God's Organization? (for the JW Lurkers)

by KW13 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Carmel
    Carmel

Kida, you're spot on! None of the religions that preceeded Jesus time "rejected" Him, nor did Muhammed who came 600 years after Him. By biblical standards, as quoted above, Muhammed and His followers who endorsed Jesus as "thee Christ" are "in" and the others are too by the similarity of their moral, ethical and spiritual teachings.

carmelb

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Thank you KW13 for putting this together... it makes a great mini-witness!
    I especially like the distinction in John 17 between "knowing" God and Christ in a personal relationship, and "taking in knowledge" of them (NWT). There is a tremendous difference! Take in knowledge = buy more books, obey GB.
    I recall reading somewhere that the WT translation committee deliberately botched this lifesaving scripture to ensure repeat book sales. Anything to that? Or were they trying separate worshipers from this essential relationship so they could direct the focus back to themselves as usual, usurping Jesus as our only mediator?
    ~Sue

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Good scriptures KW13

KidA,

It is one step at a time. The bible is great for showing that the concept of a controlling organization is not scriptural. That is the first all important step for a JW. After they have freed their minds to think for themselves they will be in a better position to work out how they choose to understand Jesus message.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

GREAT JOB KW!!!!

Who could argue with that?

Oh yeah..........I forgot who we're dealing with.

• KW13
    KW13
    Oh yeah..........I forgot who we're dealing with.

lol, i know what ya mean but hey, the more arguments against and not for that appear i think the more people will be able to see its not 'the truth'

• KW13
    KW13

A new scripture, for those convinced that the truth is the 'truth because of the 1914 prediction e.t.c

Matthew 7:15-23

"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

--------------

Think.

• xjwms
    xjwms

KW

Good stuff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit