Why do JWs do these things

by curiouskev 12 Replies latest jw friends

• saki2fifty
    saki2fifty
    because the watch tower society tells them to. It's supposed to be an act of love on their part, to remind the sinner of what they are missing by not being able to enjoy fellowship with other witnesses, though I personally see very little loving in evidence

The above was mentioned, then later a few quotes from the bible was pasted. I dont see the problem. Regardless of how the WTS translates or applies this among their people, and regardless of if they see a person as someone not even eating with...

...how are they wrong for this?

If I was told to wear purple shoes by God... I wont question it.

------ <saki> I just saw the 2 links WhereamI provided... so I'm reading them now.

• vitty
    vitty

Saki

As usual they never know the context of scripture.

I just thought id mention that although they quote the scripture in 1 corinthians , where Paul said not to speak to that man or eat with him. They never go on to quote the scripture in 2 corin 2v 5-10 were Paul goes back on his word saying they shouldnt be overly severe with him because he may become overly sad and lose his faith !!!!!!!!!!

Isnt that what happens in the WT................many ppl are DFs and are so heartbroken they never go back OR they even take their own lives

Just a side note , I think Paul has a lot to answer for. When you read the gospels, then read what paul wrote.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Welcome curiouskev

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit