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

sir82,

"Enforcement" could be set in motion by a simple informal query from an elder. It wouldn't be the first time (see "conscience" decisions regarding music choices). I doubt they will ever disfellowship anyone over it but, like music choices, it could result in removal of privileges of serve-us.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

ya know, as poor as most jw's are , 10% requirement might actually make the wt's income go DOWN lol

• KW13
    KW13

i think with peoples 'christian consciences' troubling them, without actually being MADE to offer money, they will make an actual effort to contribute or at least increase their current contribution.

my folks are struggling enough, i hope this particular one goes over my mums head for her sake.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Lets not get carried away.( perhaps hamsterbait is winding us up as little?)

The article is entitled "How to approach the Hearer of Prayer" It is all about prayer.. I see no other reference to contributions, bar this picture, which, I confess, I do not know who it it is meant to be or what occasion . I have scanned the pic, it is not a good scan, perhaps someone can tell me why WT pic scans never come out well, in colour?

But what do you think?

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Bluesbro -

The whole point of the article is that prayers will be viewed as an offensive odor to Jehovah from those not practicing works in harmony with his laws (like CONTRIBUTING 10%)

It is a subtle preparation, like some of the pre Generation change studies, that said things like "modern Christians are no longer living in a period pf time covered by CHRONOLOGY" ( just before the whole chronology thing started to be dismantled a baby step at a time.)

Remember these snakes have 100 years head start on those trying to expose them.

HB

I don't like to say it but your scan brings out even more clearly the subliminal penis/testicle shape just in front of the hindu Lingam, over which ??? is seeping.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit