Has the WTBTS got wise to the best way to make money?

by Gill 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Gill
    Gill

There used to be several books released at every summer convention. There also used to be two 'Awakes' a month published.

Now, there are few books released, only pamphlets and no effort to rewrite the 'Revelation book', just a list of changes to 'put in yourself'. The 'Awake' mag is down to one a month.

So...has the WTBTS finally realised that there is far more money to be made investing in the property market than there is to be made in printing books to a captive audiance? After all, the captive audiance will gradually reduce more and more once 1914 becomes a VERY distant memory.

In the end, as GaryBuss always says, and is correct in saying it, 'it's only a book publishing company'.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You may be right. Instead of publishing a new book the next study book, which now has bits of paper stuck over the embarrasing bits can now be known as...

the Re-evaluation Book

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

We all the reductions, I still dont't fully understand the recent expensive moderinization of the printing facilities. I wonder how much of the decision was based on some sort of "group think" mentality.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Now that the Watchtower has taken a major shareholding in 3M, study books will now be recycled with Post It notes containing the increasing light only available through Faithful and Discreet Slave.

Re-evaluation Climax shall be re-studied every three years. Please do not discard out of date Watchtowers as they shall now be updated free of charge. (Donations for the Post It updates will be required to further the World Wild Work).

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I, too, was under the impression that Brooklyn (or whever they have the printers) were 'upgrading' their printing machinery.

If this is true... what are they using the printers for?

Do they do 'outside' work? For other companies? Sortuv a 'freelance' type of business?

Regards,

Jim TX

• RR
    RR

I wouldn't be surprise if the Society did freelance printing. Or quick builds for others. Who's to say if the Society doesn't have a construction company building homes.

RR

• garybuss
    garybuss

This reconstruction / repair business the Society has going now could be the beta version of a full blown new home construction / remodel business. The Witness could make a "donation" equal to the cost of the house, the "brothers" would pay for materials, build the house and the labor would drop right to the Society as a donation.
    The Society could take a mortgage on the house and then talk the Witness into donating the house to the Society when they die, since the "brothers" built it for them.
    It's the Kingdom Hall program on steroids.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

maybe they print glossy real estate ads showing off their acquisitions

• VM44
    VM44

Look at the cover of the 1942 Convention Report, it shows a FLOOD of Watchtower books and publications pouring out of the heavens.

The quoted scripture is "I will open the windows of heaven and pour you out a blessing" Malachi 3:10.

Watchtower books as a Biblical "blessing"? Only a book-publishing business would say that.

This outpouring of"blessing" must drying up to only a trickle with only one book being released this year.

--VM44

• VM44
    VM44

Click on and zoom in on the picture I attached. Look at it carefully. It shows what the Watchtower truly thinks is important.

The cover is acutally disgusting if you think about what it really means.

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit