Mama's Boys

by Thegoodgirl 18 Replies latest social relationships

• MegaDude
    MegaDude
    So you married the same type of man 2 times?

Divorced people usually marry the same spouse again. Different face, different name, same spouse. Unconsciously of course.

Mama's boys are just as bad as mama's girls.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere
    Mama's boys are just as bad as mama's girls.

So true! IMO -I happen to think a Mama's Girl is far worse than a Mama's Boy! Case in point "my sister", oh the horror!

I am just glad that I'm a Daddy's girl! **holds out hand for money**(kidding)

• Jourles
    Jourles
    What do you all do to help the Mama's Boy in your life cut the umbilical cord?

First, make sure both the momma's boy and his parents are fine, upstanding JW's. Then, have momma's boy get the big D, as in DF'd. Whammo! Phone call interruptions should now be at a bare minimum, if any.

Jourles, of the it worked for me class

• earthtone
    earthtone

What do you do if he's a mama's boy and loves to hang out with his friends?

I would never ask him to chose, but I know he'd chose him mama and probably hesitate before chosing me over friends!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I made a rule for myself to never take phone calls at supper time. If the phone rings while I'm eating, the machine will get it (unless I'm waiting for an important call). If the wife wants to talk on the phone while her dinner gets cold, that's her thing.

Just eat supper without him. Your world doesn't need to stop because of his parents.

• Mamacat
    Mamacat

Warlock...no, I didn't. That was all about my ex-husband. Sorry for the confusion. My current husband doesn't really have much to do with his mom at all. His aunt raised him, and there is no cord that needs to be cut.

My husband and my ex have nothing in common except they were both in the military. I learned my lesson about mama's boys and abusive people. My ex was quite a bit like my dad though now that I look back on it. ugh

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

According to these instructions you should be able to solve your problem in about five minutes:

http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/laborbasics/ht/cutcord.htm

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    What do you all do to help the Mama's Boy in your life cut the umbilical cord?

I bang my head against the wall daily. All you can do is go on and as others have said, let his dinner get cold. Keep planning your life around you and ignore his requests/statements in this if he's putting his parents' best interests first. Anything to remind him that your life doesn't revolve around them.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I will offer a different perspective. My husband's mom died when he was fourteen. How he wishes he could have her to talk to. His dad hardly called at all because we were witnesses. My parents were rather distant from us because we were witnesses. Now we are older. How I wish my husband could have such a good relationship with his father that they wanted to talk to each other daily. I would try to make some compromise about the food. People are more important.

My own father is now dead. What a treat it would be for me to hear his voice one more time. My mother calls once a week. I try always to be home on that night. If there is something I want to watch on tv I tape it. We talk a long time. I try to get everything set before the time she calls. My family is understanding.

I respect a man who cares for his family. While I agree that some seem to overdo it, your problems could be alot worse.

Listen to all the posters whose entire family shun them. Wouldn't they love to have a parent who loves them enough to call daily?

Just a different perspective-sometimes its all in the attitude toward something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit